Premier League Gameweek 14-16

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Gazza, Shearer and many more
Right, that’s not the point though. The point isn’t that we didn’t used to get all the top English talent, it’s that now we don’t get near it. Unless you count the likes of Sancho, Mount and Maguire.

The Purley King

History does not care for the so called asterisk. The context is forgotten in time unless they officially take away those titles. In 20 yrs they could overtake many records United hold. Also they would have a huge fanbase as new viewers/followers care more about winning/entertainment. They would easily be self sustaining by then so all those accounting gimmicks won't be required then.
In any other business if someone is trying to change the status quo and end someones monopoly they try everything including bending the rules to the extent they can get away with. Not saying its right or justified but that is just how things work. People remember that for some time but they have short memories and the context is forgotten overtime as that is not part of the history books.
Football fans don’t have short memories. None of them, quite the opposite I would argue.
In my lifetime (was born in 76), Robson injured shoulder in WC 82, Bailey save FA Cup 83 + the replay, Moran red card and whiteside goal FA Cup 85, Utd winnng the first 10 games of the season in 85/86 but due to a strike no games were on the telly, maradona WC 86….. etc
For all City win it means nothing and I suspect for some city fans too it is very hollow. Anyone can win when they cheat.
It’s why I’d much rather city win the league again as opposed to arsenal or Liverpool or any other “proper” club. Because it means precisely nothing to me and I can rationalise that far easier.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

In terms of rivalries, for me, it always has been in this order:

Liverpool
Arsenal
Leeds
City

Growing up - in school - it was always like this as well. And yes, I live in Manchester.
Leeds below Arsenal is madness. Have you been to any of our games vs Leeds before? The atmosphere is far more hostile than any Arsenal vs United game I've ever been to.

BelfastRed2021

Absolutely sickening to see Rice win three games in injury time with goals a no brainer signing we should have made yet we get to watch amrabat absolutely done with this nonsense

TsuWave

I'm aware you said that. At the end of the day, it's all down to our own subjective feelings. But as someone who lives in Manchester, I'd assume most other United fans in your area wouldn't have Arsenal in their top 3 rivals.
"Growing up - in school - it was always like this as well."

Maybe for people over 35 it might have been Leeds - for me/my age group - it was Liverpool > Arsenal > Leeds. Culturally Arsenal just had more weight when we were coming up - we were in the schoolyard talking about which players were better than xyz and which players we wanted to be. Not worried about dusty Leeds.

Last edited:

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
This Raya experiment has to end. This was a close game due to his 2 howlers. We will never win anything if he's making clangers every game.
I'm very surprised that Arteta is stubbornly sticking with Raya. It sends a very strange message to the team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm very surprised that Arteta is stubbornly sticking with Raya. It sends a very strange message to the team.
Even more strange when you consider how many good decisions he's made as Arsenal manager, seems an odd hill for him to die on.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Even more strange when you consider how many good decisions he's made as Arsenal manager, seems an odd hill for him to die on.
I agree ... Arteta has never backed away from the tough decisions & has a good track record of making the right decision. I was surprised when Arsenal went after Raya initially to be honest.

BelfastRed2021

Any Utd Fan who would rather City win the league than Arsenal is off their medications i cant stand them winning.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Absolutely sickening to see Rice win three games in injury time with goals a no brainer signing we should have made yet we get to watch amrabat absolutely done with this nonsense
I was guilty of thinking Casemiro had another season or two left in him at the top, so I didn't think spending 105m on a new DM was necessary. I'm guessing Erik thought the same.

Zen

City's squad is so goddamn threadbare. Obviously half of them won't be playing there really despite Villa's attacking onslaught, but playing 6 'defenders' today. 2 of which are English and clearly well ahead of the natural midfielder Phillips for their club.... but come to the England setup, and he's miles clear of them, in that position at least.

Manncunian

How is Hooper refereeing PL football again after that monstrosity of a performance on Sunday?!?

The refs seemingly having zero consequences for their actions. No accountability whatsoever.

Is it any wonder the standard of officiating is the worst it’s ever been.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
How is Hooper refereeing PL football again after that monstrosity of a performance on Sunday?!?

The refs seemingly having zero consequences for their actions. No accountability whatsoever.

Is it any wonder the standard of officiating is the worst it’s ever been.
Crazy he wasn't dropped

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
City's squad is so goddamn threadbare. Obviously half of them won't be playing there really despite Villa's attacking onslaught, but playing 6 'defenders' today. 2 of which are English and clearly well ahead of the natural midfielder Phillips for their club.... but come to the England setup, and he's miles clear of them, in that position at least.
Phillips must have fallen out with Pep or something, he'll be gone in January 100%.

GlasgowCeltic

They could really do with one of Nunes and Kovacic showing up at some point, and obviously KDB to return strong in the new year

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
why would you give such an easy penalty away... what goes through their heads?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Origi is stealing for living at this point. Have no idea how he's ended up playing for Liverpool and Milan.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Gross always turns up. Quietly one of the most underrated players in the league. Fantasy football darling.