Premier League Gameweek 18+19

PoTMS

3 mins added time. You just know it'd be 4 or 5 if it was United 1 up.

El Presidente

I dont think theyre favourites at all. They just dont have the firepower which is their own fault with their summer business.
Its just mental mindgames that cant have us as favourites because we arent meant to be that good. If not City you would see Spurs getting talked up
Sorry but City is just, plain and simple, the better team.

Which is no shame considering where we were 12 months. We are progressing, but we are not favorites, not even close.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There’s some awful football on display :lol:

marktan

Brighton are absolute wank, all bark and no bite. I think they're likely to get relegated this season, Fulham are better than them imo.

Potter for the praise he gets for style of play doesn't half make some bizzare lineups, no striker giving them a threat all game, Maupays been on 20 mins and his runs in behind have caused problems

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I couldn't understand why sterling was on that with Dr bruyne on the pitch :lol: what's the logic behind that? Sterling shits his pants Infront of goal all the time.

Deery

Dreary
How many pens has Sterling missed now seriously bad at them

Mic

Sterling the worst player at city, there isn't a positive thing he can do.

GeorgieBoy

They waited at least 1 minute for the pen to be taken and he still blew up on 3 minutes?!

They've been defensively excellent for a while now. 15 clean sheets in 26 games, 16 conceded 5 of which was in one game. They're a very tough nut to crack and this is why they're favourites for me.
Yep, like I said I think they'd probably be my pick due to the Dias-Stones partnership being brilliant for the last few months. Still, lack of a striker will hurt them

Terminator

They took more than a minute to take the pen and the ref blew the whistle right at 90+3. So fecking stupid.

MU655

Brighton are absolute wank, all bark and no bite. I think they're likely to get relegated this season, Fulham are better than them imo.

Potter for the praise he gets for style of play doesn't half make some bizzare lineups, no striker giving them a threat all game, Maupays been on 20 mins and his runs in behind have caused problems
The simple fact is their players are pretty crap; no better than Fulham's team really. You can only do so much with them.

PoTMS

This is the season Brighton get relegated. All very well playing nice football between your defenders but means feck all if you can't score. You can only rely on Maupay shithousing his way to the odd goal so many times in a season.

Alemar

Good penalty by Sterling, well over the bar. But they still won :(

padr81

Supports
Man City
My God that was the worst 45 minutes of football I've watched since we were in League 1. Disgraceful. Decent first half, atrocious 2nd half.

Another day where we played kick the ball at the goalkeeper when we had a chance (cept Sterling who played kick the ball into space).
Absolutely shocking by both teams 2nd half.

RORY65

City creeping back into this race ugh.
Their fixtures for the next weeks are very favourable too which is annoying as they will likely be able to put a real run of wins together (Palace and Villa at home, West Brom away, Sheffield United at home and Burnley away before they start a tough run of fixtures).

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Even City finding it tough with the bottom half team. Brighton should have scored.
And poor old Sterling...

Sylar

The city cbs have only conceded 1 goal in 8 games (7 wins too)

Their fixtures for the next weeks are very favourable too which is annoying as they will likely be able to put a real run of wins together (Palace and Villa at home, West Brom away, Sheffield United at home and Burnley away before they start a tough run of fixtures).
Villa the only tough game in there. I'd usually say Burnley too but City seem to stick 6 past them every time they play

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My God that was the worst 45 minutes of football I've watched since we were in League 1. Disgraceful. Decent first half, atrocious 2nd half.

Another day where we played kick the ball at the goalkeeper when we had a chance (cept Sterling who played kick the ball into space).
Absolutely shocking by both teams 2nd half.
This sounds like some of us here:lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
City 4 behind with a game in hand, and the two sides above them playing each other at the weekend. Good position to be in.

Statue of Limitations

City could easily have dropped points there.
We just are the most consistent team, over a good long stretch.
Can't you just feel it? :)

padr81

Supports
Man City
KDB is fecking immense, what a player
Had a good game but his finishing has been poor this season, missed a couple today he should be tucking at least 1 away from.

always_hoping

Mostly Dias, as we found out in the cup.
Agreed, looks like they have finally found a decent replacement for Kompany and Stones plays better alongside a good defender.

City's next 5 league games will likely bring 15 points for them.

Palace (H) Villa (H) West Brom (A) Sheffield United (H) Burnley (A)

Wheato

Brighton leave their best player on the bench. Had literally no intention of trying to score. 3 points to City.

Sterling back to his form of a few years ago, when he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. I think the boost they had from a mini break has worn off.

cyberman

City could easily have dropped points there.
We just are the most consistent team, over a good long stretch.
Can't you just feel it? :)
It was only a few game days ago they drew v West Brom and scrapped past Southsmpton and now we have that tonight.
I have no idea where this talk of the City of old being back has come from. It looks as if theyre riding the Foden good form wave that is covering a lot of their attacking flaws.
If they dont keep up this defensive record for the rest of the season I can see them struggling for top 4 with how tight the league is