Premier League Gameweek 2

Dazzmondo

Palace have an excellent defence so not at all surprised that Arsenal have struggled to create much. We'll struggle against them also

RedDevilQuebecois

One of the few things I want to be change in the entirety of football is to no longer allow defenders to shield the ball to let it roll out. If it's in range to be played, then play it or it's a foul.

saik

Are they? Palace are dominating the ball comfortably since the red card.
I mean, when they had the ball they tried to keep it for as long as possible. Ofcourse, dumb Zinchenko decided to try and take on his man and lost it.

James_42

Who the feck is this joke commentator on Sky? Is this an Arsenal fan broadcast or what?

Hester_manc

Jordan Ayew is a really overrated striker. I can not understand why he plays in the PL. Crystal Palace should be able to attract a better striker than him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Blows before the 7 mins are up when Arse players spent most of those minutes on their arses :houllier:

Sanchez7

Arsenal are just a lot more solid team than they used to be. Both them and Liverpool went down to 10 this week but managed the game well. Our lack of composure in midfield means we would struggle in these situations.

90 + 5min

Lucky, lucky Arsenal. Helped once again. Will there be any apologies tonight from the referees?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Jordan Ayew is a really overrated striker. I can not understand why he plays in the PL. Crystal Palace should be able to attract a better striker than him.
I doubt his own mum rates him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal nicely composed keeping the ball even with 10 men. We would be hoofing it up at the first opportunity.
They spent 40 seconds doing that. They spent the other remaining 20 minutes hoofing the ball at the first opportunity.

TopDog

Supports
Bolton
Yeah, Arsenal are shit and arent winning anything this year.
That was an outstanding win. Zero chance Utd and many others go there and do that under those circumstances, with 10 for the last half hour. Respectfully, if Arsenal are 'shit', what does that make Man Utd? Roy's first home defeat since returning.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
It feels like every time Arsenal narrowly win now they celebrate it like it’s still the run in of the end of season. New season guys.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
He didn't change the direction of the ball and Eze was past him with the ball right in front of him. Would you count that as "winning" the ball?
You can argue it wasn’t a pen based on Eze overreacting to the contact, but Partey got nowhere the ball
He did get the ball and there was a slight change in direction. This was visible in one angle clearly.

Abhinav

Arsenal are just a lot more solid team than they used to be. Both them and Liverpool went down to 10 this week but managed the game well. Our lack of composure in midfield means we would struggle in these situations.
All for criticizing our team when they deserve. But what composure did Arsenal really show in the last 15 minutes? Palace had 80% of the ball. It was really more that they had no clue with it and less that Arsenal showed any composure.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They were incredibly fortunate in two VAR decisions.

Basso

Palace created next to nothing in the final 30 mins after the sending off. Arsenal didn't have the ball but their defence looked solid.
There are going to struggle for goals without Zaha, if they plan on relying on Ayew.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
They showed earlier that of the 42 games he has been ahead, they won 38 and drew 4 so I don’t think he’s too bad at seeing how games, statistically.
Interesting stat because in a lot of our games lately, we are comfortable and we let our opponents back in including today. Could have easily dropped points for no reason. Forest last week, West Ham, Liverpool...he needs to keep his team ticking the ball along instead of limping over the line and potentially coming up short in ny opinion.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Some of the comments on this page seriously. I would be horrified if we played like Arsenal did after the red card . Good win but hardly something to praise them for

TopDog

Supports
Bolton
Some of the comments on this page seriously. I would be horrified if we played like Arsenal did after the red card . Good win but hardly something to praise them for
Mate, come on, you play worse than that with 11. What do you mean?

Sanchez7

All for criticizing our team when they deserve. But what composure did Arsenal really show in the last 15 minutes? Palace had 80% of the ball. It was really more that they had no clue with it and less that Arsenal showed any composure.
I praised their spine and said they are a much more solid team than they used to be. The composure point was a general observation referring to their midfield players but even the sequence of passes in this game that used up 2-3 mins of stoppage time is something that I don't believe our team is capable of.

Blood Mage

I haven't seen a single team that looks capable of getting close to City. They'll PSG the league this year.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Mate, come on, you play worse than that with 11. What do you mean?
And 90% of the forum right now is people trashing us for playing badly against spurs. Arsenal got a good win but anyone who watched the last 30 minutes can’t possibly be serious if they talk about composure, possession and stuff. They showed good spirit but other than that they were mostly hoofing it away to no one

Dan_F

Bizarre from Carragher on the penalty. Not looking at the ball, body checks the defender on purpose but it’s not a pen because he didn’t push him over. Someone tell him this isn’t basketball.

Abhinav

I praised their spine and said they are a much more solid team than they used to be. The composure point was a general observation referring to their midfield players but even the sequence of passes in this game that used up 2-3 mins of stoppage time is something that I don't believe our team is capable of.
Our team is more than capable to do that as showed in the game against Palace last season at OT with Casemiro’s ‘Red Card’. Seems like its kick ‘em when they are down time at the Caf.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Even before the red card we had decided to change our mentality, which indirectly led to the red card. We did that to ourselves. I was not expecting an easy game to be honest. The first instinct here is to knock the opposing team but CP are pretty well organized and can be difficult to break down. I would have accepted this scoreline in a heartbeat, just does not inspire confidence the way we finished the game.