Premier League Gameweek 20

tomaldinho1

Common sense would be rule out the goal and yellow Dier for literally manhanlding Firmino and FK from that spot, surely?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
VAR works. Shut up Macca. Clown.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Come on Spurs. Hit them on counter and don't get hit yourselves!!

Dobba

Seriously, they need to start broadcasting whatever the guys in the VAR booth are saying to the refs. Its an absolute farce that the commentators are left to try and mindread what they're saying.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
This handball rule is so fecking stupid. The Spurs player can literally handball it first onto the Liverpool player's hand and it's Liverpool that are punished :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not watching the match, I can't imagine it's more of a rollercoaster than refreshing this page every 5 seconds last two minutes. You'd have thought there had been a decision reversed four times.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Unbelievable decision. Diers arm knocks it onto Firminos and he gives a handball against Liverpool. feck off.

Darth Revan

Interesting, if i remember correctly, chelsea against wba also scored after handball, and it was said if there are more passes after it, the goal would stand

Okey

Why did the Ref have to go look at that? I thought handball is an all or nothing call. Could the Ref have said otherwise?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, Spurs did the handball first, why is it not a fk for Liverpool at least?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Sky live text person is a dipper

There's no doubt it hit Firmino's hand - but there's certainly precedent for this earlier in the season. Remember Werner's handball before Chelsea's last-minute equaliser at West Brom?

That was ruled to have been too far back to be a direct influence; this handball was on the half-way line before Liverpool broke and scored.

RashyForPM

This game is testament to why I’m a supporter of VAR. Son’s offside goal correctly ruled out and a blatant handball gets Salah’s goal also correctly disallowed after the ref goes to the screen. It really enhances a football match when used properly. Adds to the drama too when waiting for the call.

United Hobbit

They should have assessed him further.

Football is 100000 miles away from doing things properly
Completely agree, instead just bung a bandage on him and bring him back

I thought we were supposed to be getting concussion subs?

If it's drawn blood, surely it wasn't just a light tap, so you can't guarantee what's going on underneath...

He may be fine, but is it worth the risk he may not be?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Unbelievable decision. Diers arm knocks it onto Firminos and he gives a handball against Liverpool. feck off.
a fould and handball from Dier first and because of this it touches the arm from Firminio :D

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Is that the bizarre 'it's not a handball if you're defending, but it is if you're attacking' call?

Keeps the match more interesting.

fanutd

That’s what it looks like to me. Should be a Liverpool free kick. Also looks a foul as Dier had completely held Firmino

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Dier's arm was around Firmino when ball hit his arm. Firmino used to control it. It's a correct decision