Premier League Gameweek 22

cyberman

We play 4th, 5th, 6th all away from home.
Doesn’t anybody else? Another way of saying that is we have already played everybody else in the top 12 away from with half a season to go.
If anything it’s an advantage.

edcunited1878

Our city rivals above us in the table lost and it's somehow a bad result for us :lol:
Because too many folks are looking in the rear view mirror instead of just focusing on the team and looking forward. Full speed ahead against Leeds. Everything else is just noise.

RVN1991

3 points behind with us needing to go there. I wouldn't be so sure. To look at it another way there's a far bigger chance of Spurs finishing above us than us winning the league.
Good result for spurs but come on, you clearly haven't watched much of them this season, guarantee they'll muck up their next fixture, they're shite. We're comfortably a better side.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
fecking hell you're so negative.

Do you ever get any enjoyment from football ever ? You seem to constantly be predicting doom and gloom.
Not really. We're still favourites, just less so.

Positive would have been a City win or better a draw for me. You see it differently.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
3 points behind City. If we manage our squad well over the next weeks and continue playing well, we might overtake City

cyberman

Our city rivals above us in the table lost and it's somehow a bad result for us :lol:
The two teams above us lost and the other team in the top 4 dropped points and we are somehow in the shit! Actually moved up a place as well.
We. Are. Doomed

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I can't imagine both Tottenham and Newcastle lasting until the end of the season. In fact I'd put my money on Newcastle but Tottenham keeps surprising me, so high up the table being so average.
I think Brighton have a terrific chance of 4th. Even with this win Spurs are only 5 points clear, Newcastle are six and faltering and Brighton have a game in hand on both which is Bournemouth away.

Would be a great story for the league.

PoTMS

With hindsight, I'm glad we face Barcelona early. If we get knocked out, it probably works out in our favour.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Not exactly. A draw would have been ideal because the last thing we needed was Tottenham to be back in the picture of the top 4 race.
They ain’t catching us, Don’t worry. They can fight with Newcastle for 4th. Thing with spurs is they always turn up against city, then they’ll lose to a Leicester.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
3 points behind with us needing to go there. I wouldn't be so sure. To look at it another way there's a far bigger chance of Spurs finishing above us than us winning the league.
Spurs will probably lose to Leicester next week. Stop panicking.

git_united

Geez. This word gets thrown around too casually but people here are ‘traumatized’.

What a great weekend for Man Utd!

el3mel

Fecking Man City can't even put some pressure on Arsenal after they lost. Perfect time for them to at least make them worry a a little bit.

Oh well. Guess I have to adapt to the fact Arsenal are going to win the league.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Who mentioned winning the league? Newcastle, Arsenal and City dropped points, we won. How exactly can that mean a bad weekend for us?
Who mentioned bad weekend or other games? Spurs winning makes top 4 slightly less likely for us (but still very likely). It's not rocket science.

Real Name

Who mentioned bad weekend or other games? Spurs winning makes top 4 slightly less likely for us (but still very likely). It's not rocket science.
We're 3 points ahead with a game less. You said it's a bad result on a weekend in which we won.
That's some interesting mental gymnastics by you.

Siorac

We're 3 points ahead with a game less. You said it's a bad result on a weekend in which we won.
That's some interesting mental gymnastics by you.
But it IS a bad result for us. What does that have to do with us winning?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's a bad result if we want to be a bunch of bedwetters worrying about the chasing teams, rather than smell blood and be looking at taking City's place in the table.

cyberman

Why is getting closer to second a bad result? Surely dragging another team into potentially dropping out helps our chances? I can’t see what the harm is in being as far away from Spurs today as we were 4 hours ago. It’s not like we have to play City ourselves and Spurs have one less tricky fixture played