Premier League Gameweek 27

padr81

Supports
Man City
Harsh on Southampton, they've been the better team, yet we're 3-1 up and John Moss screwed us outta a peno. Weird game as we've been dogshit and the game should be over.

Sylar

City aren’t THAT good. West Ham, wolves, is and now Southampton, all gone to the eithad and all had chances. We might regret not making this a proper title race for a while to come
I was thinking this
But I reckon we would have missed out due to teams not taking chances v city which would have been more frustrating I guess

Guy Incognito

City aren’t THAT good. West Ham, wolves, is and now Southampton, all gone to the eithad and all had chances. We might regret not making this a proper title race for a while to come
They don't have to be that good, the challengers have been inconsistent as f.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Yep. Keeper picked it clean and Foden stepped over it.
Absolute rubbish, he took his foot away from him, as clear as a penalty as you'll ever see and whoever is controlling VAR today screwed up again, it's a bloody joke

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Funny thing is that the subtle push on De Bruyne inside the penalty area was probably as much of a penalty as Southampton's, and that's before the Foden debacle happened.

Manncunian

Everyone ranting about it being a pen, did you actually watch the replay?
Yes. About 10 times. At least.

That’s as much a stonewall penalty as you’ll ever see. Absolutely shocking officiating, yet again.

The refereeing in this country is a farce. The standard is so horrendously low. They can’t even get it right with the added luxury of video replays and slow-mo. Pathetic.

The worst thing is that they get away with it and never seem to face any repercussions for terrible decision making. You can’t put it down to human error like those made on the pitch in real-time. They literally have the benefit of hindsight here. It’s not even a mistake, it is plain wrong and there should be severe consequences.

Why is it PL referees can’t use VAR correctly? I don’t see any of these same issues with VAR in other top European leagues or in UCL/EL.

I despair. It’s ruining the game over here.

always_hoping

This game highlights how well as a team United defended last Sunday.

Can someone remind what was the original date for the City v Southampton game?

tomaldinho1

This game highlights how well as a team United defended last Sunday.

Can someone remind what was the original date for the City v Southampton game?
I really hope you're not comparing our first XI with So'tons...
In answer to your question - whenever City started their long run of wins I think. They had the two week break and then were immense - or so other managers will tell you!

croadyman

Shame that Southampton decided to switch off 5 minutes before half time and kill any hopes of a potentially interesting second half and City have annoyingly bounce straight back from Sunday

always_hoping

I really hope you're not comparing our first XI with So'tons...
In answer to your question - whenever City started their long run of wins I think. They had the two week break and then were immense - or so other managers will tell you!
Highlighting if you defend poorly against this City side you will likely concede glut goals be it Southampton or any other team.

To answer my own question a fixture brought forward from the end of April to accommodate City’s League Cup final.

croadyman

Highlighting if you defend poorly against this City side you will likely concede glut goals be it Southampton or any other team.

To answer my own question a fixture brought forward from the end of April to accommodate City’s League Cup final.
Need to make up 5 points on them in the next six games whilst not dropping any ourselves either

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We’ve shut them out in both league fixtures this season. How often does any team do that to them?
Since the Everton game we've kept 6 / 8 clean sheets, I imagine the defence got an absolute bollocking for that one.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
United didn't defend particularly well against city though? Or rather, didn't really shut them down. City just missed their chances. Outplayed them and deserved to win, but it was a fairly open game with plenty of chances both ways...

James Peril

United didn't defend particularly well against city though? Or rather, didn't really shut them down. City just missed their chances. Outplayed them and deserved to win, but it was a fairly open game with plenty of chances both ways...
Agreed. The shot that rattled the bar, tons of little plays that usually end up in the net, it was United’s lucky day. The scoreline says 0-0 and that’s all that matters, but yeah... the only thing separating a zero from 2-3 is lady luck. Also, a team has off-days, it’s not like the opposition is the only variable in a football game. Saying that, shutting out City twice is impressive regardless - it’s not like they’re not motivated against United.

acnumber9

Well there you go.

Apparently Fred has never played in a game where City scored a goal. Either at United or at Shaktar.

EDIT: A fact I heard on a podcast, and haven’t checked!
It’s not true. He played when we won 2-1 in the league and when we lost 3-1 in the League Cup. And when they beat us this season.