Premier League Gameweek 27

wr8_utd

:'(
City potentially could sew the league up in the next few weeks. If Liverpool have to put a team out like they had to yesterday City will dick them and I feel they need to beat Arsenal too. Then you feel it's one of those runs where they probably won't lose through to the end of the season.
I have no idea how people underestimate Liverpool this way. City are garbage at Anfield and have been for years and I'd be surprised if they even got a draw there next week.

always_hoping

When poor Man United can be leading 1-0 in the Etihad Stadium and be level for 80 minutes then what excuse can Liverpool use for not beating or at least drawing with Man City in Anfield next week.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I wouldn't say tony Pulis but I'd say easily in the 4 most cowardly teams we've played this season, they nearly did what Palace usually do to us. Brentford is a better comparison. We have to stop going behind to teams of that level though and making it hard for ourselves. We've been behind like 14 times this season now. The only way to get these teams to come out is to score early and not give up silly goals (though admittedly there was very little we could have done about today)
I do think we have issues that is hard to pintpoint especially offensively though. Really, really miss Gundogan in games like today and Chelsea. Surprised Bobb hasn't had more of a go instead of Doku, he can replicate a bit of the rhytm Grealish does and would have thought Pep would have appreciated that. Not a fan of Haaland, Alvarez and Doku on the pitch at the same time

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Man what are you on about? How long did City spend watching United win title after title, with no hope of every being anything?

Nothing lasts forever, United couldn't do it forever and the same will eventually be true for City, just like it was for Liverpool. The irony and arrogance of a City fan talking about "football heritage".
We didn't spend billions back then

padr81

Supports
Man City
I do think we have issues that is hard to pintpoint especially offensively though. Really, really miss Gundogan in games like today and Chelsea. Surprised Bobb hasn't had more of a go instead of Doku, he can replicate a bit of the rhytm Grealish does and would have thought Pep would have appreciated that. Not a fan of Haaland, Alvarez and Doku on the pitch at the same time
Me neither I think a front 5 of Haaland, Doku, Foden, KDB and Alvarez is way too direct for our style. I've said it before, I don't think it matter who they are but we need 2 patient players in the front 5 so 2 of Bernardo, Bobb, Grealish and maybe even Kovacic should play every game. Today we played with one (Bernardo) and 1st half we had something like 18 shots, alot of which from wild positions and we usually never wrack up high shot tallies.
It's why commentators alwasy thing we're playing bad when its like 0-0 after 60 minutes and we've had like 2 on target. We play a less shot and bigger chances kind of game, today we were almost Liverpool like just flinging the kitchen sink at them and lucky enough Foden did a Salah.

TheReligion

Abusive
I wouldn't say tony Pulis but I'd say easily in the 4 most cowardly teams we've played this season, they nearly did what Palace usually do to us. Brentford is a better comparison. We have to stop going behind to teams of that level though and making it hard for ourselves. We've been behind like 14 times this season now. The only way to get these teams to come out is to score early and not give up silly goals (though admittedly there was very little we could have done about today)
We don’t have a fit left back, or centre forward. Get over yourselves.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I have no idea how people underestimate Liverpool this way. City are garbage at Anfield and have been for years and I'd be surprised if they even got a draw there next week.
Its crazy people just presume Liverpool gonna bend over despite them scoring 3 or 4 a game and City stumbling over the line.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep, they seem to ignore that Liverpool are top in March, yet have a tonne of injuries.
We can't cope without 2-3 of our key men, yet write off them missing their key strike force, couple of mid starters, Robertson and TAA missing half a season each and the keeper like it's nothing.

However, hopefully City can boot them.

erikcred

Its crazy people just presume Liverpool gonna bend over despite them scoring 3 or 4 a game and City stumbling over the line.
I'd expect City to pummel Liverpool all game and end up with a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. They'll need a brave ref if they're to win at that stadium.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We don’t have a fit left back, or centre forward. Get over yourselves.
You literally played that way did you not? I genuinely couldn't give a feck if it your guys or Palace, or whoever. You played how you played.
I also never said it wasn't warranted, nor made it about United.

I was saying City have to get better at not going behind in games like this. Weird take but guess the wounds are still fresh.

eire-red

We didn't spend billions back then
Such a typical response that shows the depth and complexity of the typical City fan.

Hopefully City get booted down to the lower leagues after these charges are resolved. One could say, back to Manchester City's true "football heritage".

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should have been 5 or 6 but the all so familiar wonderstrike out of nowhere made it more difficult than it needed to be. Not happy with Haaland and Doku's impact in the crucial games this season.

Every time a United manager comes to the Etihad to do their best Tony Pulis impersonation, the harder that mentality becomes to change in the future. This is what Mourinho meant with football heritage
If football teaches us nothing else, it's that even the most incredible regime can come tumbling down.

Whether it's your owners losing interest, the league having balls and properly punishing you, or simply Pep going, you will see some dark times not that far in the future.
But you'll probably be doing whatever you were doing before leeching onto City then.

GlasgowCeltic

City potentially could sew the league up in the next few weeks. If Liverpool have to put a team out like they had to yesterday City will dick them and I feel they need to beat Arsenal too. Then you feel it's one of those runs where they probably won't lose through to the end of the season.
I think Arsenal are gonna win at the Etihad

padr81

Supports
Man City
If football teaches us nothing else, it's that even the most incredible regime can come tumbling down.

Whether it's your owners losing interest, the league having balls and properly punishing you, or simply Pep going, you will see some dark times not that far in the future.
But you'll probably be doing whatever you were doing before leeching onto City then.
Of course we will nothing lasts forever and what people expect from dominant teams was set by United, but 28 years of one manager is not the norm. We'll absolutely fall into the pack when Pep leaves, might fall alot lower in November or whenver that hearing is. No football dynasty ever lasts look at the great Liverpools, Barca's, Milans, Ajax;s. The same thing will of course come from City.

United are Englands most succesful club and have less than a title for every 5 years.

TheReligion

Abusive
You literally played that way did you not? I genuinely couldn't give a feck if it your guys or Palace, or whoever. You played how you played.

I was saying City have to get better at not going behind in games like this. Weird take but guess the wounds are still fresh.
Yeah you know what you’re doing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'd expect City to pummel Liverpool all game and end up with a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. They'll need a brave ref if they're to win at that stadium.
Possible with Liverpools injury issues to be honest. We generally crumble to the pressure at Anfield, I think our only win there was the covid season.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Such a typical response that shows the depth and complexity of the typical City fan.

Hopefully City get booted down to the lower leagues after these charges are resolved. One could say, back to Manchester City's true "football heritage".
The point is that you are the only team that really matches us in terms of transfer fees and wage bill yet you season in, season out come to the Etihad with a playstyle more similar to a team battling at the other side of the table compared to where you obviously want to be. The likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea, even Villa this season play way braver football against us and often enough gets results, at least performances they can be proud of. Call me arrogant all you want but it is a huge issue for you if your fanbase think it is okay for a United manager to set you up like this

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Of course we will nothing lasts forever and what people expect from dominant teams was set by United, but 28 years of one manager is not the norm. We'll absolutely fall into the pack when Pep leaves, might fall alot lower in November or whenver that hearing is. No football dynasty ever lasts look at the great Liverpools, Barca's, Milans, Ajax;s. The same thing will of course come from City.

United are Englands most succesful club and have less than a title for every 5 years.
It's good you understand that. Your clubmate doesn't.

Fans do love to taunt each other, for some that's what they most enjoy. I've always found it quite ludicrous to be so arrogant about something you have no part in.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah you know what you’re doing.
Take your blood pressure meds and calm down. I genuinely couldn't give a feck who we played today as long as we won. I was no happier, no more worried than any other game and don't care enough about Uniteds current issues to rub it in. It's another game down with Anfield upcoming, that's all it is, and my team have a worrying habit of giving away the first goal which we won't get away with when we go there.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I blame Labour. Thatcher would never allow this to happen, right @rimaldo?
ah, mate, we’ve just been humiliated by city. again. don’t get me all teary-eyed, thinking about thatcher and the good old days. a few more years under thatcher and manchester wouldn’t even exist any more, and then we wouldn’t have to go through days like today. some food for thought.

eire-red

You're not fooling anyone.

You are coming across as arrogant and purposely aggravating after a tough derby loss on a United forum.

How do you think our comments would be received on Blue Moon if roles were reversed?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Arsenal are gonna win at the Etihad
Probably their best chance in ages to actually get something at Man. City. They'll play for a draw though and don't really think they can get away with just Rice holding as Man. City will just create endless overloads on the break against their defence.

Last season they lost Saliba and had Rob Holding against Haaland so was a bit fanciful to think they'd get anything at Man. City but their spine of the team is certainly more solid now if they all stay fit.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Take your blood pressure meds and calm down. I genuinely couldn't give a feck who we played today as long as we won. I was no happier, no more worried than any other game and don't care enough about Uniteds current issues to rub it in. It's another game down with Anfield upcoming, that's all it is, and my team have a worrying habit of giving away the first goal which we won't get away with when we go there.
ah, mods, this is even worse. it’s like we don’t even exist.

and to think i called myself a city fan for 5 or 6 months.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
It's good you understand that. Your clubmate doesn't.

Fans do love to taunt each other, for some that's what they most enjoy. I've always found it quite ludicrous to be so arrogant about something you have no part in.
Don't understand what? That we won't be this good forever?

We were completely hopeless for years but different expectations back then.

If we spend loads of money in the future to replicate the kind of football you did today I would be very critical yeah

TheReligion

Abusive
The point is that you are the only team that really matches us in terms of transfer fees and wage bill yet you season in, season out come to the Etihad with a playstyle more similar to a team battling at the other side of the table compared to where you obviously want to be. The likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea, even Villa this season play way braver football against us and often enough gets results, at least performances they can be proud of. Call me arrogant all you want but it is a huge issue for you if your fanbase think it is okay for a United manager to set you up like this
Talk about living in a bubble. Of course no one is happy about it. Why do you think INEOS are coming in and ripping it all up in terms of the sporting operation.

You are arrogant.

I’m not on blood pressure meds. Could you get any lower.

TheReligion

Abusive
Don't understand what? That we won't be this good forever?

We were completely hopeless for years but different expectations back then.

If we spend loads of money in the future to replicate the kind of football you did today I would be very critical yeah
So why are you even on here now? What’s the purpose?

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Talk about living in a bubble. Of course no one is happy about it. Why do you think INEOS are coming in and ripping it all up in terms of the sporting operation.

You are arrogant.

I’m not on blood pressure meds. Could you get any lower.
So you agree with me then is what you are trying to say?

padr81

Supports
Man City
You're not fooling anyone.

You are coming across as arrogant and purposely aggravating after a tough derby loss on a United forum.

How do you think our comments would be received on Blue Moon if roles were reversed?
Are you comparing yourselves to Bluemoon cause thats not healthy. What was arrogant about what I said? You guys say stuff like that all the time.
I'll recap and you can inform me.

OP, United played like Pulis - Me, No they didn't more like Brentford and almost did to us what Palace did. (Brentford and Palace being notorious bogey teams for City playing exactly that style)
Also me - We've been behind in 14 of 27 games this season, we need to fix that or it could lead to us blowing the league. (Thats a pretty fair observation to make given it happened again today in whats essentially a must win game).

Is refering to United as a weaker team arrogant? No its not its as 99% of your fanbase would admit, truth.
I wasn't even focusing on United in general, just that we had the same issue again with the same style of football. I never made any reference to Uniteds quality vs Brentford or Palace or Pulis.

TheReligion

Abusive
So you agree with me then is what you are trying to say?
Agree with what? You know full well United are struggling currently and City are the current champions. What’s your point?

You’ve logged on here acting the big man trying to wind us all up after you won the derby. Rather pathetic no?

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
ah, mate, we’ve just been humiliated by city. again. don’t get me all teary-eyed, thinking about thatcher and the good old days. a few more years under thatcher and manchester wouldn’t even exist any more, and then we wouldn’t have to go through days like today. some food for thought.
Say what you want about her policies but her brand of brutal fatalism made the inevitable crushing disappointment of everyday life a little easier to bear. After all how can you be crushed with disappointment when you've no hope to speak of? Genius approach quite frankly.

Plus she had a wonderful pair.

eire-red

Thank you for repeating what 99% of United fans already know, and hundreds of threads discuss on a continuous basis.

The last thing anyone wants on here is oppo fans rubbing it in.