Premier League Gameweek 28-29

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You can't raise your studs into an opponents chest.
And yet...he didn't. Studs were pointing down and there was no contact whatsoever with the guy's chest, only with his thigh on the way down. Embarrassing that people would prefer to watch a guy rolling around for 2 mins holding a part of his body that wasn't touched than let a daft decision from a winger in defence go unpunished.

If the ref had given it there's no way VAR would have overturned it and it was fecking stupid from Doku, but no pen was 100% the right decision.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Both your fullbacks were really poor too.

Alvarez really stood out like a sore thumb though.
Agree, I think Walker bailed us out a couple of times with pace but he was atrocious on the ball and positionally poor, mullered by Diaz.
I'll give Ake a pass as he's been our 2nd best defender after Stones this season but that was a horrible back pass.

Harvey Elliot put in a Bernardo Silva today, thought he was motm, he must have run 20km.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
What a game. City very lucky, Liverpool should’ve won.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Loved the performance outside of the finishing. Van Dijk and Quansah handled Haaland really well. Mac Allister and Endo really good too.

Very good game. Not so sure City will run Arsenal over after that. They struggled a lot.

eire-red

You’d have a point if they hadn’t gone at each other hammer and tongs for 100 minutes. Shows you can fight to the last breath but still be gents afterwards. Same as they do in the rugby.
There's no love lost in rugby. It's very simple handshakes as a show of respect for the most part.

I don't know what it is, but the antics around City and Liverpool always feel a bit OTT and forced or fake or something.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
We should have lost that 3 or 4-1. For once its us getting away with one vs Liverpool. Huge boost for them, playing us off the park with 3/4 of a team. Could have stolen it at the end but we didn't even deserve a draw.

KDB and Alvarez were fecking awful today.
After a long time, I have seen Liverpool outplaying City like that. Last few years, City has always had the better football while Liverpool mostly played as underdog, even in the earlier match this season.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
The ref standing there taking a telling off from Klopp is hilarious. Send him off.
Mustn't talk back to Klopp. He's football royalty you know. Take your telling off in good grace and try to be better next time.

Trezeguet17

The winner of this game is the marketing for doping.

Diaz needs to be tested immediately

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
While I love sticking the knife in City, or any rivals for that matter, this is not true. You can't win a treble and 3 leagues on the bounce if this is true.
I listed players who had it in their squad. Those players just weren’t available today.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What a game. City very lucky, Liverpool should’ve won.
Doku should've started but then they don't have some of the control Pep craves as he's a bit random with his decision making. Still was scaring Gomez on one on ones.

Liverpool imo simply waste so much in the final third unless it's Salah through on the one on one. Nunez and Diaz badly lack composure and Gakpo at the end just refuses to shoot and tries to tee up Salah who's surrounded by defenders.

That will stop them winning the league if Salah picks up another injury.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Loved the performance outside of the finishing. Van Dijk and Quansah handled Haaland really well. Mac Allister and Endo really good too.

Very good game. Not so sure City will run Arsenal over after that. They struggled a lot.
I was surprised how easier the second half got for us. That Doku post being the only real pant wetting moment. I knew we weren't going to get any VAR calls (when is the last time VAR calls actually went for us?). I was just happy it was eating up time. A draw is phenomenal. The way we're playing, our players returning, our remaining fixtures, I can't see us not winning all our remaining games.

A draw in the City v Arsenal game please. Pretty please. :D

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Absolutely - it's an odd feeling. It's like we play a different sport to these twats.
It's the Glazers, OT is falling down, we need a DoF, we need a $1B to have players run and play with conviction, we have viruses in the team, lastly Football Heritage

They tend to have main character syndrome nowadays

Isn't he more if an eight these days? I suppose they line up like ten Hag had planned with Bruno and Mount with Rodri as a 6 behind to 8s. And the Stones playing that weird Libero style defender.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC

Quansah is quietly turning out to be a very calm and composed defender.
It is good to see academy players getting this type of opportunities.
Elliott was your Man of the match today.

DavidDeSchmikes

Quansah look a good prospect. And Endo has been a solid (cheap) buy

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Weren't prepared at all for how bad we were going to be in that 2nd half.

Ederson is a lunatic. Kovacic came on atleast 30 minutes to late. Doku at least did something offensively but why on earth he gets subbed on I will never know. Thought we were okay in the first half, but gave them too much respect.

Not sure the league is gone, but I can't see how a team that doesn't win games against their rivals can end up on top.

eire-red

I listed players who had it in their squad. Those players just weren’t available today.
Gvardiol has only been at City for a few months. City have ground out many results without him and Dias, like today.

Think their entire defence have more grit and backbone than many give them credit for. Any of their defenders would walk into our defence and be the best defender we have.

AndyMUFC

Better result for City all things considered, you don't see many sides put them under the cosh like Liverpool did in that second half.

Could be a hell of a title race if it goes down to the wire. Shame we're not in it :lol:

LDUred

It felt like a 50-50 collision. Neither player had the ball under control. Not sure why someone would lead with their chest to control a high ball, just seemed like McAllister playing for a pen and Doku being slightly rash. No way that a huge game should be decided on something so debatable.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I was surprised how easier the second half got for us. That Doku post being the only real pant wetting moment. I knew we weren't going to get any VAR calls (when is the last time VAR calls actually went for us?). I was just happy it was eating up time. A draw is phenomenal. The way we're playing, our players returning, our remaining fixtures, I can't see us not winning all our remaining games.

A draw in the City v Arsenal game please. Pretty please. :D
Unlike this one, the onus will be on Pep to go for the win against us. I was a bit surprised to see Pep take DeBruyne off though. That's a little too conservative and DeBruyne looked mightily annoyed. Hopefully a bit of lack of harmony growing there!

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
And yet...he didn't. Studs were pointing down and there was no contact whatsoever with the guy's chest, only with his thigh on the way down. Embarrassing that people would prefer to watch a guy rolling around for 2 mins holding a part of his body that wasn't touched than let a daft decision from a winger in defence go unpunished.

If the ref had given it there's no way VAR would have overturned it and it was fecking stupid from Doku, but no pen was 100% the right decision.
Spot on

MegadrivePerson

The way the two teams are currently playing Arsenal are more likely to run over City.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Better result for City all things considered, you don't see many sides put them under the cosh like Liverpool did in that second half.

Could be a hell of a title race if it goes down to the wire. Shame we're not in it :lol:
I still can’t quite work out how Liverpool managed that. City are normally so so good at keeping the ball and beating the press. Pretty rare that city get a seeing to like that.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yes you do. You also see freekick being given for what Ederson did against Rashford and we didn't get anything.

He kicked the ball and then MacAllister went into him.
Because it was the same team that it happened to that’s why they get away with it twice.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I still can’t quite work out how Liverpool managed that. City are normally so so good at keeping the ball and beating the press. Pretty rare that city get a seeing to like that.
Pretty much every season at Anfield isn't it?