Premier League Gameweek 3

starman

I swear teams are playing less cautious because there's no crowd, some of the defending that has been seen so far this season has been the worst in PL history..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Football has lost the plot. Fitting it happened in 2020.
There's only a tiny handful of defenders who have even the remotest quality these days.

How have City managed to start a game with Ake and Garcia for goodness sake.
And to start without a proper striker by their second league game. Criminal management is how.

PoTMS

Difference between this and last season is that City will be part of the chasing pack for top 4 instead of at the top with Liverpool who will be out on their own.

el3mel

There's only a tiny handful of defenders who have even the remotest quality these days.

How have City managed to start a game with Ake and Garcia for goodness sake.
And to start without a proper striker by their second league game. Criminal management is how.
How did they even sign Ake I don't get it. Pretty weird signing.

kidbob

Difference between this and last season is that City will be part of the chasing pack for top 4 instead of at the top with Liverpool who will be out on their own.
I could see the 2nd place being up for grabs this year too.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Imagine the atmosphere with fans at these games though, the outrage at decisions and the amount of goals flying in

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure it'll be mentioned because he's a bit of a media darling but de Bruyne has been hot garbage in this second half.

predator

Youth NITK
I havent watched a minute of the city game but the scoreline is outrageous.

They are letting the side down. Liverpool will be handed that 20th title.

PoTMS

I could see the 2nd place being up for grabs this year too.
Yeah, sorry that's what I meant. Positions 2-8 are up for grabs. It's anyone's guess who will finish where out of United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Leicester.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Deserved trashing.
The overreactions in here are hilarious. We'll be in the mix till the end. Just Aguero, Jesus, Bernardo, Laporte, Cancelo, Zinchenko and much as I hate him Gundogan to come back.

kidbob

Yeah, sorry that's what I meant. Positions 2-8 are up for grabs. It's anyone's guess who will finish where out of United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Leicester.
Should be a great season in that regard, just hope we can play ourselves into form as soon as possible.

gajender

Liverpool gonna win piss easy again this year.
Too early but they were favourites at the season's start and remain the team to beat now.

Things can change quickly in football that's why the notion that United or other top teams in the league need Pep and Klopp to bugger off to have any chance to win the league is something I find absurd we should be striving to compete for the league every season and if the current personnel and the manager aren't good enough upgrade them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How did they even sign Ake I don't get it. Pretty weird signing.
It's weird logic, take a defender who was a big part of a dreadful defence last season.

Laporte has done well, but their record on centre backs is woeful for the money spent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Too early but they were favourites at the season's start and remain the team to beat now.

Things can change quickly in football that's why the notion that United or other top teams in the league need Pep and Klopp to bugger off to have any chance to win the league is something I find absurd we should be striving to compete for the league every season and if the current personnel and the manager aren't good enough upgrade them.
The notion is absurd, but it's certainly the reality.

We need 2-3 years to pass before Klopp and Liverpool reach the end of their natural cycle.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Puts our result firmly in perspective. :lol:

Rather have a lucky win than a humiliating loss. Well done Leicester

kidbob

Nah Liverpool will be fine because they'll fob off the domestic cups early and the inhalers will see them stay in good nick, after having a decent rest from last season. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Everton battling for 2nd though.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's weird logic, take a defender who was a big part of a dreadful defence last season.

Laporte has done well, but their record on centre backs is woeful for the money spent.
TBF he was the only one who didn't give a pen away:lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nah Liverpool will be fine because they'll fob off the domestic cups early and the inhalers will see them stay in good nick, after having a decent rest from last season. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Everton battling for 2nd though.
I wonder what happened to that guy who said Liverpool's "cycle" has ended doping wise. :)

Caliban

I can see Rodgers coming back to Chelsea at some point (after Lampard has won a few titles and goes to manage England of course).
Leicester seem to be a cozy place to stay. Chelsea et.al seem so very toxic compared. Has to do with pressure of course. Therefore, is it worth it as things stand as it is .. someday maybe