Premier League Gameweek 33+34

edcunited1878

That was heroic defending by Soton. Rather impressed by their effort and commitment. City a bit too off today with their passing, but full credit to Soton.

AshRK

One more draw or loss city will finish the season with less than 80 points. That's a horrible season for them as a defending champions.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
In 17/18 City had the best defensive record in the league, and in 18/19 they conceded 23 goals, only one more than Liverpool.

Maybe they do make more defensive errors with this style of football, but they absolutely dominate games using it too.
They don't dominate because they pass it between their defenders so strictly, they dominate because they have the best squad in the league. Let me see them dominating it without the likes of De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, etc. Even when they lack just one of them they struggle.

Also, you can play similar style of football without insisting on playing it out from the back so much, I don't criticise their style of football in general, just insisting that they play out from the back all the time, it's just Pep's stubbornes that cost him so many times.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Let this be a lesson to Caftards to understand that it's not always easy to break down teams who sit deep and compact. Sometimes the caf think we're the only ones who struggle with breaking down big team when that's the case for everyone.

always_hoping

9 league defeats for Man City now, in comparison they only lost 6 games the previous 2 seasons. It also the first time they lost three consecutive away league games since April 2015.

Gerald G

Absolutely; Villa at Anfield today as well suggests that our “easy” run-in is far from easy if we mess around and underestimate our opponents. We certainly can’t give either team something to hold onto like Bournemouth yesterday.
Agreed. That's why I want us to go with our strongest team unless we literally can't

TrustInOle

What is City's run in like? This could get interesting, feel we can get closer to them come end of season. Everyone looks of their game except for United.

Expecting a strong run with the confidence flowing through our squad. 3rd with Fa Cup and Europa will do nicely :devil:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We'll need to play well against Southampton for a win. Tough game if they defend like that.
On a plus point. They're safe now. 43 points with 5 games left. Villa have 27,Bournemouth have 27 and Norwich.. well the less said the better.

That win was the bonus 3 points they would never have expected and they don't need to defend like that. If anything Villa will be a tougher game

Wessex Saint

Supports
Southampton
I was really calm about this one. It was a freebie really. But wonder whether it was any good for the neutral (that is if Red Cafe can be called neutral)? I sort of think it shows the PL as it should be. David vs Goliath (sort of), where the little team sneaks one and then back to the walls. Or was it boring?

Superunknown

That Southampton team were hell to play against. They cleared everything and made City look ordinary. I don't think City were at their best and they definitely looked less clinical and sharp than usual. When you take Aguero out of the side, they do look less scary in attack. Huge player for them. They need to find a better long term replacement other than Jesus.

SamVimes

I was really calm about this one. It was a freebie really. But wonder whether it was any good for the neutral (that is if Red Cafe can be called neutral)? I sort of think it shows the PL as it should be. David vs Goliath (sort of), where the little team sneaks one and then back to the walls. Or was it boring?
I enjoyed it, thought it was an interesting game. Fair play to the Southampton players who gave their all.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
The "true champions" apparently. Yeah right. City weren't scoring in a month of Sundays, they look a force where they're comfortable at home because they've smashed a few teams (us included) in a non-event and pad their GD, but away from home teams aren't afraid to sit back and take the game to them anymore, hurry them and the mistakes kick in. If Hassenhuttl set up and played like what Bruce served up last week then City win that.

Robertd0803

Hopefully next season when its between us and City for the league they throw away as many points and lose as many games as this season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
City have lost twice since the restart and the commentators kept saying they looked like the strongest team since football returned, not sure about that. Their squad needs a bit of freshening up.

Stocar

The "true champions" apparently. Yeah right. City weren't scoring in a month of Sundays, they look a force where they're comfortable at home because they've smashed a few teams (us included) in a non-event and pad their GD, but away from home teams aren't afraid to sit back and take the game to them anymore, hurry them and the mistakes kick in. If Hassenhuttl set up and played like what Bruce served up last week then City win that.
Yet they're still standout favorites for the next season. Oddsmakers don't realize that Liverpool's opposition will forever keep missing easy chances, and Liverpool will continue getting every possible scrappy win.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm the same... But then I thought the was no way Bournemouth would get beat heavily in consecutive games.

Don't get me started on how many times you're "allowed" to beat one team in a given season... Not looking forward to the Chelsea game.
Oh yeah we're going to lose that, it is what it is. Not a chance we beat them 5 times in a year. Not even me not trying to jinx it... i just think its so so rare that it happens so I doubt it will.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
City have lost more games than us this season now.

croadyman

Know it's absolutely nothing to do with my team but do wonder why Liverpool are the only team who have decided to use goal music in these behind closed doors games.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Fecking scouse cnuts coming to a United forum and shouting billy big bollocks. Shut the feck up you twats and go back to your forums if you want to show how big you are
They can't they've burned them all down from 'celebrating'.

Know it's absolutely nothing to do with my team but do wonder why Liverpool are the only team who have decided to use goal music in these behind closed doors games.
It is easy. It because they are cnut's.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
9 defeats is an awful season for City considering the standards Guardiola has set.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Were not, Southampton played 'Song 2' after their goal today and West Ham played the Beatles after their goals against Chelsea, and couple of other teams too that I can't remember.

croadyman

Were not, Southampton played 'Song 2' after their goal today and West Ham played the Beatles after their goals against Chelsea, and couple of other teams too that I can't remember.
Fair enough, in that case I need to pay more attention to the other teams

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
= Draws are shit.
Injuries ruined us. We’re as good as any team in the league, but we never really had a chance this season. We went into too many games having been forced to surrender our quality advantage that we hold over certain teams due injury.

Most of the first half of the season, we entered games against poorer teams with half of our team no better than theirs (due to injury). The likes of Pereira, McTominay, Lingard and James are of the standard of the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Watford etc - so it is of no surprise that we dropped a lot of points against those teams. We had no real advantage over them at the time. We’re far less likely to drop such points with our current lineup just because the XI is that much better than the opponent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh yeah we're going to lose that, it is what it is. Not a chance we beat them 5 times in a year. Not even me not trying to jinx it... i just think its so so rare that it happens so I doubt it will.

League cup and two in the league. What was the 4th win?