Premier League Gameweek 33+34

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
All I read on here is that we get the rub of the green with VAR, but United have had loads more go their way this season.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Am i the only one who thought that was never a pen. He's jumped into him

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Am i the only one who thought that was never a pen. He's jumped into him
Just had a look on the main match thread majority of United fans don't think it's one either in fairness.

We've played really well here but that's a proper knock the stuffing out of us moment. We need to play like this v Palace though which is the must win.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
you just ignoring him giving that undeserved free kick to villa just outside the penalty box?

You’re on a roll here
What does that have to do with your penalty? Are you also forgetting that laughable penalty he gave you away to Spurs?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
That’s a shocking call. Fernandes stamps out at Konsa. If anything it’s a foul on the Villa defender. A penalty is one of the worst calls I’ve seen all season. Amazed VAR barely even seemed to review it.

Classical Mechanic

That’s a shocking call. Fernandes stamps out at Konsa. If anything it’s a foul on the Villa defender. A penalty is one of the worst calls I’ve seen all season. Amazed VAR barely even seemed to review it.
Not a pen but isn't classed as a clear and obvious error. United fell foul of the same rule against Bournemouth with the Bailly pen.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
All I read on here is that we get the rub of the green with VAR, but United have had loads more go their way this season.
I mean, yeah it was soft as feck, but VAR can't overrule the decision unless there was a clear and obvious error, which there wasn't. There was contact on Bruno, thus the original decision stands.

NinjaFletch

On the other hand if Konsa doesn't dive in there Fernandes beats him and gets a shot away and if he lands either side of his leg he's probably being taken down too.

I'm not convinced it's a penalty, but I can see why it wasn't overturned too. Don't think it would be given by VAR if Moss hadn't.

marktan

Just had a look on the main match thread majority of United fans don't think it's one either in fairness.

We've played really well here but that's a proper knock the stuffing out of us moment. We need to play like this v Palace though which is the must win.
Really could be doing with a point though given you need to make up a minimum of 4 points currently in the last 4 games.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I mean, yeah it was soft as feck, but VAR can't overrule the decision unless there was a clear and obvious error, which there wasn't. There was contact on Bruno, thus the original decision stands.
I think that's the definition of a clear and obvious error.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
On the other hand if Konsa doesn't dive in there Fernandes beats him and gets a shot away and if he lands either side of his leg he's probably being taken down too.

I'm not convinced it's a penalty, but I can see why it wasn't overturned too. Don't think it would be given by VAR if Moss hadn't.
I really hate the way VAR is being manipulated here. You had the Spurs game earlier where Kane was clearly tugged down in the box but ref dosen't give it so of course VAR supports the decision, same for today. Just mates looking out for mates. At the least Moss should be told to waddle over to the touchline and have a look at the latest c**k up he's made on countless replays.

cyberman

So if the referee gives a penalty and he gets it wrong, VAR can't confirm he made an error and change the decision? I thought that was why it's there?
No, if the ref is 100 percent sure he made the right call then then the on pitch call is given.
They cant force the ref to make a call on subject matters.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So if the referee gives a penalty and he gets it wrong, VAR can't confirm he made an error and change the decision? I thought that was why it's there?
It obviously can, but they only seem to do so if they have no other choice. As if it would undermine the on pitch officials authority or some other bollocks.

That clearly should have be overturned but yeah, VAR is incompetent and water is wet

cyberman

Spurs away when that 90th minute penalty was given?
Thats not the ref being overruled, thats VAR telling the ref theres no way thats a pen and he should reverse the decision.
Its then up to the ref to do so. Obviously he knew he fecked up when VAR is laughing at him through his earpiece.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Not a pen but isn't classed as a clear and obvious error. United fell foul of the same rule against Bournemouth with the Bailly pen.
Well that’s the issue, it was a clear and obvious error, as clear and obvious as I can remember. That’s what VAR is for, spotting those actions that in real time are very difficult. No problems with Moss giving it but the replay is unambiguous about who initiates contact.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Not clear and obvious my arse never a pen. 0 contact from the defender if its a foul its from fernandes

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thats not the ref being overruled, thats VAR telling the ref theres no way thats a pen and he should reverse the decision.
Its then up to the ref to do so. Obviously he knew he fecked up when VAR is laughing at him through his earpiece.
Do you think Moss should at least be told it's a debatable decision and advised to go and look at the monitor as is the norm in Germany, Italy and Spain?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
No, if the ref is 100 percent sure he made the right call then then the on pitch call is given.
They cant force the ref to make a call on subject matters.
It obviously can, but they only seem to do so if they have no other choice. As if it would undermine the on pitch officials authority or some other bollocks.

That clearly should have be overturned but yeah, VAR is incompetent and water is wet
This is where it's a bit daft. It'll be used to extreme lengths to decide an offside based on inches, but won't over rule what to me is a blatantly incorrect decision on a penalty.

They should remove the Stockley Park element of it and let the referee check the screen on things like penalties and red cards. If he gives it and he's not 100% he can check the screen to confirm he's happy with his decision.

Classical Mechanic

Well that’s the issue, it was a clear and obvious error, as clear and obvious as I can remember. That’s what VAR is for, spotting those actions that in real time are very difficult. No problems with Moss giving it but the replay is unambiguous about who initiates contact.
I didn’t hear a single pundit that thought Bailly’s was handball either. The bar for overturning has been really high. There’s consistency there at least.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This is where it's a bit daft. It'll be used to extreme lengths to decide an offside based on inches, but won't over rule what to me is a blatantly incorrect decision on a penalty.

They should remove the Stockley Park element of it and let the referee check the screen on things like penalties and red cards. If he gives it and he's not 100% he can check the screen to confirm he's happy with his decision.
At least common sense (applause).

Thought Klopper and all the Liverpool fans on here had been banned by now. :lol:

cyberman

Do you think Moss should at least be told it's a debatable decision and advised to go and look at the monitor as is the norm in Germany, Italy and Spain?
Not if Moss said hes 100 percent sure he saw it. He had the perfect view from a few yards away.
If VAR says are you sure its a pen and he says its a stone walller then thats it really. Nothing VAR can do.
Maybe VAR ref thinks its a pen as well?