Premier League Gameweek 34-35

padr81

Supports
Man City
Brighton have gifted us two of the goals with comedy defending.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Quick last minute huff of the inhaler from Grealish before he comes on…

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why do city keep getting all these decisions?! An absolute joke. They’d give that against us. Paying the refs now

DJ_21

They need to ask themselves if the ref would have give that would they have overturned it? If the answer is No then it’s a pen! Simple

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why do city keep getting all these decisions?! An absolute joke. They’d give that against us. Paying the refs now
They analysed every frame of the derby, pulling back a random set piece 2 minutes later to punish Hojlund for feck all. Yet apparently var here is powerless to intervene…

2 man midfield

They need to ask themselves if the ref would have give that would they have overturned it? If the answer is No then it’s a pen! Simple
It’s such a pointless technicality: we have to agree with the original on field decision. Why? It literally defeats the entire fecking object it was intended for.

didz

Yup. The corruption is so blatant. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out that they’ve been paying referees like Barcelona.
I'm not sure if this is a joke, but I'll say it anyway. Their owners literally are paying referees. This is a known fact.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think it's a pen because of the little jump that Gvardiol makes into the legs. Don't think it's a pen if he doesn't do that. Don't like it when players get a pen for jumping in front of defenders and going down but this was more than that.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think it's a pen because of the little jump that Gvardiol makes into the legs. Don't think it's a pen if he doesn't do that. Don't like it when players get a pen for jumping in front of defenders and going down but this was more than that.
Clear trip on his legs. For me thats a pen. This place is a bit crazy with the 2-3 pens but that one is stonewall. Clearly runs into him from the wrong side and takes his footing. Stonewall.

2 man midfield

I'm not sure if this is a joke, but I'll say it anyway. Their owners literally are paying referees. This is a known fact.
It has to come out one day. Doping, backhanders…there’s some shady shit going on other than all the shit we do know about.

DJ_21

It’s such a pointless technicality: we have to agree with the original on field decision. Why? It literally defeats the entire fecking object it was intended for.
There’s just no competing against a bunch of cheats.

DJ_21

City get away with everything.
Foden’s freekick which wasn’t even a foul, Brighton denied a penalty, and now Walker allowed to tackle into the keeper’s hands to score
They need to add an extra charge. Should be 116. Bribing referees!

RedStarUnited

This whole not overruling the ref thing is ridiculous for something brought to fix refs mistakes. Now you just have mates judging their mates work.

RedRocket9908

Its ridiculous what City players get away with, I remember John Stones dragging Rasmus Hojlund back when he was through one on one with the keeper and nothing was given.

Okey

VAR is close to pointless right now, at least in England. Just have goal line and offside technology and bin the rest. If this is how they use it.

JBG

It's stuff like this that makes me believe that the 115 charges will just end up with a fine and a slap on the wrist for this corrupted and cheating club...

Despise them, the owners and that bald twat.

Jezpeza

VAR continues to baffle me. Why can they disallow goals due to fouls and offsides in the build up but not one scored from a free kick that wasnt a free kick?

DJ_21

City are so boring! Cant stand them and there 1 thousand passes

BorisManUtd

City's remaining games: Forest (A), Wolves (H), Fulham (A), Spurs (A), West Ham (H).

Spurs away looks the toughest one. And Spurs may still be in 4th place race (though they could drop lots of points over next few games) then. So could help their biggest rivals to win the title :lol:

2 man midfield

VAR continues to baffle me. Why can they disallow goals due to fouls and offsides in the build up but not one scored from a free kick that wasnt a free kick?
They can rule goals out due to the tiniest of pixels, but won’t look at obvious shit. I get they don’t want to re-ref the game in its entirety, but there’s got to be a way that’s better than this

always_hoping

City get away with everything.
Foden’s freekick which wasn’t even a foul, Brighton denied a penalty, and now Walker allowed to tackle into the keeper’s hands to score
Are the Premier league afraid of using the actual rules of the game when Man City are in action?

Jezpeza

They can rule goals out due to the tiniest of pixels, but won’t look at obvious shit. I get they don’t want to re-ref the game in its entirety, but there’s got to be a way that’s better than this
They used to say ‘the big teams get all the decisions’. Well the big teams get all the VAR decisions now instead. They still get tonnes wrong with VAR as well - it just needs to be binned off into room 101. Why cant VAR say to the ref ‘no one touched Foden and you’ve awarded them a free kick in a goalscoring position for a slip’

Withnail

It's completely arbitrary what they will and won't over-rule. Getting to the correct decision is not in their rationale.