Premier League Gameweek 4

Yik

Klopps managed to rebuild Liverpool. They have a feel of a new team now and wouldn't be surprised if they won the league this season. Other than depth in defence they look very strong and balanced everywhere. Scariest thing is the number of goals in this Liverpool side imo. Nunez looks like he'll have >20 goal season and if Salah gets back to full form I can see them hitting 3/4 goals pretty much every other match. Jota and Gakpo as backup too ! As a United fan its gonna be a loooong season

Guy Incognito

Spurs/Liverpool game in a few weeks time will be tasty. Might be indication of who will challenge City this year.

Hoof the ball

Klopps managed to rebuild Liverpool. They have a feel of a new team now and wouldn't be surprised if they won the league this season. Other than depth in defence they look very strong and balanced everywhere. Scariest thing is the number of goals in this Liverpool side imo. Nunez looks like he'll have >20 goal season and if Salah gets back to full form I can see them hitting 3/4 goals pretty much every other match. Jota and Gakpo as backup too ! As a United fan its gonna be a loooong season
The man hit 30 goals last season, same as Rashford, but with more assists. He was firing in a shite Liverpool team.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Klopp's always pro-active. Its always about what his side can do to the opposition rather than what the opposition does to his side.
Sometimes they come unstuck but they will largely get the result they want.

erikcred

Once you're done changing your wet trousers go look up their defence. Their best defender is almost always injured and the rest can't be arsed defending against a team that actually attacks. They have enough firepower to finish top 4, but winning the league? Rubbish.

SAFMUTD

Why doesn't Emery change his tactics when playing against teams with pacy forwards?

He doesn't have either the defenders or the midfielders to always play like this.
Trying to build their identify as a team. Always play the same way no matter who the opponent is will give players confidence and belief in the system. Of course they'll get trashed in some games but thinking on the long term is the right thing to do.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why in the name of God would you ever pick Ayew of all people to rest your hopes upon? :lol:

What's the logic there, chief?
Who’s els would I pick :lol: There all as bad as each other but the name of the game is to pick a goalscorer in that game. Also I’d of had it up if he scored that open net.

Yik

Of course he'd sky it

The man hit 30 goals last season, same as Rashford, but with more assists. He was firing in a shite Liverpool team.
Yeah thats true statistically but I did feel he was off the pace in some of their bigger matches. I feel like he's at the stage of his career where like Cristiano he's more ruthless than being the Salah that dribbles past people.

Drizzle

Their ability to generate multiple goals, regardless of game-state, is going to take them past 80 points with ease. Just hoping for a couple of big injuries, as their squad depth isn't that good.

Idxomer

Trying to build their identify as a team. Always play the same way no matter who the opponent is will give players confidence and belief in the system. Of course they'll get trashed in some games but thinking on the long term is the right thing to do.
Maybe but if they get a lot of hammerings, their confidence will disappear.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I am worried about Liverpool now. They look good. Ffs!
Paper thin squad though. They’re a couple of injuries in defence from being in trouble and I’m not convinced of the quality of their midfield

Winrar

Looks like another year of rooting for City to stop Liverpool from winning the title.

Yik

Once you're done changing your wet trousers go look up their defence. Their best defender is almost always injured and the rest can't be arsed defending against a team that actually attacks. They have enough firepower to finish top 4, but winning the league? Rubbish.
Hahaha I was being slightly tongue in cheek ;-)

Villa have just come here to get tonked, not pressing much if at all and yeah I highly doubt Curtis Jones and Endo are gonna be the stalwart DMs that Fabinho was for them.

But honestly they do have tons of goals in em. Almost on par with City I'd say especially with de Bruyne out. Both with Klopp and with Brendan Rodgers Liverpool have had season where they've shipped tons of goals but done alright simply by virtue of outscoring. I can see lots of 4-2 type shorelines for them.

marktan

They still don't have the depth of City. Midfield injury to Mcalister/Szbobslai and they're back to square one. Attack they do for once have depth, they should use it in and rotate Salah. The last two times they came a point behind City the front 3 started pretty much every game on the weekends and midweek and that was their downfall.

Edit I forgot they signed Gravenerch too, no idea if he's any good though. Tbf to them their recruitment team is pretty good when the owners actually decide to spend.

I feel like the way Liverpool are playing is kind of how ETH wants us to play
We don't have the quality. Salah, Diaz and Jota are all better than our attackers bar Rashford, and Mcalister and Szobzlai are a country mile ahead of Mount

Zed is not dead

Liverpool’s greatest strength is that they’re highly clinical.
Today they even managed to register 1 shot on target but scored 2 goals.

Yik

Its like watching a team of 10 early season Casemiros! Disgraceful this from Villa

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Klopp has always played this style of rock'n'roll football though, even when he had players of lessor quality.

Yik

They still don't have the depth of City. Midfield injury to Mcalister/Szbobslai and they're back to square one. Attack they do for once have depth, they should use it in and rotate Salah. The last two times they came a point behind City the front 3 started pretty much every game on the weekends and midweek and that was their downfall.

Edit I forgot they signed Gravenerch too, no idea if he's any good though. Tbf to them their recruitment team is pretty good when the owners actually decide to spend.

We don't have the quality. Salah, Diaz and Jota are all better than our attackers bar Rashford, and Mcalister and Szobzlai are a country mile ahead of Mount
I'm sure the newly diagnosed asthma sufferers Macallister and Zscobozlai will remain hearthy and hale throughout the season !

always_hoping

Just seen this in the match preview.

Unai Emery has won one of his nine meetings with Liverpool. That came in his first encounter, in 2016, when his Sevilla team won the Europa League Final in Basel 3-1. In that time his teams have conceded 24 times

Drizzle

For what it's worth, it was widely reported that Mount was Liverpool's first choice, but they were told Mount only wanted United.

Yik

Just seen this in the match preview.

Unai Emery has won one of his nine meetings with Liverpool. That came in his first encounter, in 2016, when his Sevilla team won the Europa League Final in Basel 3-1. In that time his teams have conceded 24 times
I can't get what their gameplan is. They're not pressing high but not exactly sitting back deep either!

TopDog

Supports
Bolton
The rub of the green and the bounce of the ball has returned for Liverpool, but they look extremely vulnarable at the back, Villa have been poor, but even they should have scored at least twice. No chance this Liverpool side challenge for the league, absolutely no way. They will get top 4 though, but will need luck with injuries as they lack any depth (other than up front).

Yik

For what it's worth, it was widely reported that Mount was Liverpool's first choice, but they were told Mount only wanted United.
Interesting that. Think they got Macallister fairly early so you'd think its Szoboszlai that they bought instead of Mount.