Premier League Gameweek 9

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very interesting team selection from Everton.

Tom Davies starting, Richarlison also playing as false 9.

Give Marco Silva has been banging on about this being must win ever since their last game, he must know he's out if they lose today. Think Koeman was sacked around this time two years ago.

Needham

West Ham win = first PL managerial casualty of the season.

Edit. I mean first casualty that people would be remotely interested in.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Unsurprising that Gylfi has been benched. He's been in poor form for club and country for a while now. Iwobi in his stead with Walcott on the right...not sure if that's better. Thought Yarmolenko played well for Ukraine over the international break and maybe that should have translated over to a start. Maybe Silva wants to play "fresher" players?

VanGaalyTime

The quality of these teams highlights how much United have fallen. Two mid table teams passing at speed and controlling the ball superbly. United look a huge distance behind West Ham and Everton on current form.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The quality of these teams highlights how much United have fallen. Two mid table teams passing at speed and controlling the ball superbly. United look a huge distance behind West Ham and Everton on current form.
Our passing has been absolutely terrible for a few years

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Digne just ruined two promising attacks, he’s overrated as feck on here. Better than Shaw my ass.
He gets on the pitch regularly. That automatically puts him a notch up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
West Ham been terrible here, what a strange side they are.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They will give anybody a game at home. Away is probably why they won't come to much.
They didn't really give us a game though. That was the scariest part of it. They sort of won because we clearly didn't even want to try and compete. It's one of the most feeble United performances I've ever seen, and I've seen plenty in the last 6 years.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They didn't really give us a game though. That was the scariest part of it. They sort of won because we clearly didn't even want to try and compete. It's one of the most feeble United performances I've ever seen, and I've seen plenty in the last 6 years.
Then that says something about the character and drive of the players and Ole really shouldn't be happy with it.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Then that says something about the character and drive of the players and Ole really shouldn't be happy with it.
It most certainly does yes.

Also, what is this pressing witchcraft that the Everton players are doing?

Closing the opposition down in their own half and denying them time on the ball. How is this miracle achieved?

DomesticTadpole

It most certainly does yes.

Also, what is this pressing witchcraft that the Everton players are doing?

Closing the opposition down in their own half and denying them time on the ball. How is this miracle achieved?
Coaching and wanting to put the effort in.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
We were comfortably beaten by this horribly average west ham side.

It's a disgrace really
They look horribly average this game but on paper their midfield/attack is better than ours. They even have more depth. It's a team that could beat anyone on their day but they often struggle to put many good games together.

DomesticTadpole

They look horribly average this game but on paper their midfield/attack is better than ours. They even have more depth. It's a team that could beat anyone on their day but they often struggle to put many good games together.
They are inconsistent while we are woefully consistent.