Premier League Matchday 2 August 19-21

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Some promising games today, especially the early and late kick-offs. Didn't know the Britannia had changed names either until now.

Last edited:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Time to sit back, relax with 3 points in the bag and hopefully watch Stoke, Burnley, Watford and Leicester wins. Not too much to ask.

Truedevil

Stoke to cause an upset. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal will all win imo.

kps88

Away trip to Bucharest followed by an early Saturday kick off away to Stoke? I like the sound of that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope Stoke and Leicester do a madness. Palace and Burnley don't have a prayer.

Adisa

Think it will be easy for City.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
City are constantly lucky with injuries, Sunderland had 4-5 players missing when they faced them as well, with Seb Larsson the most prominent.

And now Stokes most dangerous player.

madRedDevil07

Arnautovic was Stoke's most consistent and inspiring player last season, not shaqiri. Although shaqiri was the stood out player last season against city, i think stoke's line up today is very decent one and they won't miss him much.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
So, City have been playing 4-3-3 with Silva and De Bruyne as free-roaming #8 and then, comes this away game, and everybody puts it a 4-2-3-1? What's the deal here? That's not how it works… :nono:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
@RobinLFC is in Belgium, kick off times for those of us in the UK will all be an hour previous for anyone not sure.

madRedDevil07

I think it's more like 4-1-4-1 formation which is risky against stoke at bet365. Is it windy there today? Last year i remember we had an early kick off and it was very very windy.

Adisa

Arnautovic was Stoke's most consistent and inspiring player last season, not shaqiri. Although shaqiri was the stood out player last season against city, i think stoke's line up today is very decent one and they won't miss him much.
It's their midfield I am worried about. I fear they will collapse under pressure.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Do Arsenal have their defence back for tonight's match?

madRedDevil07

It's their midfield I am worried about. I fear they will collapse under pressure.
I think it's more like 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation for stoke . Allen was impressive at Euros and whelan does a very decent job whenever i see him in big matches. I have not seen much of imbula so can't comment on him. They have the numeric advantage in the midfield and decent enough midfielders who will win the ball in the midfield. I think they are going to win the central midfield battle but how well their defence is going to cope with Kun and KDB (#10) will decide the match IMO.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
City are constantly lucky with injuries, Sunderland had 4-5 players missing when they faced them as well, with Seb Larsson the most prominent.

And now Stokes most dangerous player.
Is this a wind-up? City suffered the most injuries last season. We're currently missing Gundogan, Sane, Kompany and Sagna. Otamendi was out for Sunderland as well. That's five potential first team players who missed our opening game and four for today's.

RooneyLegend

This isn't the stoke of the past, this one is a soft ball playing side. I'm expecting City to roast them.

SwansonsTache

Is this a wind-up? City suffered the most injuries last season. We're currently missing Gundogan, Sane, Kompany and Sagna. Otamendi was out for Sunderland as well. That's five potential first team players who missed our opening game and four for today's.
Meant in regards to your opponents. Your own injury woes pretty much nulls it though.

ThanksBoss26

Stoke usually start the season quite slowly. Might not be a bad time for City to go there. I think they'll win today unfortunately.

SwansonsTache

I always get a craving for fast-food when I see those Stoke flags, reminds me of the paper you get in the baskets with your food.

NK86

I just realized that the former Arsenal captain is on Guardiola's staff. When did that happen?

NK86

It's like buying a three-legged pup and crying when it limps.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was an idiotic tackle from Bardsley. Close to being a red if the City player didn't pull out

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I think we'll see a vastly improved Sterling this season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shay Given can't hoof the ball to save his life.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
That was an idiotic tackle from Bardsley. Close to being a red if the City player didn't pull out
If Silva would've gone for the ball there he would only have one leg left by now. Insane challenge by Bardsley.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Whats with the random players bleaching their hair? Messi, Ramsey, Jones, Arnautovic, whatever Fellaini did, quite a few others too. So weird and looks terrible

Adisa

City will smash possession and passing records this season. Thought they will win the league this season but I'm even more convinced of it.
Augers is always dangerous and a lot of teams midfield will collapse under the sheer amount of pressure from City's possession.
Hope I'm wrong and teams have more bottle.