Premier League May 3-5

Lance Uppercut

I expect City to score a bucket load in their last two games so I don't see it happening for Liverpool.

RonaldoVII

For Liverpool to win the league on goal difference they need to score at least another 8 goals in this and against Newcastle. That's City winning their next 2 home games by 1 goal each, which itself is unlikely. Chances of Liverpool winning the league on goal difference are very remote unless they can get another 3 minimum now, then it's still very unlikely.

Raw

So am I the only one here who'd rather the scouse won it than City?

Mostly for the good of football. Yeah Liverpool have some annoying fans, but these days City have a lot too; they've reeled in thousands of glory hunters and the arrogance at Bluemoon at times irritates me more than the oddball poetry at RAWK.

AFAIC, City are a bitter bunch with noxious, arrogant fans. Liverpool are at least a 'real' football club, in that they have pedigree, history, and if they won the league they'd have at least fought for it fair and square, rather than just bought it.

For me Liverpool > City. Not popular in here I know, but I hope City bottle it.
I do get your reasoning, and I do respect Liverpool for what they've done.

But I just can't accept them winning the title. It's too sickening to think about. They'll be just one title away from our 20 titles :(

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Credit to Rodgers for his usage of Sterling. Most managers (especially British managers) would basically tell him to 'get chalk on his boots'
He'd have had his ability to play passing stuff drummed out of him by now. And would probably look like the 'new Aaron Lennon'

Basically defend deep; keep Sturridge and Suarez very high up the pitch to create a huge area of space; drop Sterling into his own side of the centre circle, win it and get him to carry the ball down field at pace. Such as simple tactic, but it's so hard to play against.

Bader

Man city have 2 games to outscore Liverpool. Liverpool only have one more. It is 9 GD now. Liverpool have to score 8 goals plus whatever Man city will score in the next two games.

p.s Why in the hell does Skittles get away with murder every game? Do the referees not look back at games?

Winrar

Mostly for the good of football. Yeah Liverpool have some annoying fans, but these days City have a lot too; they've reeled in thousands of glory hunters and the arrogance at Bluemoon at times irritates me more than the oddball poetry at RAWK.

AFAIC, City are a bitter bunch with noxious, arrogant fans. Liverpool are at least a 'real' football club, in that they have pedigree, history, and if they won the league they'd have at least fought for it fair and square, rather than just bought it.

For me Liverpool > City. Not popular in here I know, but I hope City bottle it, lose some of their mercenaries to the likes of Real Madrid, then go on the slide back to mediocrity.
Imagine the media plastering over pictures of Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez with the trophy all over the front pages, Imagine all next season the words Liverpool and Champions being mentioned in the same sentence. Not to mention the gloating of Liverpool supporters in this forum. It'll be unbearable.

City has already won it so it's not as big of a deal as if Liverpool wins it. It's an understandable perspective from the neutrals but seeing a Manchester United fan wanting Liverpool to win the league is simply baffling to me. (no disrespect)

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I do get your reasoning, and I do respect Liverpool for what they've done.

But I just can't accept them winning the title. It's too sickening to think about. They'll be just one title away from our 20 titles :(
Yeah I think the attitude of United fans shows just how alive our rivalry with them really is; people don't like to take City seriously because they're just a mediocre club that won the proverbial lottery. The scars of Liverpool's 80s dominance run deep I guess.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
With all the times they've gone on about us being undeserving league winners I'd be very happy for City to win it ahead of them. Who gives a shit if they've played better football? They're Liverpool for fuck's sake.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
Yeah I think the attitude of United fans shows just how alive our rivalry with them really is; people don't like to take City seriously because they're just a mediocre club that won the proverbial lottery. The scars of Liverpool's 80s dominance run deep I guess.
Not to mention that if Liverpool win this title it solidifies them as year in year out contenders in my opinion. They would probably hold on to all their players and build, as well as looking more attractive to the great players out there.. If they don't win this title it would be a major setback.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Imagine the media plastering over pictures of Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez with the trophy, and all next season the words Liverpool and Champions being mentioned in the same sentence. Not to mention the gloating of Liverpool supporters in this forum. It'll be unbearable.

City has already won it so it's not as big of a deal as if Liverpool
Oh don't get me wrong, it would be painful as hell; especially seeing Suarez lift the trophy. I don't mind Gerrard so much, he's more of a figurehead for all that represents Liverpool which is why he's so unpopular for us.

I think seeing City win it once was bad enough, I'm old enough to remember Liverpool winning it last time so I'm not that bothered by it. Actually much less bothered than seeing a team of mercenaries win it in front of their jubilant plastic fans.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"

For me Liverpool > City. Not popular in here I know, but I hope City bottle it, lose some of their mercenaries to the likes of Real Madrid, then go on the slide back to mediocrity.
Probably.

You are raising lots of valid points, but for me it's the 70s-80s. Scarred for life, as in wanting Liverpool to never win anything again.

Have to agree though that for the neutral there is no contest here. Liverpool as a football club would be a more deserved title winner. Not bothered about total league wins records....

1:3!!! it's on!!!

Raw

And there isn't a lot of people I despise at City. Actually I don't think I despise anyone at that club. They do have some likeable players, and I do have friends who are City fans. I guess that's why I don't particularly mind if City won it (although I'd much rather Chelsea won it but they ruined their chances in spectacular style).

Seeing Suarez and Gerrard lift the trophy would be too much for me to handle. Just UGH.

ITS ON!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I remember we tried something similar in our second last game against Swansea when we were chasing City on GD.

We scored a couple of quickfire goals and the players were running back to try for more but it sort of petered out eventually. You cannot turn up one day and just 'decide' that you will score 10 goals.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Oh don't get me wrong, it would be painful as hell; especially seeing Suarez lift the trophy. I don't mind Gerrard so much, he's more of a figurehead for all that represents Liverpool which is why he's so unpopular for us.

I think seeing City win it once was bad enough, I'm old enough to remember Liverpool winning it last time so I'm not that bothered by it. Actually much less bothered than seeing a team of mercenaries win it in front of their jubilant plastic fans.
You're sick in the head