Premier League to scrap PPV matches from next week

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I don't see the problem with them tbh.

Other than actually going to the game(which obviously isn't possible right now) these are games that would otherwise be unavailable to watch, legally. A match ticket would cost £50-£60 on average along with other expenses so £15 to watch a game doesn't seem terribly unreasonable. People think that because they pay for Sky/BT already then they should be entitled to see these games as well but in normal circumstances they wouldn't get them so why should they now? It's not like with video game developers intentionally releasing incomplete games just so they can charge for "extra" content a month down the line. Boxing/Wrestling events cost similar.

I haven't bought any of them, nor will I but I don't see it as the crime of the century either. From a business standpoint they probably would have been better off charging £5 a game but that's just me speculating.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't see the problem with them tbh.

Other than actually going to the game(which obviously isn't possible right now) these are games that would otherwise be unavailable to watch, legally. A match ticket would cost £50-£60 on average along with other expenses so £15 to watch a game doesn't seem terribly unreasonable. People think that because they pay for Sky/BT already then they should be entitled to see these games as well but in normal circumstances they wouldn't get them so why should they now? It's not like with video game developers intentionally releasing incomplete games just so they can charge for "extra" content a month down the line. Boxing/Wrestling events cost similar.

I haven't bought any of them, nor will I but I don't see it as the crime of the century either. From a business standpoint they probably would have been better off charging £5 a game but that's just me speculating.
Their massive mistake was giving the games free into existing packages for 4-5months and THEN deciding to try and PPV them. Not to mention at an absolutely mad price.

You're out of your mind if you think £15 for one game on tv is in any way not "unreasonable" when Sky and BT sports packages (featuring 8-20 games a month) at absolute most are only 25-34 if you duck in for 1 month - obviously much cheaper with deals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
2.99 would be my price point.
They clearly looked at championship, L1 & L2 charging £10 on ifollow per game. Ignoring that season ticket holders get their home games free at least, and ignoring that those clubs can only see their games there.
With 100s of other places to watch prem games, only a madman with too much cash would be shelling £15 in regularly per game.

Diabhal

I would love a similar service to NFL Game Pass, in the USA its $60 a year and you get to watch over 250+ games, the playoffs and Super Bowl. They have different plans, cheaper but you get access to less games.

Give global access, different prices for different regions, just imagine 100 million fans paying on average 10$ a month. That is $1B revenue...monthly. Obviously thats a best case scenario, but the potential is there.

Premier league should work with Sky/BT for a similar service, but Sky as a company are so backwards thinking.

neilv93

Imagine being a WBA fan and paying £50 over the past month to watch them struggle to have shots on target... terrible idea from PL, glad it's been sacked off.