Premier league transfer deadline - Might move back to old system.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Impact of Brexit - PL clubs can't sign 16 year old players as they are considered as international transfers, even Scottish and Welsh players are international transfers.

PL wants relaxed work permit rules, FA wants HG quota to increase from 8 to 12 in the 25 member playing squad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
So signings like Mejbri and Pogba are no longer possible?

Kostur

海尔的老板
So it took them over a year to figure that shutting down the window when the season starts without the rest of the leagues following the suit doesn't make fecking sense? Congratulations guys.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bad news for us, Woodward will now restore to overpaying for players weeks after the season has started.

roonster09

Scout
So signings like Mejbri and Pogba are no longer possible?
No, going by the article even signing players like George Best, Darren Fletcher is also not possible.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That Scottish and Welsh thing can’t be right surely. Your passport says United Kingdom.

roonster09

Scout
That Scottish and Welsh thing can’t be right surely. Your passport says United Kingdom.
They represent as separate nations under FIFA isn't it, so maybe true.

roonster09

Scout
Regardless, a 16 year old doesn’t have to declare for their country.
I think we will know more about this in the future, apparently all the rules will be in place by the start of 2021 season.

stu_1992

It certainly should move back to the old system unless all leagues decide to close their window early and at the same time. In a tournament year like this coming summer it makes even less sense. I get what they were trying to do with the settled squads before the season starts, which is not bad in theory. But it needed buy-in from all leagues. Hopefully common sense prevails.

roonster09

Scout
It certainly should move back to the old system unless all leagues decide to close their window early and at the same time. In a tournament year like this coming summer it makes even less sense. I get what they were trying to do with the settled squads before the season starts, which is not bad in theory. But it needed buy-in from all leagues. Hopefully common sense prevails.
Problem with this is, all leagues don't start at the same time.

Alexit

So it took them over a year to figure that shutting down the window when the season starts without the rest of the leagues following the suit doesn't make fecking sense? Congratulations guys.
Yeah, how's that for innovation! :lol:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
It's a shame cos I like the window closing before the season starts, but it only works if other leagues do the same.

At least we'll now have more time to 'prepare' our bids.

Ole and Phelan will go scouting Sancho in Dortmund's first league game next season.

roonster09

Scout
The top five leagues should agree to close the transfer window on July 31st.
I don't see problem with how it is, just end it by Sept 1st.

If games during transfer window is a problem then surely they should scrap Jan window too?

Edit: I don't mind transfer window closing by July 31st if all leagues agree to this.

Siorac

I don't see problem with how it is, just end it by Sept 1st.

If games during transfer window is a problem then surely they should scrap Jan window too?
I wouldn't mind scrapping the January window. The transfer sagas were fun a few years back but as I'm becoming a cantankerous old man, I'd prefer as little of the accompanying nonsense as possible.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
No no the Premier league made their decision and they should stick by it!

It's the will of the Premier league!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only sensible decision.

And it buys our lot a bit more time in the more awkward "tournament" summer :)

Just prolongs the tedium though, extra weeks of every fan thinking, hang on, we're surely not going into the season this weak in quality and numbers!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Only sensible decision.

And it buys our lot a bit more time in the more awkward "tournament" summer :)

Just prolongs the tedium though, extra weeks of every fan thinking, hang on, we're surely not going into the season this weak in quality and numbers!
Serious question, is this a real thing that affects the ability of clubs to conduct transfers? Because I've only ever seen our fans talk about it. There's a major international tournament almost every summer anyway, so you'd think most clubs wouldn't have major issues working around it.

ariveded

Such moves only favor big rich clubs like City. They can do panic buys if they struggle at start of season.

not sure why other mid table and lower sides agreed to it...

Nick7

Such moves only favor big rich clubs like City. They can do panic buys if they struggle at start of season.

not sure why other mid table and lower sides agreed to it...
mid and lower table teams panic buy too.