Press conference - Anderlecht (h)

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Romero, "I think every single team wants to beat Manchester United. We are just focused on implementing our coach's ideas."

Romero on conceding to Standard Liege keeper, "It was an incredible moment that can happen in football. It was really difficult to take."
He conceded to the Standard Liege keeper?!

prath92

Romero, "I think every single team wants to beat Manchester United. We are just focused on implementing our coach's ideas."

Romero on conceding to Standard Liege keeper, "It was an incredible moment that can happen in football. It was really difficult to take."
What's the standard liege thing?

Orni

I guess the media asked him (Romero) about the (only??) time he played against a belgian opponent before Anderlecht

MV12

He's good eh!?

I trust him to do good.. That win on Sunday was massive for both him and the players.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Mourinho on Rooney, "He had not big problems during the season but a few small problems,sometimes at a certain age it's difficult to recover
Umm, yes indeed; Like a certain Zlatan who is the clubs top scorer by a mile. I don't see any future for Wayne at United. He will make a few starts from the bench, will be gone next summer.

Mourinho, "Rashford was always pulling in my direction. Do I think Anthony has great potential? Yes. Do I think he can play for me? Yes."
This is good news. I hope Martial gets his head down and start playing again. Next up, Shaw please!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Umm, yes indeed; Like a certain Zlatan who is the clubs top scorer by a mile. I don't see any future for Wayne at United. He will make a few starts from the bench, will be gone next summer.
It did sound like Wayne is recovering from osteoporosis. To be fair Zlatan is probably one of the most fit 35-year olds ever.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Why don't people just go onto that Chris' guys twitter to read all the tweets at once instead of having one guy having to post 50 tweets

GailSpaceWynand

It did sound like Wayne is recovering from osteoporosis. To be fair Zlatan is probably one of the most fit 35-year olds ever.
It's not a recent thing; I think it's been 4-5 years now since he hasn't been quite up there. I think that knee (was it?) injury did that to him but anyway he didn't help his case either. I don't see Mou having him in the squad as a regular and I don't see Roo being happy being just an option.

Zlat is a beast, but is still 35 which is 4 years older than Wayne so I don't think it will do him good to hear that either way. btw good work, your tagline does do you justice.

GailSpaceWynand

Why don't people just go onto that Chris' guys twitter to read all the tweets at once instead of having one guy having to post 50 tweets
He posts them here as soon (as possible) as the Chris guy posts it on twitter. We'll have to wait for all of Chris's tweets either way.

prtk0811

Pretty damning by Mourinho on Martial - comparing him to Rashford, saying that basically Rashford offers more of "what he likes". Hinting that he does not trust Martial to perform for him.
Wingers need to make off the ball attacking runs in space in posession, Martial is failing to do so, Its not one of his strenghts and as soon as Mourinho came in , i knew there is a mismatch, While rashford is our academy trained player so he nows how to play our way ,and how to play in england.

Martial has to decide what he wants to be a striker or a winger and work hard for it. My personal Though is he would be really deadly as a striker in the box purely on his dribbling and finishing skills as of now. Martial and Pogba are kind of similar , they can do everything as of now but needs to be used right till they can fix the role they play in the team .

GailSpaceWynand

I must have watched a different match. How was that our 2nd team?
Ibra, Mkhi, Martial, Mata are the prominent absentees I think. Also, most wouldn't peg either of Darmian, Young, Fellaini or Lingard as a regular though they have featured heavily; Come to think of it, because of our matches, we don't really have a first team do we? It indicates good depth.

prtk0811

He was saying this about madrid, when asked the question about english teams in ucl , that english teams can not play 2nd team in the league and rest for the ucl.

MadMike

Not a second team but definitely one missing a lot of regulars like Mkhi, Mata, Ibra and Smalling. These 4 have had more minutes on the pitch throughout the season than the people who replaced them.

prtk0811

Ibra, Mkhi, Martial, Mata are the prominent absentees I think. Also, most wouldn't peg either of Darmian, Young, Fellaini or Lingard as as a regular though they have featured heavily; Come to think of it, because of our matches, we don't really have a first team do we? It indicates good depth.
We have no first and second team as of now,

prtk0811

I think we must use herrera to press on Youri tilemans and disrupt his rhythm to play from the back , Kind of tactics sir alex used against madrid in 2013 and klopp used against carrick at old trafford, and then win the ball high up the pitch and score .

Mihai

He posts them here as soon (as possible) as the Chris guy posts it on twitter. We'll have to wait for all of Chris's tweets either way.
Wait, I thought he is the Chris guy from twitter and just copies them here. :houllier:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
For starters some people can't access twitter at work. But I like it that instead of just going on to Winterburn's twitter feed and reading all the tweets, you came here to say that that's what people should do. Wish you a sunny Wednesday evening! :)

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
For starters some people can't access twitter at work. But I like it that instead of just going on to Winterburn's twitter feed and reading all the tweets, you came here to say that that's what people should do. Wish you a sunny Wednesday evening! :)
I did read the tweets and came here to see if people were discussing anything Mourinho said

ravelston

Well was missing so many regular starters that it can't be considered the first team. Simple as that.
DDG - Regular keeper
Rojo & Bailly - CBs with the most minutes this season
Valencia & Darmian - FBs with the most appearances this season
Pogba, Herrera & Fellaini - Midfielders with the most appearances this season

With Mata out of the picture, support for Rashford would have to be either Mkhitaryan or Lingard. Lingard has more PL starts and more appearances overall than Mkhitaryan (although Mkhitaryan has logged 4 more PL minutes than Lingard). I'm not sure either could be viewed as a "regular starter", but if you had to choose one it would probably be Lingard.

Young is the only player we have who fits into the hybrid wingback/winger role that was used in this match, so he wasn't pushing anyone out of the team.

The reality is that Ibrahimovic was the only "regular starter" displaced - and if you're looking for a speed/pressing team he wouldn't be anyone's first choice.