Press conference vs Villareal at home

Dante

Average bang

Gary Neville says trophy is essential
"He has always got loads to say!
"The pressure is a privilege. To work in this environment you have to embrace it. I have got to say I have been backed and the progress has worked well.
"The backing I have got seems to me we are sticking to that plan. Expectations have improved with the better signings and performances. I am here to win, Gary knows that.
"We will get there, hopefully around April and May."
Ronaldo the key to winning?
"Of course Cristiano... you can almost say when he starts it is one guaranteed goal. He has that record and he will score goals.
"13 goals in 14 or 15 against Villarreal means he enjoys playing against them. He knows Albiol, Torres, top defenders. He is determined to score every time he is on the pitch."
Recent sticky form
"My focus is always to win the next game, short-term and think long-term about the squad building. My focus now has been on winning this game, getting back on track.
"Then we focus on the league again from Thursday morning. We would have loved to be top of the league, but we are still up there.
"With the squad and coach I have got we can improve and we will get that consistency."
Gary Nevilles questioned style of play
"I have not read that. Of course you are working on your style of play, your patterns. The Aston Villa game we broke up play really well, attacked maybe too fast. Gary knows that. Maybe we did it too fast.
"I don't think I've seen any game with less efficient playing time. It was 44 minutes the ref gave us, but 45 minutes of effective playing time is one of the lowest I've ever seen, normal 55, 60.
"If you slow it down too much it might be a low-block again. We know Villarreal will defend well. We need to play quickly, but Gary knows what DNA is here at the club."
Change of system with Maguire out?
" You always look at the opposition and sometimes you need to make adjustments.
"We look at ourselves mostly. The more injuries you get you might need to do tactical changes.
"I have got Eric, Rapha, Victor. Alex and Diogo 100 per cent fit. Hopefully Luke can be involved."
An important match
"It is a group stage, there are only six games and you need 10 or maybe 12 points to go through.
"We lost three points last time. If you end up with zero or one point after two games you need to win the last four games probably. Not a must win game but an important one."
What do you expect from Villarreal
"You expect what you have learned in the last few seasons.
"We have played eachother five times, every time has been a draw. Very well organised, technically very good. They can play from the back. It is hard to press against them, which I thought we did well in the final.
"Difficult to create chances against and we have to be better to create chances. It was an even final."
Why Solskjaer loves the McFred partnership
"First of all the stats for them two together we have had many good results.
"The way we broke-up play against Villa I think they are very instrumental together. The energy and desire. I really like to have the two of them. I can trust them to give us what they've got.
"Fans will always have opinions, it is easy to say who should be playing."
More on Maguire as changes expected
"It is his calf, that might take a few weeks. Let's see how quickly he recovers.
"He wanted to play against Villarreal, he missed the last game. We will have to make a few changes."
On Shaw and Maguire
"Luke has been in today so I'll give him a chance to be involved tomorrow. He didn't train with the team.
Harry is more or less definitiely out. It doesn't look good.
So apart from that - from the bruised pride from the result - we should be good to go."
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...chester-united-press-conference-live-21696644

Teja

5-3-2 with McFred incoming :wenger:

Seriously though, I think 5-3-2 + Pogba, Fred at CM could be great. Let's go: DDG, Dalot, Varane, Lindelof, Bailly, Telles, Pogba, Fred, Bruno, Ronaldo, Greenwood.

Joseunited

Jaysus we are well and truly fecked with Ole :lol: .He loves Fred,fecking he'll.I hope we beat Villareal but I know it won't be pretty.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Looks like the might McFred partnership will continue. Lord help us!

Mainoldo

Quality control
That is the most ordinary and reasonable set of interview questions you could possibly imagine. Two laughing smilies in response? Amazing. The lengths some of ye will go to score points against him is extraordinary.
I score and get points against him everyday he’s in charge. Watch tomorrow. More points.

Listen to his analysis of the Villa game. You probably didn’t even watch the vids but you want to do you captain save Ole post.

Revaulx

It’s remarkable the way Manchester United consistently turns unbreakable footballers into mere mortals. Maguire the latest in a long list.
Yup. It's been happening for decades. Probably at its worst in Fat Ron's time and SAF's early years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I score and get points against him everyday he’s in charge. Watch tomorrow. More points.

Listen to his analysis of the Villa game. You probably didn’t even watch the vids but you want to do you captain save Ole post.
Why do you bother with United? As I’ve proven before by digging up posts from the 07/08 season - you’re never happy with anything. You literally moan about everything.

Revaulx

That is the most ordinary and reasonable set of interview questions you could possibly imagine. Two laughing smilies in response? Amazing. The lengths some of ye will go to score points against him is extraordinary.
The "DNA of the club" bit is pretty cringe, but I'm struggling to find a lot wrong with the rest of it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Don’t bother biting to him, don’t think he supports United tbh.

Mainoldo

Why do you bother with United? As I’ve proven before by digging up posts from the 07/08 season - you’re never happy with anything. You literally moan about everything.
Thank you. I’m touched! Dig up more post in your free time.

Mainoldo

Don’t bother biting to him, don’t think he supports United tbh.
I think most of you don’t support United in all honesty. Happy with anything. Sometimes i think this is a West Ham forum.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
100% agree. Bottom line - some people just can't wait to see Ole fail, which makes zero sense to me - aren't we all United fans? Why would we want him to fail? Surely if Ole does well that means the team is doing well? I get people have issues with Ole for a variety of reasons, but the extent of the mockery is over the top.

Classical Mechanic

Of course you are working on your style of play, your patterns

you are working on your style of play, your patterns

your style of play, your patterns

patterns of play

He's cooked

Amir

100% agree. Bottom line - some people just can't wait to see Ole fail, which makes zero sense to me - aren't we all United fans? Why would we want him to fail? Surely if Ole does well that means the team is doing well? I get people have issues with Ole for a variety of reasons, but the extent of the mockery is over the top.
We don't WANT to him to fail, but we've realized his got limitations and that those limitations will also limit the team.

The team will sometimes do well and sometimes do badly. It'll never do as well as it can under him because he's got a ceiling.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He should have said Fred only plays because he is from Brazil even though Giggsy’s brother can’t believe it. Scotty only plays because he is from the Academy. And I would love it if Nemanja was 5 years younger.

GlasgowCeltic

:D absolutely threw that patterns of play line in there for the banter, nailed on forums lurker looking to stir up some shite, I respect the approach. Only missing a Valencia mention for Gary's benefit

RUCK4444

There is a fairly large section that get more out of making fun of the club/manager/team than they do from supporting it.

And in my view they are simply not supporting it whatsoever.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Wait he wasn't happy with the 07/08 season? :lol:

Ixion

He’s not destroyed the confidence of our only two able bodied, mentally capable midfielders.
I don't think he has a problem destroying a player's confidence to be honest

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
We don't WANT to him to fail, but we've realized his got limitations and that those limitations will also limit the team.

The team will sometimes do well and sometimes do badly. It'll never do as well as it can under him because he's got a ceiling.
I hear you but I also don't get this argument. We don't know what his ceiling is as he hasn't had a chance to show it yet. I think eh's done well to this point - with the squad he had last year to get 2nd and reach a final. Now he has a better squad and should absolutely be judged more harshly, but the season has just started. I agree that he should be winning something this year or at least come very close. Judge him then, imo. What I don't get are the numpties on here mocking his answers in pressers. Some people are desperate for him to fail and that blows my mind as someone who loves the club.

Amir

I hear you but I also don't get this argument. We don't know what his ceiling is as he hasn't had a chance to show it yet. I think eh's done well to this point - with the squad he had last year to get 2nd and reach a final. Now he has a better squad and should absolutely be judged more harshly, but the season has just started. I agree that he should be winning something this year or at least come very close. Judge him then, imo. What I don't get are the numpties on here mocking his answers in pressers. Some people are desperate for him to fail and that blows my mind as someone who loves the club.
You don't always have to give someone time to fail in order to decide he just doesn't have what it takes to succeed.

People aren't desperate for him to fail. They are desperate for him to GO. He'll fail anyway so might as well do it quick so we don't waste more time and resources.

Siorac

He’s not destroyed the confidence of our only two able bodied, mentally capable midfielders.
You make it sound like Matic or Van de Beek is clinically insane.

Which they might be, of course.

Irwin99

He's not wrong about McFred but ignores the main issue: yes, they're hard workers who will put a great shift in and have been instrumental in some of his biggest wins as a United boss due to the counter attacking style but playing them against teams who sit deep and who don't leave much open to the counter exposes their limitations as midfielders. They suit a defensive set up.