Private Jets.

vanderpants

how does this work? Do they have a pilot on stand by 24hrs a day and do they just park them up at there nearest airport?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't really see why Ronaldo and Messi are understandable while the rest aren't, they are all extremely wealthy.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
how does this work? Do they have a pilot on stand by 24hrs a day and do they just park them up at there nearest airport?
You probably have a pilot on a wage as part of your entourage ready to work at a moments notice. As soon as I win over £100million on the lotto I'll let you know.

vanderpants

You probably have a pilot on a wage as part of your entourage ready to work at a moments notice. As soon as I win over £100million on the lotto I'll let you know.
haha.... i always wonder how the logistics of this work

JPRouve

Scout
If I'm not mistaken, the jets are often managed by companies that provide parking, pilots and mechanics among other things.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sorry I’m in pyjamas but I just got out the PJ

SirAF

Ageist
I don't really see why Ronaldo and Messi are understandable while the rest aren't, they are all extremely wealthy.
Especially Beckham! Hardly a surprise that he's got a private jet.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Would £100m be enough considering all costs involved? I reckon you'd burn through that sharpish.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Would £100m be enough considering all costs involved? I reckon you'd burn through that sharpish.
Oh it would be more than enough I'm sure. Say £10 - 20 million for the jet, a 500k to 1million per year for keeping it in the air and so on. I think I'd be just grand. What with getting maybe 2-3 million every year from interest alone I'd say it's fine.

JPRouve

Scout
Oh it would be more than enough I'm sure. Say £10 - 20 million for the jet, a 500k to 1million per year for keeping it in the air and so on. I think I'd be just grand. What with getting maybe 2-3 million every year from interest alone I'd say it's fine.
And you can loan it too, though you need be careful Afflelou's jet was used to smuggle cocaine in France.

Leonzo1

What is the point of this thread? Yeah elite footballers are very wealthy and they can afford a private jet even if they're not amongst the two best players on the planet.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Pretty much it yeah.

In a previous job I had I was offered a 40% wage increase just for allowing the company to ask me to do overtime at short notice, I still got paid more on top of that for the overtime.

In my current business, I offer customers the ability to have me on call at a moments notice, the premium is big but the option is there.

Based Adnan

Bare in mind for many footballers they can buy a private jet with a years salary. That's the equivalent of an everyday person like me or you buying a £20-100K car.

Teja

I'm still a little surprised tbh, they're wealthy but not private jet levels of wealth. Pogba for instance makes 15M or so a year and his jet costs 25M just to buy - let alone hangar costs, maintenance, fuel, crew wages etc. I guess image rights, sponsorships etc. pull in a lot more than I thought.

It's like someone who's making 40k GBP a year buying a Merc S class.

Messi hires the same jet regularly but it's not his, and a little digging reveals the jet Ronaldo usually flies in is available for public charter. Zlatan's jet is a charter, so is Pogba's. Maybe some players bought their own but that article is mostly nonsense.

Why would they buy them anyway? They can't go anywhere for 11 months of the year.

Based Adnan

I'm still a little surprised tbh, they're wealthy but not private jet levels of wealth. Pogba for instance makes 15M or so a year and his jet costs 25M just to buy - let alone hangar costs, maintenance, fuel, crew wages etc. I guess image rights, sponsorships etc. pull in a lot more than I thought.

It's like someone who's making 40k GBP a year buying a Merc S class.
Yeah Ronaldo earns 31M EUR a year from football but you can guarantee he's bringing in a feckload more.

Edit: Just checked and he brought in 95.7M EUR in 2019.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Why so surprised? Those players at OP make sense..

..except Rooney :drool: I don't get why he have one.
He spends his time between his & kids in England and all the bronze tanned grannies in Marbella.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Was that article written by a bot? Appalling grammar.
It's terrible - I would wonder if it's totally accurate, and if they all actually own those planes or just rent them (which might make more sense, I'm not sure they'd be using them enough to justify the overall cost)

diarm

You'd get better value from buying one with 3 or 4 teammates. It's not like a boat or a gaff where you're going to fall out with each other over who is using it at any given time because a jet can do multiple trips even within a single day.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Do they though? Don't exactly trust that list.

Seems a bit pointless when you're only away from work for a few months a year. I'd imagine there are companies that can provide them at a moment's notice anyway. Unless it's just a status symbol.

flappyjay

Do they though? Don't exactly trust that list.

Seems a bit pointless when you're only away from work for a few months a year. I'd imagine there are companies that can provide them at a moment's notice anyway. Unless it's just a status symbol.
A lease makes sense. I think they use them for instances where they get a day off. A quick flight to France and return as late as possible, it's still not that practical though

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Only idiots would buy jets (unless you're flying 5 times a week) or if you're worth 100's of millions if not billions.