Pro 20 cricket

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So we played out first 20 20 interternational and i must say its a far better format than i thought. It just moves so fast and theres always something happening. Yes, test cricket will always be the ultimate and this new version can never be given all that much importance but it is a whole lotta fun.

I liked how as a television spectacle how modern and innovative it is. Talking to captain via the earpiece, players really rallying around their team in the dugout and actually having a blast. It sort of put some fun back into this tour atleast for the Indian team.

I wouldnt like to see it given any greater status, i think the odd match in between tours is just right. But the biggest use of this has to be in domestic cricket. The SA commentators were going on and on about how its helped them transform their domestic cricket scene. Thats where i think it can be used well. Indian domestic cricket is really poor and like in other countries this would bring in the crowds for that which is where all developement in that area begins. We've probably really been missing a trick in not introducing it. It would help in most aspects of the national team itself, especially fielding.