Progressive Restrictions Draft

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Standard T&C:

S1 - All time snake draft.
S2 - Initial drafting of 13 players.
S3 - 4 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time. Extra 4 hours if PM'd to myself or other players.
S4 - No change in picks after posting.
S5 - No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
S6 - Draw will be decided by Coin Toss
S7 - In match thread, only one of the managers is allowed to post for the duration of the match. The other manager is restricted to 3 posts or less for the duration of match thread. Make your choice and make it clear on match thread on who will lead the discussions. It's not one at at time. It's just one for the match.
S8 - Players should have one full match video available online.

Draft Theme:

First player is free pick. But his country and all teams he's played for are blocked for that manager. When second player is picked his country and all teams played get added to restricted list. And so the restrictions grow more and more as draft progresses.

Modern definition of country based on city of birth.

If a player has played for multiple NTs, than all such NTs are added to restrictions for subsequent picks.

Definition of player for a club is at least one minute in a competitive game for that said club.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
1. Sjor
2. Pat
3. General Elegancia
4. Himannv
5. Harms
6. Gio
7. Lord
8. Chester
9. Maluco
10. SirScholes

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I always feel like I will never have enough time to get involved but I want to give it a go.

I am in if there are still spaces. This seems like a massive challenge, but rules are easy enough for a beginner like myself!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I have no idea what this is or how it's gonna work but I'm intrigued :lol:

Can someone elaborate on how these things work? Thanks.

Šjor Bepo

I always feel like I will never have enough time to get involved but I want to give it a go.

I am in if there are still spaces. This seems like a massive challenge, but rules are easy enough for a beginner like myself!
good decision to enter the toughest draft we had in ages! :D you are in :drool:

Šjor Bepo

I have no idea what this is or how it's gonna work but I'm intrigued :lol:

Can someone elaborate on how these things work? Thanks.
which part?
Build a team via draft(set by rules in the OP), you have a list of managers 1-16 and you go down and then up(deadlines explained in OP as well) for 13 rounds.
After that you set up your team and you play against someone which is pretty much a debate which team would win if they face each other.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
which part?
Build a team via draft(set by rules in the OP), you have a list of managers 1-16 and you go down and then up(deadlines explained in OP as well) for 13 rounds.
After that you set up your team and you play against someone which is pretty much a debate which team would win if they face each other.
Thanks for the explanation .

So do folk vote on the winner of each round?
Also this may sound dumb but What's the manager list you refer to in your post?

Šjor Bepo

Thanks for the explanation .

So do folk vote on the winner of each round?
Also this may sound dumb but What's the manager list you refer to in your post?
1. Sjor
2. Pat
3. General Elegancia
4. Himannv
5. Harms
6. Gio
7. Lord
8. Chester
9. Maluco
10. SirScholes
So if this was the full list(for the draft its gonna be randomized) id have a first pick, after my pick or if deadline past Pat would go and so on, once everyone picks 13 players its finished and we move to games.

Its a knockout system from the start, you can open old games to see how it works
https://www.redcafe.net/forums/draft-games-forum.79/

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
First player is free pick. But his country and all teams he's played for are blocked for that manager. When second player is picked his country and all teams played get added to restricted list. And so the restrictions grow more and more as draft progresses.

Modern definition of country based on city of birth.

If a player has played for multiple NTs, than all such NTs are added to restrictions for subsequent picks.
You do realize that you will run out of national teams to pick somewhere at the end of round 12?

Maluco

good decision to enter the toughest draft we had in ages! :D you are in :drool:
It looks tough, but I looked at the rules for some of the others and my head was spinning!:lol:

At least with this one, the suffering I will bring on myself!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
So if this was the full list(for the draft its gonna be randomized) id have a first pick, after my pick or if deadline past Pat would go and so on, once everyone picks 13 players its finished and we move to games.

Its a knockout system from the start, you can open old games to see how it works
https://www.redcafe.net/forums/draft-games-forum.79/
Have a look at the previous draft for a better idea.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/variable-formation-draft.470153/

Plus the matches, which occur after the drafting process is over, are also on the draft games forum.
Thanks for explaining it to me.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Anyway I'm afraid I can't commit to do this as I have some work coming up in the near future ( and probably a bit too thick to have understood it completely so rather not embarrass myself).

Would probably give this ago in the future, good luck!

Maluco

You do realize that you will run out of national teams to pick somewhere at the end of round 12?
I think it’s individual? As in, each manager makes his own restrictions.

He says “for that manager”, so I am assuming that each manager’s imposed restrictions are their own.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
i thought everyone has his own restriction:nervous:
I think it’s individual? As in, each manager makes his own restrictions.

He says “for that manager”, so I am assuming that each manager’s imposed restrictions are their own.
Well, it has to be as you would end up picking from the likes of Vatican and San Marino later on. :wenger:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
With no thought or research whatsoever I'll give it a shot.

I'm on holiday until Sunday though so don't include me in any deadlines until I'm back and just skip me for now