Protest at Old Trafford

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Dave Jones saying the thugs were throwing missiles at them.
Are they really fans or just folks making trouble? Surely they would make their point protesting outside. I hope they call the police.

Cast5

Utterly pathetic behavior, shades of angry republicans entering Congress. If we needed proof why governments around the world imposed strict rules during the pandemic, look at Liverpool, Glasgow and Manchester after each episode over the last year. It’s just football, there are other ways to make a point, this is just people needing to break the law.
Grow up pal. What a disgraceful post, they were on the pitch 10 mins to make a point and left peacefully.

chiz2kul

Nothing will change. Glazers not going anywhere. This will die down in a few, especially since the season is almost over. Valiant effort by the fans but ultimately thats not where the power lies unfortunately.

Delano

No it won’t. Damaging shit isn’t what they should be doing but getting on the pitch makes a massive statement and means this will be remembered. It needs to have an impact.
It'll be remembered for fans looking like prats by running on the pitch, stealing corner flags, throwing cameras etc. Is that a positive statement for a 50+1 system?

In the end, this protest was just an excuse for a few thugs to get together, trespass and cause a bit of minor damage in the stadium, possibly doing more harm to United’s chances of beating their biggest rivals. I doubt the Glazers will have taken much notice - went down like a bit of a wet fart in the end.

Reminds me of the lynch mob that gathered outside Woodward’s house.

But don’t let the top reds tell you otherwise or tell you you’re not a proper fan, throwing words around like cancer and wishing death on the club owners.

There are more effective ways of showing discontent, such as hitting the Glazers where it hurts - in their pockets.
But we don't know that. Let's not rush to judgement about the motives and behaviour of the vast majority. Anyone causing any kind of damage is totally wrong, but let's not draw conclusions at this early stage.

0le

In the end, this protest was just an excuse for a few thugs to get together, trespass and cause a bit of minor damage in the stadium, possibly doing more harm to United’s chances of beating their biggest rivals. I doubt the Glazers will have taken much notice - went down like a bit of a wet fart in the end.

But don’t let the top reds tell you otherwise or tell you you’re not a proper fan, throwing words around like cancer and wishing death on the club owners.

There are more effective ways of showing discontent, such as hitting the Glazers where it hurts - in their pockets.
Imagine generalising an entire group of protestors based on the actions of a minority.

city-puma

That just makes the protesters look like thugs.
It does and has already done the damage in some degree.
But, I think the pitch invasion is needed at least for today. If we can continue the large scale protests outside the stadium for every home game, it at least sent the strong message. Really hope those parasites out of our club!

Seveneric

Utterly pathetic behavior, shades of angry republicans entering Congress. If we needed proof why governments around the world imposed strict rules during the pandemic, look at Liverpool, Glasgow and Manchester after each episode over the last year. It’s just football, there are other ways to make a point, this is just people needing to break the law.
How are those two events even comparable, christ.

man united 4eva

99% of those in attendance today are generational United fans who fill terraces up and down the land - and further afield - wherever and whenever United play. Yet we have bleeding hearts here condemning their actions, the same people who have never set foot in Manchester before, let alone the ground. Go figure.

We have the best supporters in Britain, bar none. If any fanbase can eradicate a parasite, it’s ours. Well in, lads.
Spot on... :devil:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
99% of those in attendance today are generational United fans who fill terraces up and down the land - and further afield - wherever and whenever United play. Yet we have bleeding hearts here condemning their actions, the same people who have never set foot in Manchester before, let alone the ground. Go figure.

We have the best supporters in Britain, bar none. If any fanbase can eradicate a parasite, it’s ours. Well in, lads.
Spot on mate. some utter melts in here wringing their hands. docked points?so what, getting onto the pitch will generate maximum coverage, and that’s what will hurt the parasitic fecks, sponsors will not want to be attached to that which hurts the fecking yanks in their pocket. Keep going lads. Wish I could be there

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Happy to see it. I'm looking forward to the match as much as anyone, but if it gets called off it would only increase the impact of the protest.

Similarly, if it resulted in us getting docked points or fined it would really just put more of a focus on the message- that the glazers are not welcome at our club and that football clubs and the football landscape in general needs more protection against self serving owners.

I would hate for us to miss out on the champions League because it punishes us and the players, but the glazers are more damaging to us than another year out of the CL so I fully support the protest.

Just don't turn it violent and undermine the message.

0le

Hundreds of fans have been on the pitch and many are now exiting through gates across a road that normally allows the team buses through.

No media are being allowed through the gates as normal until the situation is cleared.

Referee Michael Oliver and former United skipper Gary Neville were amongst those whose vehicles were surrounded as they entered the stadium.

There was no trouble and both were allowed through amid a lot of anti-Glazer chanting.
- Simon Stone

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Have they left the pitch or is the aim to get the match cancelled and us docked points? We have a united fanbase currently against the Glazers - one sure fire way of destroying that is getting us docked points and splitting that fan base. The only way change happens is through Govt legislature of which there is huge public and media support for currently - all it takes is one copper being hit on the head or videos of people destroying property and that disappears.

The stuff outside the stadium and the Ole chanting is making me very emotional though. Beautiful scenes.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Well said.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Covered live on NBCSN:

Stadium has now been emptied of fans. Security now carrying out security sweeps before the match.

hp88

Spot on mate

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

100% this

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
People like your are why the rich feel they can get away with anything. Because they know there will always be people who will just bear injustice in silence.
And the Glazers will get away with everything they currently are doing and the only people who will be prostecuted are the people who broke into the stadium.

we can make as much racket as we want but unless someone comes in with billions of pounds to buy the club nothing will change.

Josep Dowling

Astounded by the reaction on here being so mixed. We need change. That doesn’t happen by standing outside holding a banner ffs.

Roboc7

Protest outside is fine but breaking into the stadium and onto the pitch? Just yobs.
It’s not what anyone wants to see but it makes a point and that’s what required. Sending some email or wearing a scarf hardly registers with the Glazers. Even what we’ve seen today won’t register unless it’s repeated, has to be a concerted effort to get rid of them, the protest is more important than the game.

The Glazers don’t want to sell because they are greedy and no matter how much money they drain it will never be enough. They’ll be happy to take their dividends and consultancy fees terrified to sell unless they miss out. But if this continues the other scenario is they’ll be scared to see an asset depreciate and miss out on cash. At Utd only way that happens is by fans saying enough is enough.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Doesn’t look like that much of a wet fart