Protest at Old Trafford

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Depends if the goons who have broken in have taken "concerned protest" to criminal damage levels on the pitch etc.
think there was reports that cameras have been damaged, shouldnt stop the game going ahead as dont need cameras to play football but Im sure Sky will throw their toys out of the pram to have it postponed.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If you're against this type of protest then you're basically pro glazer tbh.

Fair play and massive respect to everyone at the protest. This was 100% needed.
No. We’re just adults who realise it will split the fanbase, destroy media goodwill, ruin political momentum once the inevitable stories of property damage/violence get publicised, be detrimental to the players and will force Ole to condemn the protests - dividing fans even more. It’s now no longer an anti-glazer and pro reform in football message which everyone would unite behind - it’s now anti-glazer AND anti-team. And it happens every fecking time. Rinse. Repeat. The media will come out strongly against it and the glazers will rub their cocks in glee.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I hope it gets delayed by about an hour. The misses pulled a blinder and booked us into our first post-lockdown pub meal at 4 without consulting me. So if some of you could nip down there and drag this out for a bit longer that would be great, thanks.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If this was a one off protest then fine, the impact on the game wouldn't matter and the disruption of a cancelled game could be justified.

If this is going to be the first part of a sustained wave of protests though (which is what is needed to have any impact on the Glazers) then the match being cancelled will immediately see support for the protesters start being sapped, which is self-defeating.

The best outcome here is for the game to go ahead and for subsequent protests to occur with large support from the broader fanbase.

Ludens the Red

- Nobody is hurt
- No significant damage to any property
- It’s all over the news who have interrupted their regular scheduling to show this.

job done if you ask me.

Yeah there’s a few knobs there smirking with cameras out etc but you get knobs during all protests. Saw it in the summer, saw it at the Everard vigil.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I guess they want to show they are not ashamed of doing this.
liverpool fans that have infiltrated the protests to give united a bad name. just like the democratic protesters at capitol hill.

Fluctuation0161

Actions speak much louder than words always have done always will do.

A 'peaceful protest' with a few banners and signs rarely achieves much, you have to take action to make people take notice.

It's a reminder if nothing else of the power of Fans and a reminder that the ESL has not been forgotten.

As long as noone gets hurt and there isnt a huge amount of vandalism then it's good it will hopefully make people stand up and take notice, if not well there's always next week and week after etc etc.
Totally agree.

diarm

These guys are idiots.

Protest against Glazers, not against the team and the players.

What a disgrace some of you are.
Who is protesting the team or the players?

The fans are the club. Managers, players, owners, broadcasters come and go and they all get paid by us and our support of the club. We paid for the stadium, we pay for the corner flags, we pay for the cameras - if we want to protest the pricks who stole our club then we can and should. This idea that we should be quiet and meek in case we upset the players is ridiculous - how are they in any way more of the club than we are? This has nothing to do with them and I'd imagine every one of them knows that.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Will someone tell me how is this protesting against Glazer and not embarrassing our club?

Cantonagotmehere

Hopefully it's peaceful and their voices are heard. Is there any plans for a 'march' or something in Manchester? Maybe thousands of people doing that would be a good, loud voice for change?

Who knows...I hope everyone is safe today.

Hercules

I understand the protest but why today? If you're a United supporter, why you'd want to give your biggest rivals free points when they are so close to missing out on the CL. Could have done against Fulham if it's really necessary.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Why are they throwing garbage and litter on the pitch? That's in poor form.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Who is protesting the team or the players?

The fans are the club. Managers, players, owners, broadcasters come and go and they all get paid by us and our support of the club. We paid for the stadium, we pay for the corner flags, we pay for the cameras - if we want to protest the pricks who stole our club then we can and should. This idea that we should be quiet and meek in case we upset the players is ridiculous - how are they in any way more of the club than we are? This has nothing to do with them and I'd imagine every one of them knows that.
I see vandalism on the pitch of the stadium they love, you see protesting against the owners.

Okay then.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Why the hell are some idiots blocking in OUR players at the hotel? What could that possibly achieve, aside from ruining our concentration and preparation for a match against Liverpool?

What dipsh*ts. Go to the stadium ffs!
Who cares. Top 4 is pretty much secure. Bigger fish to fry than one fixture.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I understand the protest but why today? If you're a United supporter, why you'd want to give your biggest rivals free points when they are so close to missing out on the CL. Could have done against Fulham if it's really necessary.
You are more worried about hurting Liverpool than the damage the Glazers have done during their ownership........

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Big game means more attention I suppose. Though the social media boycott this weekend hinders that somewhat.

Spoony

The People's President
Can't believe they're been slated. At least they're having a go. They've done a great job and made a statement... But but the Glazers won't care blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Vs Liverpool is a much bigger stage than vs Fulham.

I guess the fans doing this think it's more important than whatever happens to Liverpool.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Good stuff, you'll always get a few idiots go too far because they are there for their moment in the sun rather than for genuine reasons.

Few real try-hards in this thread though. @red4ever 79 taking the mantle pathetically trying to shame any United fan who lives within 1,000 miles and isn't there :lol: give it a rest fella!