PSG and Mbappe go into meltdown thread

OleBoiii

I'm out of the loop. What is going on?

If PSG is about to suffer, then please talk slowly. I want to enjoy this.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm intrigued as to how he'll never be sold but also how he'll never leave on a free. How can one even try to legally ensure that? Where would you begin?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I am sure he will sign the new deal. I hope he doesn't but things like him moving on for free looks too good to be true.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm intrigued as to how he'll never be sold but also how he'll never leave on a free. How can one even try to legally ensure that? Where would you begin?
let’s just say he might make it very difficult for mbappe to leave? I suspect he’ll force him into signing a new contract with a lower achievable release clause

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Read apparently he was only going to stay if Neymar signed a new deal and that has happened.

Guess he really wants to win CL with PSG before leaving so will give it a few more years but with respect to french league it's a bit of a waste if he's not turning up to La Liga or even premier league until he's 26 or 27.

redrobed

I heard before that Ronaldo was his hero and he aspired to play for Utd or Madrid. We should be all over this. Surely even the Glazers can afford a free transfer?

Harold_Giles

Any chance he'd go to Liverpool? Few of my Liverpool mates have been obsessed with him since some Liverpool-Nike connection was reported to be perhaps key in bringing him to Anfield.
If so, I hope he pens a new 10 year deal at PSG.

AaronRedDevil

Any chance he'd go to Liverpool? Few of my Liverpool mates have been obsessed with him since some Liverpool-Nike connection was reported to be perhaps key in bringing him to Anfield.
Not for EL he's not.

close to zero I’d suggest. Liverpool don’t have the money to buy him this summer. If he’s on a free next year, I imagine he’s off to Spain.

Harold_Giles

close to zero I’d suggest. Liverpool don’t have the money to buy him this summer. If he’s on a free next year, I imagine he’s off to Spain.
Yeah, that's what I most often say to them - in a confident manner.
However in the back of my mind I'm bricking it at the though of him in a Liverpool jersey :nervous:

Hopefully we make a real effort to get him if he leaves on a free.

Yeah, that's what I most often say to them - in a confident manner.
However in the back of my mind I'm bricking it at the though of him in a Liverpool jersey :nervous:

Hopefully we make a real effort to get him if he leaves on a free.
it would be horrendous!

i don’t see him as a player who aspires to play in the PL.

if his only choice was United or Liverpool - I’ve no idea who he would choose. But I think we are safe as Real, Barca, Juventus, Bayern and City (that would be awful as well) are all ahead of Liverpool in terms of his next destination.

iKnowNothing

I think he’s just going to sign a big contract at PSG and play a year or two for them on the new contract and get out of there.
Or he will get a new high retention bonus every year and be financially set for a few generations.

meamth

I'd throw all of my club's fortune to try temp and sign him.

A year left? I'd gamble on that investment!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Most likely he will sign a one year extension and leave next summer. I don't know what the PSG President is smoking, but football doesn't work like that, and he knows it. I do know Mbappe would really like to win a CL in France for PSG over winning it at Madrid, but it's definitely his next step in his career. Or maybe the Premier League? Right now I just don't see how Madrid pays for Mbappe, and I don't think he'll run down his contract either without some discussion with PSG, there's a good relationship there. Mbappe has no agent, his family are very savvy and take very good care of his career and not have strained relationships, but there was no way he would stay at PSG his whole career.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Most likely he will sign a one year extension and leave next summer. I don't know what the PSG President is smoking, but football doesn't work like that, and he knows it. I do know Mbappe would really like to win a CL in France for PSG over winning it at Madrid, but it's definitely his next step in his career. Or maybe the Premier League? Right now I just don't see how Madrid pays for Mbappe, and I don't think he'll run down his contract either without some discussion with PSG, there's a good relationship there. Mbappe has no agent, his family are very savvy and take very good care of his career and not have strained relationships, but there was no way he would stay at PSG his whole career.

if there’s a chance, he’s the martial we should have signed. He’d be about a million a week I reckon (before tax). A million a week to watch him and fred confuse each other :drool:

Pep's Suit

I think he will sign extension and leave after the World Cup. Also when he turned down City he basically said that would like to play under Pep but doesn't want to live in Manchester so highly doubt we'll ever see him in PL. Think it's only PSG and Real for him and then probably MLS because brand-building and so.

Josep Dowling

Seriously how Real and Barcelona always do it? Both clubs have no money now suddenly they are getting decent players on free transfers.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We can’t afford a transfer fee for him. He’s always said great things about us and a few journalists have said he’d love to play under klopp but I just can’t see it happening. Even on a free he smashes our wage structure. If it is a free he’s probably going to Madrid. He also just doesn’t strike me as someone keen on the premier league, it’s just a weird feeling but that’s the impression I get from him.

If he was interested and we could find the funds I wouldn’t doubt it. Klopp has transformed the modern image of Liverpool. Unfortunately we lose a lot when he eventually goes.

Red_Aaron

With FFP dead in the water Qatar can just price him out of future moves, more so with wages than any buy out clause

He'll sign an extension with guaranteed pay raises and 'loyalty' bonuses every season then we'll see just how much he dreams of Madrid when they're asking him to take a massive paycut to play there

Money dictates everything in our game

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope they don't Kashoggi his ass.
On a serious note, Mbappe has a reputation of a diva. Even Messi doesn't publicly question who Barca will buy.

MDFC Manager

In a Qatari court most likely...
Qatari Emir probably thinks of him as an expensive slave/possession. Not gonna let him go so easily.

Which makes it so weird that him and Neymar even chose to go there in the first place.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
They all seem to bang on about mbappe because of some vague connections. Deluded.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Seriously how Real and Barcelona always do it? Both clubs have no money now suddenly they are getting decent players on free transfers.
Imagine signing both Pogba and Mbappe on a free! :lol:

Hoping Pogba extends, even if it just means we get some sort of transfer fee if he is to leave and I’m sure Mbappe will try and do the same. Sign an extension with a buyout clause of sorts (a gentleman’s agreement is only as good as the gentleman you’re agreeing it with)….