Put the post-Fergie managers in order in terms of when would've been best that they took over?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'm surprised how many think Mourinho would've been a success. The title winning teams biggest problem with Moyes was his defensive mindset. I don't think they would've taken to Mourinho's way of thinking at all.

Giggsy13

I think Mourinho would’ve had some success with our current squad and current set up. He would’ve been happy with the CBs and would happily let a martial and pogba leave. He would be constantly whinging about the midfield though but would make due with McT, Fred and Matic.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
It's sad how many people can't even begin to get into the spirit of the thread.

Lecland07

Mourinho - He should have taken over from Ferguson. I think it was vital to have a manager with experience in winning taking over that team.

I don't think the quality of the team would have dropped so far. I think we would have managed, at least, two seasons with Mourinho, and I am pretty certain we would have signed players of higher quality. Fabregas is almost a certainty of happening.

Winning in 13/14 would have been hard because City played a lot better than the season before, but Mourinho would have got top four at minimum.

- The only other one I would consider is Moyes. I think he could have done a good job had he taken over at any other time. That was the absolutely worst point.

Van Gaal - don't think we would have needed to go for him if we followed this route.

Solskjaer - not a chance

b82REZ

I'm surprised how many think Mourinho would've been a success. The title winning teams biggest problem with Moyes was his defensive mindset. I don't think they would've taken to Mourinho's way of thinking at all.
No it wasn't. Rio regularly talks about this on his YouTube channel. The players didn't respect Moyes because of his CV, and he made needless changes that upset the squad harmony.

Mourinho had that aura about him still in 2013. He would have had respect instantly as we transitioned out of the era of Fergie. As it stands we have allowed the winning mentality that Fergie instilled in every facet of the club to wither away of the preceding decade.

m1tch

Mourinho to rinse the squad dry - possibly eek out another title but a few pieces of silverware at least for a few years.

Then none of them
This is bang on to be fair, far better than what we've endured.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
No it wasn't. Rio regularly talks about this on his YouTube channel. The players didn't respect Moyes because of his CV, and he made needless changes that upset the squad harmony.

Mourinho had that aura about him still in 2013. He would have had respect instantly as we transitioned out of the era of Fergie. As it stands we have allowed the winning mentality that Fergie instilled in every facet of the club to wither away of the preceding decade.
"He tried to impose a vision but never seemed to be completely clear what that vision should be,” Ferdinand said in an extract from his autobiography #2Sides, which is being serialised in The Sun. “Unintentionally, he created a negative vibe where, with Fergie, it had always been positive. It was always how to stop the other side. Moyes set us up not to lose. We’d been accustomed to playing to win.’
No doubt a big problem was the lack of respect for Moyes and I do believe Mourinho would've done better but I don't think we would've won the league and it would've ended in tears. Pep was the man imo.