Gaming Puzzle games

OleBoiii

Recently I've been hooked on puzzle games, but I'm starting to fear that I'm gonna run out of the truly good games. The worst part is that these games, while great, don't really feel the same on a second playthrough :(

Do you got any recommendations? I'm looking for games like the ones below. I tend to prefer 3D over 2D.

Portal
Portal 2
The Talos Principle
The Witness
Stephen's Sausage Roll
(about 50% done. Not as fun as the ones above)

(Antichamber is already in my library, but I haven't played it yet)

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Man, I've been unable to find a game that satisfies the craving left after The Witness. If you do find something even remotely similar please let me know.

OleBoiii

Man, I've been unable to find a game that satisfies the craving left after The Witness. If you do find something even remotely similar please let me know.
The Witness seems to be very unique :(

The Talos Principle is more similar to Portal, but it's an excellent game. I highly recommend it.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The Return of the Obra Dinn and Braid are the obvious ones. They are the two most rewarding puzzle games I've played.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
For 3D - The Turing Test, Superhot, Riven and Real Myst.

Sort of inbetween is The Sexy Brutale and Fez (great games).

For 2D - Limbo, Celeste and Baba is You (top down).

Point and clicks also hit a lot of the same notes. The Monkey Island series, Broken Sword, the Blackwell games, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango!, LOOM, The Dig, etc etc.

Last edited:

hobbers

Our Secret Below. If you like the idea of a first person indie horror/escape room with some fairly challenging puzzles.

Came out a few days ago on Steam.

Drawfull

For 3D - The Turing Test, Superhot, Riven and Real Myst.

Sort of inbetween is The Sexy Brutale and Fez (great games).

For 2D - Limbo, Celeste and Baba is You (top down).

Point and clicks also hit a lot of the same notes. The Monkey Island series, Broken Sword, the Blackwell games, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango!, LOOM, The Dig, etc etc.
Baba is great for about 75% of it, then starts to break its own rules. Still enjoyed it though.

For a bit of nostalgia, try Head Over Heels. It's 3D isometric originally on Speccy, but there's a remake floating about online.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Head over Heels is a great game. The remake did a brilliant job. I remember it having a few hugely frustrating softlock scenarios though so I advise a guide.

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Try the Eyes of Ara, amazing game. Also Quern.

Would love recommendations to, my favourite genre.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I just finished The Room and found it fun. I think I paid a buck for it in the sales and I definitely got my money's worth. You make your way through the layers of a puzzle box and it takes a couple of hours. Fairly straight forward puzzles and it never gets frustrating but you do have to work a little for some of the answers. There are two more games in the series and I'll pick them up sometime.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Recently I've been hooked on puzzle games, but I'm starting to fear that I'm gonna run out of the truly good games. The worst part is that these games, while great, don't really feel the same on a second playthrough :(

Do you got any recommendations? I'm looking for games like the ones below. I tend to prefer 3D over 2D.

Portal
Portal 2
The Talos Principle
The Witness
Stephen's Sausage Roll
(about 50% done. Not as fun as the ones above)

(Antichamber is already in my library, but I haven't played it yet)
There was a great java puzzle game that I used to really like

The world is a cube (or circle) and you have to choose what order to introduce 10 elements into the world to create life.

Thats it, but it had beautiful animations.

Anyone remember it?