Question - Manutd Online Store

Darkhorsez

Need help. It’s my son’s birthday and I ordered a Greenwood jersey from online store. After placing the order, the notification came back and it did not mention his name in the order detail. I’ve sent an email to confirm and have not heard back. Cost a bit as I went for express shipping to Canada as his birthday is in 2 weeks. Perhaps someone has placed orders before and has experience.

TheReligion

Abusive
Need help. It’s my son’s birthday and I ordered a Greenwood jersey from online store. After placing the order, the notification came back and it did not mention his name in the order detail. I’ve sent an email to confirm and have not heard back. Cost a bit as I went for express shipping to Canada as his birthday is in 2 weeks. Perhaps someone has placed orders before and has experience.
Why don’t you drop them an email or call?

You should have asked. I’d of got you one and posted it out.

Darkhorsez

Why don’t you drop them an email or call?

You should have asked. I’d of got you one and posted it out.
yeah sent them an email. Appreciate your offer - should have asked before ordering. I selected Greenwood’s name for the order and I am just hoping that it’s the way they store order details etc. Appreciate your reply.

TheReligion

Abusive
yeah sent them an email. Appreciate your offer - should have asked before ordering. I selected Greenwood’s name for the order and I am just hoping that it’s the way they store order details etc. Appreciate your reply.
I’ve no experience online with them but I’m sure it will be fine and they’ll get back to your query to put your mind at ease!

choccy77

Man Utd online is run by kitbag.com (or it used to be)

Not been on there for years now.

sparx99

On my orders earlier this year the Order Confirmation email had a line that said “Name: Cup Printing Ronaldo”. The shipping notification didn’t mention the name though.

Darkhorsez

On my orders earlier this year the Order Confirmation email had a line that said “Name: Cup Printing Ronaldo”. The shipping notification didn’t mention the name though.
Ok thanks. My order confirmation did not mention Greenwood which Is odd. Still waiting to hear back. Hopefully all is good.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Would you not know by the price you have been charged? If higher than a top with no name then all should be good.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You can also buy directly from adidas, I'd bet the shipping is cheaper and faster as they probably have fulfillment centers in North America.

Darkhorsez

@TheReligion @choccy77 @sparx99

Hi guys, so I have an update. Never heard back from their service centre. The shirt arrived just now - it has Greenwood on it and I love it. Super fast delivery (although I paid for express) 4 days from Midlands to Canada - pretty amazing. The bummer was having to pay custom. So turned out to a lot more expensive but I don’t care, our son is going to be so happy next week! Thanks for your comments and input - appreciate it!!!

TheReligion

Abusive

Hi guys, so I have an update. Never heard back from their service centre. The shirt arrived just now - it has Greenwood on it and I love it. Super fast delivery (although I paid for express) 4 days from Midlands to Canada - pretty amazing. The bummer was having to pay custom. So turned out to a lot more expensive but I don’t care, our son is going to be so happy next week! Thanks for your comments and input - appreciate it!!!
That’s great news!
I’m sure he will love it!

If can help in the future just let me know

Strootman's Finger

I'm in canada as well and I ordered an away shirt in the summer with Ronaldo, same thing, nothing specific in the confirmation email, just shows the shirt, quantity and size but came no problem. I also just ordered a long sleeve home shirt with Bruno on the weekend, and just got the shipping confirmation and again, no mention of the name in the email, but I believe if I actually log into my account I can see it. Either way, it was no issue last time and the price in the confirmation suggests I have paid for customization.

So nothing to worry about, but, ordering from Uniteddirect seems very weird and antiquated. I can't remember the last time I ordered something, from anywhere in the world, and they didn't provide me with tracking information. These aren't cheap purchases either, but just a confirmation email and it will show up when it shows up.

sparx99

Brilliant. Pleased for your son!

Stig

Ok thanks. My order confirmation did not mention Greenwood which Is odd. Still waiting to hear back. Hopefully all is good.
I think you have probably bought a shirt and they have given it to Greenwood.

choccy77

I hope you are able to get a replacement shirt before your sons birthday.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

You poor man !!

Twisted Nerve

I hope they send you a suitable replacement by express mail. Should be free of charge IMO.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Yeah - it was gut wrenching. Actually returned it just now. The money lost is but a small thing. i Am hoping other young players use this experience to be better human beings.
I'd be very surprised if the club don't offer refunds on recently bought jerseys, and possibly a free untarnished jersey to book - I'd say try and email/call tomorrow. Or tweet, they actually monitor that.

Darkhorsez

Yeah - it was gut wrenching. Actually returned it just now. The money lost is but a small thing. i Am hoping other young players use this experience to be better human beings.
Thanks but honestly I am just stunned right now and don’t want to pursue it tbh. I hope as fans we will have better days.

Moriarty

The US store is trash. Basically if you want anything other than a Ronaldo shirt in xs or 4XL you're shit out of luck. I don't even know why they have an American store.
I didn't know that because I've never bought anything from there. You'd think it would be top=drawer considering the number of United fans here. I still see more United shirts than any other team.

United Hobbit

Could you buy him a plain United shirt, then give him the money to print the name on it when he's decided who he'd like instead? I was briefly seeing a guy and he went into I think it was sports direct, and they printed the name onto the shirt he'd already purchased elsewhere (I presume) for him.

I'm not sure if there are any rules around it but at least he'd get the shirt from you then can just sort the printing at a later date. Only problem would be the number on the back, unless there's a number you know he'd want.

Just seen you're not in the UK, may be worth seeing if any shops do printing of a pre purchased shirt.

Darkhorsez

United are now exchanging shirts according to the Sun
@TheReligion @choccy77 - hi guys - received an email with the offer to exchange and went for a Ronaldo exchange. So the complication is that I already returned it and I am out of pocket for customs and also returning so not sure how things go. My assumption is exchange should happen first and then they give you instructions for returning. So I went out of sequence. i will let you know how it goes.

choccy77

@TheReligion @choccy77 - hi guys - received an email with the offer to exchange and went for a Ronaldo exchange. So the complication is that I already returned it and I am out of pocket for customs and also returning so not sure how things go. My assumption is exchange should happen first and then they give you instructions for returning. So I went out of sequence. i will let you know how it goes.
All the best, hope it goes smoothly.

I'm sure your choice of Ronaldo will get some people raising eyebrows :rolleyes:

Darkhorsez

All the best, hope it goes smoothly.

I'm sure your choice of Ronaldo will get some people raising eyebrows :rolleyes:
Thanks - TBH it’s slim pickings right now - it was a throw up between Varane and Sancho. Non are convincing right now! What we’ve become :mad:

Threesus

United are now exchanging shirts according to the Sun
Yeah, saw a post on the United subreddit that said people with Greenwood’s jersey can exchange them for a new one.

deadline: March 31

choccy77

It's time United stopped making new shirts every year anyhow

It's just crazy how football gets away with ripping off fans and also producing rubbish designs year on year.

3 kits, 1 a year rotate, that's still a new shirt every year.

Hal9000

It's time United stopped making new shirts every year anyhow

It's just crazy how football gets away with ripping off fans and also producing rubbish designs year on year.

3 kits, 1 a year rotate, that's still a new shirt every year.

Adidas will insist on it when they spending £77 million per season on the license. United only get a small percentage of each kit sold, more if sold through United own shop. How ever the majority of shirt sale will go to Adidas and the retailer selling the kit,