Question Time & This Week

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
God Fiona Bruce is diabolical.
Really used to like Question Time but it really has gone downhill since Dimbleby left. Just doesn’t seem the same show and even the ‘celeb’ guests on the panel don’t really entice you to tune in.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Really used to like Question Time but it really has gone downhill since Dimbleby left. Just doesn’t seem the same show and even the ‘celeb’ guests on the panel don’t really entice you to tune in.
I think they made a mistake putting Bruce in the chair, she's a news reader and TV presenter. If they wanted a woman in the chair, there's far more heavy weight choices than her. Just have to look to Newsnight presenters instead, Kirsty Wark or Emily Maitlis, were the obvious choices.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think they made a mistake putting Bruce in the chair, she's a news reader and TV presenter. If they wanted a woman in the chair, there's far more heavy weight choices than her. Just have to look to Newsnight presenters instead, Kirsty Wark or Emily Maitlis, were the obvious choices.
It’s not the fact she’s a news reader and a TV presenter. It’s the fact she’s as blatant as you like a Tory Brexiteer.

It’s no surprise, the executive producer is a raving Britain First supporting right winger who consistently weights the audience with rabid Britain First supporting right wingers. Bruce isn’t there to moderate the discussion, she’s there to control it.

Fluctuation0161

Mailing would've been good.

Bruce is so biased it's unwatchable.

Reiver

It’s not the fact she’s a news reader and a TV presenter. It’s the fact she’s as blatant as you like a Tory Brexiteer.

It’s no surprise, the executive producer is a raving Britain First supporting right winger who consistently weights the audience with rabid Britain First supporting right wingers. Bruce isn’t there to moderate the discussion, she’s there to control it.
Is that right about the executive producer? Feck sake.
Kirsty Wark would have been my choice for the chair.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Succession’s Brian Cox is on tomorrow night.

(So is Piers Morgan)

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Just saw the opening to this week’s show. Now I distinctly remember last year when they were in some Brexit sodden armpit of England Bruce said something along the lines of “now we know this is a predominantly Conservative audience tonight because we try to represent the area we are in as we move around the country”.

Yet this week she said “here we are in Labour stronghold Liverpool, but we’ve ensured the audited tonight is representative of how the country votes”.

I mean they don’t even bother to hide that they load the audience with Tories do they?

68cob

They might have changed it for a spell/particular show, but I think they always say the audience represents the national vote and that's how I remember it. Sadly, I went and checked a few of the previous shows on iPlayer to confirm it.

Trequarista10

Just saw the opening to this week’s show. Now I distinctly remember last year when they were in some Brexit sodden armpit of England Bruce said something along the lines of “now we know this is a predominantly Conservative audience tonight because we try to represent the area we are in as we move around the country”.

Yet this week she said “here we are in Labour stronghold Liverpool, but we’ve ensured the audited tonight is representative of how the country votes”.

I mean they don’t even bother to hide that they load the audience with Tories do they?
Interesting. Do you think it's lefty BBC overcompensating to avoid being labelled partisan, or do you think they want a higher representation of Tories?

Personally I'd expect its as much just an issue of organisation. I imagine the shows in big cities get a lot of people wanting to attend, so they can select an audience that is balanced. Whereas in small, backwater towns they will be lumbered with whatever audience members come along. Not sure many city dwellers would apply to go to a show broadcast in Farage territory. Which makes the intro just corporate jargon for "this audience isn't ideal but we're going to pretend it's what we wanted".

Drainy

Interesting. Do you think it's lefty BBC overcompensating to avoid being labelled partisan, or do you think they want a higher representation of Tories?

Personally I'd expect its as much just an issue of organisation. I imagine the shows in big cities get a lot of people wanting to attend, so they can select an audience that is balanced. Whereas in small, backwater towns they will be lumbered with whatever audience members come along. Not sure many city dwellers would apply to go to a show broadcast in Farage territory. Which makes the intro just corporate jargon for "this audience isn't ideal but we're going to pretend it's what we wanted".
Conservative producers doing all they can to influence public sentiment

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

they knew that if they just had actual liverpool people on there then the only questions would be about which party will force klopp to stay and why it’s not ok for them to snog their cousins.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

It was a Brexit special, and they had an audience of leave voters:

Below is a random 2023 video from a Conservative constituency. She says the same thing as in the Liverpool one : "Tonight we're in the Hampshire town of Petersfield. This Conservative stronghold is next to Hambledon, known as the cradle of cricket; it claims it invented the game - but our program, of course, goes out across the UK and our audience here, as every week, reflects the broad electoral picture across the nation."

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It was a Brexit special, and they had an audience of leave voters:

Below is a random 2023 video from a Conservative constituency. She says the same thing as in the Liverpool one : "Tonight we're in the Hampshire town of Petersfield. This Conservative stronghold is next to Hambledon, known as the cradle of cricket; it claims it invented the game - but our program, of course, goes out across the UK and our audience here, as every week, reflects the broad electoral picture across the nation."

Fair enough. Fiona Bruce is still a Tory bitch though