Quincy Promes | Sentenced to 6 Years in Prison | Detained in Dubai

Ole'sgunnarwin

Does he promes to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

It's a shame, always liked the name Quincy, thought about it for a future son. Have to throw that one in the bin now.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:lol: they set him up
It’s really an odd one. He did miss the one last year precisely because of the extradition risks (at that point the drug trial was still on-going but the stabbing one was already done)… why did he thought that he was safe this time around, I’d never know.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It’s really an odd one. He did miss the one last year precisely because of the extradition risks (at that point the drug trial was still on-going but the stabbing one was already done)… why did he thought that he was safe this time around, I’d never know.
Maybe he's in bad form and proving hard to shift :lol:

harms

Staff
Maybe he's in bad form and proving hard to shift :lol:
The opposite, actually! The on-going joke* is that Zenit paid Dubai’s police off so that he’d miss the game against them tomorrow. But I doubt that it’s anything bar ridiculous stupidity from the supposed crime lord.

* Spartak and conspiracy theories often go hand in hand.

harms

Staff
Ah right. Didn’t factor that into his cunning plan! Although Spartak or Russian government must have given the OK for him to be nabbed, right?
He was detained in the airport, when the rest of the team was boarding on the flight home. Spartak certainly haven’t given its blessing but who asks them; whenever Dubai asked Russia or simply acted on Netherlands’ behalf as their law suggest they do remains to be seen.

He’s not a Russian citizen, so I doubt that Russian government would care — unless they’ll decide to stick their stupid “russophobia” tag on this case too.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He was detained in the airport, when the rest of the team was boarding on the flight home. Spartak certainly haven’t given its blessing but who asks them; whenever Dubai asked Russia or simply acted on Netherland’s behalf as their law suggest they do remains to be seen.

He’s not a Russian citizen, so I doubt that Russian government would care — unless they’ll decide to stick their stupid “russophobia” tag on this case too.
Even worse for him! Imagine the sense of realisation he got there!

It’s an interesting one for the fact he either had the confidence or naivety to think he could just go about his business under Spartak’s umbrella unless given reassurances it was fine to leave the country. You’d think someone representing him would have checked and double checked everything before he got on that plane and set foot in Dubai.

the_cliff

Taghi like the Kinahans would be worth billions too. He’d have property and influence around the world. This Promes is small fry by comparison. Just very ill advised leaving Russia at all.
Kinahan had to leave Dubai iirc. I'm sure I remember Taghi being extradited from Dubai.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The opposite, actually! The on-going joke* is that Zenit paid Dubai’s police off so that he’d miss the game against them tomorrow. But I doubt that it’s anything bar ridiculous stupidity from the supposed crime lord.

* Spartak and conspiracy theories often go hand in hand.
:lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
It's come to light that the initial reason he was arrested in Dubai is because he was involved in an road traffic accident while over there and fled the scene. Dutch authorities have since banged in an extradition request. Don't know the seriousness of incident yet.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
It's come to light that the initial reason he was arrested in Dubai is because he was involved in an road traffic accident while over there and fled the scene. Dutch authorities have since banged in an extradition request. Don't know the seriousness of incident yet.
Of course he did. Dreg of a human being.

Bobade

When you're in this circumstances, and you decide to take the risk of leaving the safe haven country you are in, how do you not have the sense to keep your nose squeaky clean while you're there?

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
When you're in this circumstances, and you decide to take the risk of leaving the safe haven country you are in, how do you not have the sense to keep your nose squeaky clean while you're there?
You underestimate human stupidity.

Cloud7

People’s stupidity always find new ways to surprise you

Juicy Juiced

My sister lives in Holland, Arnhem,and I had chance to meet Mr Promes. It was maybe decade ago, but he was already lost cause. Big talent, but he was already in bad company.

harms

Staff
Somehow, incredibly, it looks like he's on his way back to Russia.

ShinjiNinja26

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Promes? More like proper mess, amirite?

Robbie Boy

It's awful when people are confronted with facing the consequences of their actions.

Oldyella

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13252967/Cell-prison-Quincy-Promes-Ajax.html

Inside the 20 men-in-a-cell UAE prison housing Quincy Promes: Former Ajax star is in a freezing cold jail where no fruit or vegetables are served and rape is 'an everyday occurrence' - as he hopes to be sent to Russia, not Holland
Is it me or is the phrasing weird in that article? Seems to lead with no fruit or veg and almost add everyday rape as an afterthought. Would have thought you lead with that..

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is it me or is the phrasing weird in that article? Seems to lead with no fruit or veg and almost add everyday rape as an afterthought. Would have thought you lead with that..
Not to mention the WWE-esque opener to the paragraph. Very weirdly written.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
So now the Russians also want to jail him for tax fraud, or have I read the wrong?

Also, I would have thought raping a male would be a pretty big no no inside a UAE prison where gay men aren't the most popular lads in the country