Quincy Promes | Sentenced to 6 Years in Prison | Detained in Dubai

GledTheRed

22 year old FC Twente winger just scored a :drool: hattrick against the Scotland under 21's.

He was inevitably quizzed about joining United after the game to which he laughed and said yeah he'd love to pretty much without actually saying that.

Pat may has unresolved beef however.

:nono:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Played in the Dutch second division last year at Go Ahead Eagles, this season (which has just finished, so should I say last?) he played for FC Twente and did really well there. Especially before the winter break, he scored some good goals and had a very decent season, while many were doubting at the start of the season if he was ready to be playing on the highest Dutch level.

This performance might get him a place in the Dutch national team squad. He's an energetic player, not really spectacular technically, but he can get past an opponent and has an eye for a goal, is fast and works hard. Jean-Paul Boëtius has way more raw talent, but he is younger and not as developed physically as Promes is, that's why I think Promes has a good change of making the squad.

But Van Gaal might decide not to include him in the end anyway. Holland already have Robben, Depay, Lens and possibly Kuyt as options for the wing who look like to be certain, and the 3-5-2 system LVG looks like playing doesn't really use wingers.

Nowhere near Manchester United level, nowhere near Ashley Youngs level yet even, and I'm willing to bet literally everything on it that he will not follow Van Gaal to United this summer.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

9 matches in the Russian league this season for Spartak Moscow in which he’s scored 5 and assisted 6. How good is he? How good can he become? Holland football experts tell me more about this player.

Dolf

Sevilla just bought him for 20 million. Absolute bargain if you ask me.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sevilla just bought him for 20 million. Absolute bargain if you ask me.
Really exciting to see what he can do in Spain. Always hear these great things about him in the Russian league, nice that we can actually see him at work now.

izec

Fifa 18 legend in Ultimate team. Hope he moves to a top league and we can watch him in action

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's got previous as well in 2018 there was news about him assaulting his wife.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Old thread bump but I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere?

Dutch prosecutors to press attempted murder charges against footballer Promes

Dutch prosecutors intend to press attempted murder charges against Spartak Moscow football player Quincy Promes, they said on Wednesday, in order to ensure his case proceeds as quickly as possible. Promes was arrested in connection with a July 2020 stabbing in the Dutch town of Abcoude. It later emerged that the alleged victim was Promes's cousin and the incident took place in a fight after a family party. Promes has denied involvement.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...charges-against-footballer-promes-2022-03-09/

Any resident Dutchies who can shed more light? @KirkDuyt

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Old thread bump but I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere?

Dutch prosecutors to press attempted murder charges against footballer Promes

Dutch prosecutors intend to press attempted murder charges against Spartak Moscow football player Quincy Promes, they said on Wednesday, in order to ensure his case proceeds as quickly as possible. Promes was arrested in connection with a July 2020 stabbing in the Dutch town of Abcoude. It later emerged that the alleged victim was Promes's cousin and the incident took place in a fight after a family party. Promes has denied involvement.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...charges-against-footballer-promes-2022-03-09/

Any resident Dutchies who can shed more light? @KirkDuyt
His phone was tapped, because he is aoparantly also involved in organised drugrelated crime and he was bragging about meaning to have killed his cousin afterwards which prompted the prosecuter to go for attempted murdsr instead. I always knew Promes was a fecking moro, just thought he was a harmless moron.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
His phone was tapped, because he is aoparantly also involved in organised drugrelated crime and he was bragging about meaning to have killed his cousin afterwards which prompted the prosecuter to go for attempted murdsr instead. I always knew Promes was a fecking moro, just thought he was a harmless moron.
Yeah, the phone tap is what drove this forward now. Before that, it was all rather unclear, but the tap revealed that the stabbing really was intentional and, as you say, that Promes meant to actually kill his cousin.

Crazy stuff.

is he back in the Netherlands now, can they prosecute him? He's with Spartak Moscow, but he suppose he's not in Russia right now. (He moved there partly because of the cloud hanging over him due to the stabbing, right? Even if back then things were still unclear, of course.)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, the phone tap is what drove this forward now. Before that, it was all rather unclear, but the tap revealed that the stabbing really was intentional and, as you say, that Promes meant to actually kill his cousin.

Crazy stuff.

is he back in the Netherlands now, can they prosecute him? He's with Spartak Moscow, but he suppose he's not in Russia right now. (He moved there partly because of the cloud hanging over him due to the stabbing, right? Even if back then things were still unclear, of course.)
As far as I know he is in Russia. Not entirely sure though. Ajax was glad to move him on yes, but also partly because he wasnt that good.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This reminded me of Ruben Semedo. He was arrested in 2018 for attempted murder and burglary, he confessed two years later and despite facing 15 years in jail, only got an 8 year ban from Spain and a fine. He was then arrested in August last year for an alleged gang rape of a minor in Greece. Just read that in the same year, he was hospitalised after being beaten up by a gang outside of his house. Surprised he somehow still signed for Porto.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thread was a fever dream, never heard of him and didn't realize the threads from 2014.

Anywho, probably a moron.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Also read he stabbed someone, but suppose the drug smuggling crossed the line :lol:

Santos J

Also read he stabbed someone, but suppose the drug smuggling crossed the line :lol:
He got sentenced to 18 months for that too but was in Russia already so is just carrying on as normal. He better hope he enjoys Moscow as can't imagine he'll be leaving any time soon!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But hes still in Russia.
Yep. No extradition agreement. Business as usual.
So he’s never going to jail because he won’t leave Russia right?
If he does, he'll go to another country they can't extradite him from. Like I said earlier: it's the Robinho method. He was in Turkiye for a bit and then ran back to Brazil to avoid Italy being able to jail him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If there is a god, he gets his Russian passport only to be drafted into the army.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Kind of stupid of him to assume he’d be grand in Dubai when they handed over Ridouan Taghi to the Dutch authorities not so long ago. Taghi was said to be the leader of the biggest cocaine importation racket in Holland and he ran the business from Dubai for the last few years assuming he’d be safe from extradition. His arrest and extradition may have set a precedent. I’m sure there are lots of nervous major criminals in Dubai currently. Promes should have just stayed in Russia.

redNATION

Kind of stupid of him to assume he’d be grand in Dubai when they handed over Ridouan Taghi to the Dutch authorities not so long ago. Taghi was said to be the leader of the biggest cocaine importation racket in Holland and he ran the business from Dubai for the last few years assuming he’d be safe from extradition. His arrest and extradition may have set a precedent. I’m sure there are lots of nervous major criminals in Dubai currently. Promes should have just stayed in Russia.
UAE was on the FATF money laundering gray list, they’ve only recently come off after targeting criminals residing in the country, it’s no longer a safe haven for these kinds of individuals

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
UAE was on the FATF money laundering gray list, they’ve only recently come off after targeting criminals residing in the country, it’s no longer a safe haven for these kinds of individuals
Taghi like the Kinahans would be worth billions too. He’d have property and influence around the world. This Promes is small fry by comparison. Just very ill advised leaving Russia at all.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So he went to Dubai on holiday… or “holiday”?

And this sounds like the Dutch equivalent of a county lines kid, which means if those people had their claws in him from a young age, football would always be a secondary unless he was dragged away from where he grew up and all people (likely friends and associates he’s known since single digits) cut away. Also seems like someone who enjoyed the lifestyle and being malicious, so doubly doomed from the beginning.