Racist Abuse Of Rashford

SER19

They will never do that.

A better method would be that to send tweets to anyone not on your friends list, you must register your ID.

That way people don't have to provide ID but by not doing so they are restricted as to who they can communicate with.

Or, even better, shut it down, set fire to the servers and sell the domain.
:lol: last idea the winner

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What a bunch of scrotes.

They're just a load of cowards who wouldn't even look Marcus Rashford in the eye if they saw him on the street, but they've got this platform where freedom of speech equates to freedom of repercussions.

It is tragic, but I really don't know what the solution is other than just catapult all social media into the abyss forever. But it's a multi-billion-pound industry that doesn't give enough of a shit about bigotry to make waves about it. I'm sure they could quite easily delete and ban accounts using any racist language autonomously, but they never will. I dunno about Twitter, but Facebook and Instagram are too busy censoring nipples to take racism on as well.

RedDevilRoshi

This f****** disgusting thing is just getting way out of hand now.

So virtually any non-white player that misses a penalty is going to be on the receiving end of racial abuse?

Bojan11

Are you saying journalists are reporting on racism to sell papers to a majority white audience :lol:

Is this a genuinely serious question?

Truth is we can’t actually tell if the posters are white or black - profile pics, bios etc. are easily falsified but are you honestly trivialising this down to, “prove they’re white”. Let’s say they’re not, & they’re asian - do that make it less racist? worse? better?

The behaviour is abhorrent, end of.
I’m just saying they fishing for attention.

Did I say it makes it better? Stop putting shit that I didn’t say. I said half of these accounts are African Man Utd fans and looking into their twitter it seems to back that up. I can’t exactly go to their house and verify that can I? Unless you would like to.

Saying it’s just white people sending this abuse to players is just stupid is my point. When abuse is coming from all sections and all races.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
This is going to carry on sadly. No way of policing it.

Andersons Dietician

Good idea, in theory, the only problem is that the purged would resurface 5 minutes later under the protection of a new account.

Why not just remove Twitter from existence. I mean, would you miss it?
Oh when he mentioned Purge I just thought he meant kill them all which I was fully behind, but I see now he just meant Purge Twitter.

El Zoido

The more it’s publicised the more it happens, it’s like when one terrorist ran over some people with a van, then suddenly it was happening every week. Feels like some people are encouraged by the fact something they can do so easily ends up as national news.

Acole9

Outstanding
Our 'Fans' are the worst. The ones that go to watch the matches must look at the crap on the internet and think we don't need fans like this.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m just saying they fishing for attention.

Did I say it makes it better? Stop putting shit that I didn’t say. I said half of these accounts are African Man Utd fans and looking into their twitter it seems to back that up. I can’t exactly go to their house and verify that can I? Unless you would like to.

Saying it’s just white people sending this abuse to players is just stupid is my point. When abuse is coming from all sections and all races.
Black man is racially abused, newspapers report on it & you’ve called it “fishing for attention”.

When has anyone said, “it’s just white people”? I certainly haven’t seen anyone say anything like that.

I was asking if the person wasn’t white, what difference would it make. He has been racially abused - articles/comments on here are pro rashford/pogba et al. not anti-white fan.

The white twitter population aren’t under attack here, black footballers are. People get so defensive around discussions of race.

Bwuk

Imagine how pathetic your life must be to hide behind a fake twitter name and racially abuse young men that you probably pay £££ to watch play football.

Bojan11

Black man is racially abused, newspapers report on it & you’ve called it “fishing for attention”.

When has anyone said, “it’s just white people”? I certainly haven’t seen anyone say anything like that.

I was asking if the person wasn’t white, what difference would it make. He has been racially abused - articles/comments on here are pro rashford/pogba et al. not anti-white fan.

The white twitter population aren’t under attack here, black footballers are. People get so defensive around discussions of race.
Read what I said ffs.

I said the people who are making the tweets fishing for attention after what happened with Pogba. Do you have reading problems?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s just trolling it isn’t actually people who are racist. Doing it for the publicity. It should be ignored not publicised. There is no solution unfortunately.

fps

Disgusting. A large part of what social media has done is give a public voice to people who should never have been given a public voice.

Tostao_80

It’s just trolling it isn’t actually people who are racist. Doing it for the publicity. It should be ignored not publicised. There is no solution unfortunately.
How is someone who calls Rashford the n word for missing a penalty not an actual racist?

INF-AMOS

The only surprising thing is that people are actually suprised by this. Since when has the internet been freak free zone?

It empowers the weirdos of this world and the more outrage and publicity it gets the more empowered and important they feel.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The players should just delete their twitter accounts.

I'm wondering if these are really United fans?

Honestly, players should follow my lead - no social media. The Caf is as close as I get to speaking to strangers, but I'm bouncing as soon as there's a disappointing result. If I don't ignore the result and the resulting discussions about it, I get real unhappy. So why bother putting yourself in that situation.

Players need to concentrate on the next game and watching back their poor performances and making sure they improve. If they need to relax - read a book, or watch something naughty - whatever suits.

I just don't know what we can do about racist idiots. I'd start by deleting all social media accounts to at least let them have one less outlet to spew their crap.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The players should just delete their twitter accounts.

I'm wondering if these are really United fans?

Honestly, players should follow my lead - no social media. The Caf is as close as I get to speaking to strangers, but I'm bouncing as soon as there's a disappointing result. If I don't ignore the result and the resulting discussions about it, I get real unhappy. So why bother putting yourself in that situation.

Players need to concentrate on the next game and watching back their poor performances and making sure they improve. If they need to relax - read a book, or watch something naughty - whatever suits.

I just don't know what we can do about racist idiots. I'd start by deleting all social media accounts to at least let them have one less outlet to spew their crap.
The caf isnt racist. Thanks to a very strict mods. But abuse there's tons of them.

We called jose cnut on many accounts

Falcow

Social media really is a sesspool, I really wish it was just a fad that would feck off.
I couldn't agree more. It gives a platform to so many morons. It's also a bit like road rage, when some people get behind the wheel they become completely different characters for some reason, Twitter seems to have the same effect on some.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The caf isnt racist. Thanks to a very strict mods. But abuse there's tons of them.

We called jose cnut on many accounts
Of course the Caf isn't racist. My point is avoid negativity as much as possible. I do it for myself because I just get really sad. For players constant negativity will affect them mentally, therefore I'd recommend no social media, no newspapers, no Sky sports watching or anything. They should just concentrate on fixing their mistakes. Negative stuff takes a toll.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Of course the Caf isn't racist. My point is avoid negativity as much as possible. I do it for myself because I just get really sad. For players constant negativity will affect them mentally, therefore I'd recommend no social media, no newspapers, no Sky sports watching or anything. They should just concentrate on fixing their mistakes. Negative stuff takes a toll.
I dont agree with abuse, let alone racial abuse. But thos3 players deserve a boos here and there. Maybe a whip up their arse metaphorically will do wonders.

I've had enough with support them and clapping and cheering everything on the pitch. While the aim is noble it's entering a counter productive zone of making them complacent.

Fans needs to show that this performance isnt acceptable

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Racial abuse at the ground is one thing. It’s horrible to hear from your own fans and those doing it aren’t afraid to hide it. That’s why we’ve not seen any reports of it happening to Pogba or Rashford through all this.

On Twitter it’s from a bunch of morons and trolls who would be horrified if it were ever put to their real names. Pogba and Rashford shouldn’t dignify it with any attention, although obviously Twitter should.

Needham

Disgusting. A large part of what social media has done is give a public voice to people who should never have been given a public voice.
Yeah! And I think you should be given the job of selecting which people should be allowed a public voice.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah! And I think you should be given the job of selecting which people should be allowed a public voice.
Bit like the Republican and NRA stance on gun ownership.

Let's stop the mentally ill and convicted criminals having accounts...oh wait, we can all see the problem

Bestietom

It's antisocial behaviour and will never go away as long as there is some way to escape behind security measures.
These thugs just like to play with the laws, and think they are big brave men doing this. It's better to ignore this filth, as they just love the limelight.

Omahahaha

Yeah, it should not happen. Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots in this world, and out of our millions of followers there are some of them.

Needham

Bit like the Republican and NRA stance on gun ownership.

Let's stop the mentally ill and convicted criminals having accounts...oh wait, we can all see the problem
The analogy is only relevant to press certain political buttons. Owning guns and having a public voice -two very different things.

ValenciaRocks

Social media hasn't just given a voice to the far right but to every conceivable form of extremism.

It breeds crazy and the scum festers.
Yep it gives a platform to groups that spread misinformation too.

For example the anti vaccine movement, preventing (ignorant) parents from protecting their own children and others.

I avoid Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Nothing better than a good old fashioned phone call or just a simple text. Facebook was designed to connect people but ultimately its had the opposite effect when you think about it. Or maybe I’m being old fashioned

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You can tell from the type of accounts that are saying these things that it’s young kids who thinks it’s funny.

They get likes/retweets from other immature people and it gives them a good feeling for 10 minutes. Clearly they aren’t thinking about their actions and they probably don’t care if they get banned as it’s a troll account in the first place.

It seems opposition fans are setting up fake united accounts to make us seem bad - exactly what people said would happen when they talked about stadium bans and points deducted from social media. It’ll never work.

The only way this stops is if accounts are harder to make/authentication is matched to a real person. police can then deal accordingly.

Inigo Montoya

It never ceases to amaze me how vile people can be to someone they don't even know. Feck off
Welcome to the world of hate.

On a global level, race based hate has been going on for centuries. What is staggering that with all the education that we seem to have progressed so little

Kostov

Welcome to the world of hate.

On a global level, race based hate has been going on for centuries. What is staggering that with all the education that we seem to have progressed so little
I'm not surprised at the stupidity of people, feck even I can understand someone hating another if they had something personal. But to be so vile and offend someone you don't even know because of the color of his skin, feck off. It makes me angry and sad.

soralapio

Is it from fans or just trolls playing up now ?
As much as I'd like to pretend it's just the latter, there's a lot of really hateful, really awful stuff coming from people who follow United on social media platforms. Go to Facebook and look up for instance any of United's "All Red All Equal" posts, and you'll find a lot of shocking shit coming from people, often with "Top Fan" flair or United avatars etc. As sad as it is, many United supporters (yes, many of them coming from African or Middle-Eastern countries, but a lot of them also from European countries and a lot of them white, this isn't a "those foreign savages" issue and shame on anyone who suggests it is) are racists, sexists, homophobes etc.

I really hope pressure from clubs forces Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to start taking this more seriously, and banning abusers' accounts, and also their email addresses and phone numbers (which should be mandatory) from making new accounts. Deplatforming works. Aside from that, I think it's the responsibility of every sane person to confront abuse when we see it, and make it clear that we don't tolerate it, and we don't want to associate with people who spout it. Act like a racist, sexist or homophobe? feck off, you're not a Red, and we don't want you. Enough people tell them that and maybe they'll be shamed into being quiet, if nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inigo Montoya

I'm not surprised at the stupidity of people, feck even I can understand someone hating another if they had something personal. But to be so vile and offend someone you don't even know because of the color of his skin, feck off. It makes me angry and sad.
It also goes to their narcissistic personality disorder that they feel abuse on social media empowers them.