Radek Vítek

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Think Kovar’s gone a bit underappreciated in our academy, in my opinion he’s by far the best academy keeper we’ve had in the last couple of years, light years ahead of Vitek and Harrison, in every regard.
I agree, Kovar is easily the best. He was ridiculously good for the u21s. Amazing with his feet, great shot stopper and good in the air too.

Vitek and Harrison are decent but not the same class at all and have far bigger deficiencies. Vitek is poor with his feet and despite all of Harrison’s plaudits for his passing, they regularly lead to goals conceded. Harrison also isn’t great in the air and commanding his area.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The issue with Vitek could well be his lack of ability on the ball. If he can improve upon that, then that will stand him in good stead going forward. I don't think he needs to do a lot on loan to have a better start to the mens game than what Kovar showed at Swindon and then Burton, where he wasn't good at all from what I've read. And Kovar has only ever done well in the Czech league on loan and has yet to show anything of particular note in a major European league. He's currently the back up keeper at Leverkusen, and at nearly 24 years of age, he's not done anything of note in a top European league

Harrison is still very young at 17 years of age, and is still physically maturing. I don't have any issue with his ability on the ball, but it remains to be seen how he matures physically. The teams he's playing in at youth level, are teams that are expecting the GK to do a little bit extra both with the ball and without the ball. So one should expect more mistakes, considering the changing landscape in academy football where tactically the GK is expected to do more in all facets of the game. And also because Harrison is only 17. At a similar age, Sao Paulo released Ederson. So like I said previously, it all depends on how Harrison develops physically and grows into his body because he's still a kid at 17 years of age.

KevinJoh

If he get a chance in League Two it is great. Henderson started like that, even in Conference I think, Johnstone also, so for goalkeepers it is normal as the most important is to get minutes and experience. I can remember that Kovar had a few bad loans in lower divisions and before Sparta loan it did not look like we can get profit from him. Lets hope Vitek will perform on loan and get higher league next year.

VDG17

I am not sure Vitek is agile enough against low shots to be a top level goalkeeper from what I have seen so far, whether that can be developed with age I am not sure.

Bigsid

Has the attributes to have a good career. Problem many of our keepers face is they look small (around 6ft or less) and error prone. Given average height of GKs in prem is between 6ft 3 or 4 it wont be easy down the line.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Has the attributes to have a good career. Problem many of our keepers face is they look small (around 6ft or less) and error prone. Given average height of GKs in prem is between 6ft 3 or 4 it wont be easy down the line.
Thought Vitek was massive?

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Still think it was a mistake to let Kovar go. Shall watch Viteks career with interest

Varun1

Still think it was a mistake to let Kovar go. Shall watch Viteks career with interest
He has already featured 8 times for Leverkusen... selling him was a major feck up imo. The whole thing just doesn't make sense.

AltiUn

Think it was mistake letting a few of them go. I know everyone always has a go at us for overhyping youth talent, and to extent they're probably correct, but I think it's gone under the radar just how much talent Ten Hag's shipped out.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think it was mistake letting a few of them go. I know everyone always has a go at us for overhyping youth talent, and to extent they're probably correct, but I think it's gone under the radar just how much talent Ten Hag's shipped out.
Anyone specific? I think the issue was more the fees we've received than anything else. The likes of Chong, Mengi, and Elanga are clear PL level talents that we should've got more money for.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Anyone specific? I think the issue was more the fees we've received than anything else. The likes of Chong, Mengi, and Elanga are clear PL level talents that we should've got more money for.
Not sure you could have said that when we sold them, Elanga, fine. Who else was a clear PL level talent?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not sure you could have said that when we sold them, Elanga, fine. Who else was a clear PL level talent?
Think this post should be directed more at AltiUn.

I think we were correct in selling them, I just don't think we got appropriate money in doing so. Semantics if they were PL level talents or top level championship, whatever. My point is more the fact we got like what, half a million pounds for Mengi(?) and about £1.5m for Chong? We basically gave them away.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think this post should be directed more at AltiUn.

I think we were correct in selling them, I just don't think we got appropriate money in doing so. Semantics if they were PL level talents or top level championship, whatever. My point is more the fact we got like what, half a million pounds for Mengi(?) and about £1.5m for Chong? We basically gave them away.
Yeah sorry I did mean to include both posts, but specifically on those two, I think this is hindsight talking.

AltiUn

Think Kovar, Garner and Hannibal for me personally. I get the impression Amad won't be far behind either.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think Kovar, Garner and Hannibal for me personally. I get the impression Amad won't be far behind either.
Fair enough, we probably did sell Garner a little early. Kovar and Hannibal I'm not that fussed about personally. I'd be very disappointed if Amad gets sold, so we'd be in agreement there :D.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seems to have started his loan spell really well with back to back MOTM displays.

AltiUn

Seems to have started his loan spell really well with back to back MOTM displays.

What League are Grimsby in, is it 2? Haven’t heard their name in years.

Gungerz

Clean sheet + named MOTM in a 2-0 win over AFC Wimbledon.

Former United schoolboy Ben Woods scored an absolute belter for Accrington's second.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's started off very well thus far, and it's said he was solid and confident again against AFC Wimbledon. The highlights below are against MK Dons, and from the highlights he looks very confident and assured in what he's doing. I don't think there's a big emphasis on playing out from the back with Accrington, but Vitek does show a good understanding of when to sweep up on a number of occasions in the game.

Against Grimsby below, where he again looked very confident and assured.

Last edited:

Varun1

Looks assured.
How's Bishop doing for Sunderland?

Demaw

I have mentioned him for years and really hope he can move forward. Love to see a keeper come through and paly in the first team.