Raiola: Pogba will stay

Zoo

Some positive news!

Last edited:

fezzerUTD

Probably because no one can afford to buy him/pay his wages.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So we will have more threads throughout next season like how we should consider selling one of our best player.

Cloud7

Yay :devil:

I look forward to more of the Pogba Bruno link up next season

DannyDee

Now lets get that extension wrapped up.

But, this was obvious. Outside of maybe PSG, there was no market for him due to the combined transfer fee and his wages.

Skills

Snitch
Well that's pretty obvious. Question is, if he's leaving on a free again next summer

0le

The sentences in that tweet are structured in an odd way.

DarkLord

Probably because no one can afford to buy him/pay his wages.
This. Most football clubs except for City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG won't be able to afford his transfer fee and pay his wages. I am sure if someone wants him badly enough like PSG with Neymar, someone would pay but those clubs probably realize that for his transfer fee and wages, it doesn't justify the cost because their team's midfield is pretty well-stacked. Suddenly, our high headcount is a blessing in disguise because no one can realistically afford our players so we are in a situation where we can't get rid of our mediocre players but as well as our top players.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ole's first real test will be getting Pogba to play at a consistently high level.

RedNed77

Didn't even take the first page
I acknowledge he’s technically our best player and him staying is possibly a very good thing for our club, but I’m not naive enough to think if there was a long queue for his services we wouldn’t have had this Raiola statement. Red through and through, he is not.

Feck off if you think Madrid/Bayern/Barca/PSG were offering stupid money for him and making a big deal about how much they want him, this would be the same statement from the fat pizza boy.

That being said, it’s great news and solves a massive issue for us in midfield.

Utdstar01

Glazers will be lapping this up, making any transfer activity unnecessary.

el3mel

Expected from a long time I guess. He seems to be committed to us now, and we're in CL again with a very good team, beside the current market state. No reason for him to leave.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I acknowledge he’s technically our best player and him staying is possibly a very good thing for our club, but I’m not naive enough to think if there was a long queue for his services we wouldn’t have had this Raiola statement. Red through and through, he is not.

Feck off if you think Madrid/Bayern/Barca/PSG were offering stupid money for him and making a big deal about how much they want him, this would be the same statement from the fat pizza boy.

That being said, it’s great news and solves a massive issue for us in midfield.
Okay. Whatever helps you sleep better

Nori-

This doesn't really change much. We kind of knew Pogba was staying from his own comments over the last few weeks.

The real issue is, will he be signing a new contract and we protect his value or will he stay another year without signing and his value plummets next summer?

dev1l

Raiola says he ll be discussing an extension. Remains to be seen what Pogba s demands will be.

SATA

If he stays, it’s better he signs an extension to protect his value on our part. I wouldn’t want him to go on a free in a year and a half

BlahRules

I wonder if they going to do an Martial on us again. Crap window and then drop the new contract extension to avoid unrest from the fans.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Some positive news!
Riola saying the project is important is positive. He wouldnt be saying that if we didn't plan to improve the side. Hes not the type to mince he words or keep his player at a club that is not showing ambition. Heres hoping

ti vu

Hopefully the contract talk go well. Knowing Raiola, he may make it sound good when his clients ain't in position of power, just to drag thing out eventually (the closer to the end of contract the more power player has), trying to squeeze as much money out of the clubs. Zlatan situation is the latest example. Everyone know Zlatan wants to stay at Milan, Fat fecker still finds way to drag it out regarding Milan conviction.

Edit: Donnarumma is on his last year of his contract, and Raiola is posturing on this deal.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I mean it’s good news, but I’m not going to pretend I don’t think he’s only coming out with this after whoring him around Europe only to find no takers. If Real or PSG were prepared to cough up 100m plus I think his tone would be very different.

Basically he needs to put his money where his mouth is and sign a new deal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Riola saying the project is important is positive. He wouldnt be saying that if we didn't plan to improve the side. Hes not the type to mince he words or keep his player at a club that is not showing ambition. Heres hoping
Don't do it to yourself bud.

This is to cover himself from making the most outrageous U turn ever of trying to force him out, and now he's suddenly happy.

The second he wasn't being sold this summer, it was always going to lead to a new contract as he won't want to miss out on money!

Doesn't stop him trying to leave again next summer if we come 5th

sp_107

What if he stays with out signing a new contract and leaves next season for free. How do you remember Pogba and Riola if that happens?