Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

Does anyone actually think we wouldn’t have done better with Carrick as caretaker ?
We would be miles better under Carrick

All this talk about 'its all the players and the manager is powerless' is bullshit. it's not like we are asking him to beat Real Madrid, under Ralf we have embarrassed ourselves against some of the dregs of the Premier league.

Loon

:lol:
The clowns that have defended this idiot will be made to look very silly in pre-season.

We play Palace in a couple of weeks and then 2 weeks into pre-season on July 18th.

I guarantee the performances will be chalk and cheese even though we won't have many if any new players signed.
I truly hope you’re right. Let‘s see this time next year.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

I m guessing this hasn't really worked out :lol: . The hype for him was unreal at the time. The "godfather of the gegenpressing". Have other managers speaking well of him. This just shows how important emotional intelligence is in football. Eth better learn from this and not try to emulate Ralf so much.

crossy1686

career ending
In what world can a team with Cavani, Lingard, Bruno, Sancho, Fred, McTominay not play in a pressing team?

He was bought in to play a certain way before getting a new manager and for some reason completely stopped because his ridiculous 4222 didn’t work.
They can but they haven't got the legs around them to do it. We've seen them waving for others to get involved plenty of times this season, then they give up because if the others don't press there's no point in them pressing. You have to do it as a unit and we don't have the required physicality to do it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ralf fans have a weird way of coping. Just admit he's crap.
They'll never admit it. Even if ETH turns things around they'll say RR was the catalyst. Too arrogant to admit they're wrong

stevoc

Because he's working miracles behind the scenes and single-handedly saving the club.
Well I wish that was true, we have to hope he's been doing something positive these last 6 months. Because his tenure as manager has seen us become the worst United side in the PL era.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I can’t wait for Austria to start playing beautiful gegenpress football & then have the CAF explode about why he didn’t get our lads doing it.

Well he tried and they done it all for 30mins against Palace.

For Tuchel & Klopp both to sing his praises, he must be doing something right, he can’t be this bad.

It’s the fecking players!!!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The worst. No wonder the club have made no attempt to have him stick around.

R'hllor

Ralf fans have a weird way of coping. Just admit he's crap.
Admit he is crap? You telling me? Said many times he is a hard failure, dont worry, unlike you i am not a X manager drone.

You are starting to sound like Amadeus
Why, because 20le sent us into stone age with his 300mil rebuild, where he managed to assemble most disliked bunch of cnuts, that are stealing a living, squad that after 3 years under him are so unfit that they cant press more than 15min, squad that during whole his tenure are/were clueless in final third, thank God for counter attacking side at least.

pascell

This one is a dead rubber yes, but it is for Brighton too.

I defy anyone to say Rangnick has made any improvement to anything on the pitch.
This is no better than the Ole half season.
The manager has obviously challenged them to finish the season strongly, as they can set some positive records.

He hasn't because the players haven't allowed it, there's some very deep rooted problems in that dressing room that need to be addressed this summer.

Matthew1972

He should be sacked TODAY. But he won't be.

There must be shite all else to do in Manchester when United play. I cannot understand why the fans continue to fill the seats at Old Trafford for this disgusting quality of play. I mean, boycotting games is the ONLY way to send a message to the club (yes I know they're in Brighton today).

L1nk

There must be shite all else to do in Manchester when United play. I cannot understand why the fans continue to fill the seats at Old Trafford for this disgusting quality of play. I mean, boycotting games is the ONLY way to send a message to the club (yes I know they're in Brighton today).
What's the point in sacking him? He's gone in 1 more game anyway? :houllier:

Dan_F

They can but they haven't got the legs around them to do it. We've seen them waving for others to get involved plenty of times this season, then they give up because if the others don't press there's no point in them pressing. You have to do it as a unit and we don't have the required physicality to do it.
That’s a whole front six there, not to mention Elanga. Physicality has feck all to do with us not being able to pass the ball. I’m not having for a second that Welbeck, trossard, Groß are more “physical” than our lot. It’s bollocks.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I can’t wait for Austria to start playing beautiful gegenpress football & then have the CAF explode about why he didn’t get our lads doing it.

For Tuchel & Klopp both to sing his praises, he must be doing something right, he can’t be this bad.

Pep praises Bielsa, the same Bielsa who will have the biggest hand in Leeds probably getting relegated. It means feck all

crossy1686

career ending
Some big claims as to what Ten Hag will be able to do with this bunch of players considering most have not seen more than 3 full games a season of his Ajax team.

Loon

:lol:
Some big claims as to what Ten Hag will be able to do with this bunch of players considering most have not seen more than 3 full games a season of his Ajax team.
I hope he has seen enough and bins a lot of them. The manager is a disaster, but these guys are not showing anything.

crossy1686

career ending
That’s a whole front six there, not to mention Elanga. Physicality has feck all to do with us not being able to pass the ball. I’m not having for a second that Welbeck, trossard, Groß are more “physical” than our lot. It’s bollocks.
Even if they press, the opposition go long and Lindelöf doesn't win a header or Telles is out of position and they're through on goal. We're just shit and it doesn't matter what we do or don't do. We can't defend and we can't score, we're totally dysfunctional.

OverratedOpinion

To be fair even getting what Ole got out of this team for a couple of seasons would be a dramatic improvement on what Rangnick has managed. I think we all hope Ten Hag is a better coach than Ole.

Flexdegea

Blowing my mind after everyone watching how this season has went and how the players have been reacting, after they already got a manager sacked who they seemed to like........they think Ralf at blame here :lol:

Only way anyone could get a tune out of this exact squad right now is if they had the power to gas them and buy players.

ETH will get that in the summer with so many leaving, and the new recruits coming in.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Really don't like how he brought Maguire on at 4-0 down. He needs to stay out of the team until ten Hag decides to use him next season. Phil Jones is right there. Bring him on. We're getting battered and the season is dead anyway.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I just pray that they rip up the consultancy gig. He shouldn't be anywhere near this club!

Worst manager since Fergie by a mile.

crossy1686

career ending
To be fair even getting what Ole got out of this team for a couple of seasons would be a dramatic improvement on what Rangnick has managed. I think we all hope Ten Hag is a better coach than Ole.
You would hope he is but we're also down 4 coaching staff since Ole left and if we don't bring in top coached Ten Hag can't do it all on his own.

Matt851

He picks a team and said team plays like they've never kicked a ball in their life, so it's the managers fault? Great logic.
He picks players who are consistently lazy and uninterested and they continue to perform in that manor.

Obviously he isn't solely to blame for this shit show but he has also been massively underwhelming

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
United players can’t pass to each other, defend with each other, no chances outside of wonder passes, can’t read the space, can’t dribble. What tools does the manager have to work with really?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

How can you sack a guy who is only manager until the end of the season? Which is 1 game away anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.