Random footballers from years gone by that you remember for no reason...

Chipper

Adulterer.
Tommy Widdrington
Neil Redfearn
Robert Fleck
Junior Agogo
Stan Lazaridis
Paul Furlong

witchtrials

David Unsworth. All I remember of him is transferring twice in the same summer.

Captmfla

Best player in the world? Benito Carbone

Can shoot, can head, can volley!

Bole Top

Dos Santos, attacking midfielder who was at Bayern around the same time as Breno. always transfer listed or loaned in fm.

Dante is still playing somehow.

Emerson only retired in 2020 :lol: yes, that Emerson :houllier:

black country red

Gabby Agbonalar became he was unbelievably shit and now his face comes up on my sports feed spouting shit

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Juan Pablo Angel, forgettable Villa striker, was also a bit of a dreamboat wasn't he?

No one will ever forget Dean Windass's name.

Remember Newcastle centre-back Nikos Dabizas? On a similar theme; he's Greek, he's great, he'll smash yer dinner plates, Samaras! Samaras!

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Today I found myself thinking about Andrew Impey, who was a midfielder if I recall right, in a Leicester team that also had Steve Guppy and Muzzy Izzet. There was also a young, widely-admired striking talent called Emile Heskey leading the line. Many observers watched his progress with a keen eye and thought he was destined for an outstanding career in the game.

Andrew Impey, everybody.

Last edited:

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Julian Joachim. Scored a great goal once or twice.

What a fkn great goal. Picked it up in his own half as well . I love an outside of the boot finish.

He didn't turn out to be that special though, did he? Decent but not great player?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Ludek Miklosko
Tony Daley
Micah Hyde
Fan Zhiyi
Andy Hessenthaler
Didier Domi

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Ludek Miklosko
Tony Daley
Micah Hyde
Fan Zhiyi
Andy Hessenthaler
Didier Domi
I don't remember any of these :confused: Where did they play? Actually Tony Daley was at Villa.

Last edited:

Doracle

Today I found myself thinking about Andrew Impey, who was a midfielder if I recall right, in a Leicester team that also had Steve Guppy and Muzzy Izzet. There was also a young, widely-admired striking talent called Emile Heskey leading the line. Many observers watched his progress with a keen eye and thought he was destined for an outstanding career in the game.

Meanwhile at the other end of the pitch, they had an ageing centre half called Gary Pallister marshalling the defence. For a good while I thought of him as that guy who played for Leicester until I found out, much to my surprise that he was a legend at Manchester United and that he formed one half of a famous partnership with Birmingham City's thickset manager Steve Bruce.

Andrew Impey, everybody.

Erm, Pallister never played for Leicester.

Bartondale

Gabby Agbonalar became he was unbelievably shit and now his face comes up on my sports feed spouting shit
Talking of Gabby, I recall Gabby Yorath's dad.
Can't remember his Christian name but he was a footballer who was not as much fun as his daughter.
So I'll talk about her instead.

TV sports presenter Gabby is married to a former Scottish rugby player. A few years ago they played that game, who would you sleep with if you were guaranteed never to be exposed.
The hubby revealed his fantasy before Gabby named an All Black rugby player who was currently playing for New Zealand.

A few months later the happy couple had an early morning spat before leaving for work without talking to each other. At the time the Rugby World Cup was taking place in England and Gabby's job that day was to interview various players for a programme due to be broadcast later that week.

Gabby arrived at a London hotel where the interviews were scheduled to take place and found herself alone in the lift with her All Black fantasy. She took a selfie of her and the rugby star, send it to her husband then switched off her mobile phone for the rest of the day.

Gabby is still married and the All Black never knew what he missed.
Or did he?

Oranges038

What a fkn great goal. Picked it up in his own half as well . I love an outside of the boot finish.

He didn't turn out to be that special though, did he? Decent but not great player?
Aye, played a good bit for Villa in the 90s. Scored the odd good goal, but not great.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Talking of Gabby, I recall Gabby Yorath's dad.
Can't remember his Christian name but he was a footballer who was not as much fun as his daughter.
So I'll talk about her instead.

TV sports presenter Gabby is married to a former Scottish rugby player. A few years ago they played that game, who would you sleep with if you were guaranteed never to be exposed.
The hubby revealed his fantasy before Gabby named an All Black rugby player who was currently playing for New Zealand.

A few months later the happy couple had an early morning spat before leaving for work without talking to each other. At the time the Rugby World Cup was taking place in England and Gabby's job that day was to interview various players for a programme due to be broadcast later that week.

Gabby arrived at a London hotel where the interviews were scheduled to take place and found herself alone in the lift with her All Black fantasy. She took a selfie of her and the rugby star, send it to her husband then switched off her mobile phone for the rest of the day.

Gabby is still married and the All Black never knew what he missed.
Or did he?
Haha, she's one of my favourites. I thought she was stupidly attractive at one point. I follow her on Instagram and she still looks pretty good for 50 tbf.

She's not risque or provocative in any way though. Just seems like a middle aged mum who loves her adult kids, dresses her ages, speak well, and cares about the issues and causes she's interested in. Not much there to fill the wank bank with.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
This guy is great. He's so in love in his local premier division club. His father played for them, he grew up going to the stadium to watch them play, signed for the club and played ~100 games for them, went abroad to play in Italy and England, when he came back, he signed for Brann again, another 100 games before he needed to step down a level, did tv punditry for a while where he kept mentioning Brann, then did a newspaper podcast dedicated to Brann, and now he's back in their coaching set-up.
Nice story to read, thanks!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Christopher Wreh and Luis Boa Morte

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Ludek Miklosko
Tony Daley
Micah Hyde
Fan Zhiyi
Andy Hessenthaler
Didier Domi
Am I missing something or are you talking about Micah Hyde, the defensive back drafted by the Green Bay Packers?

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Christopher Wreh and Luis Boa Morte
I loved that team Fulham put together with Al Fayed's money. Steed Malbranque was one of my favourites. Tricky, skillful little player who I always thought should have got a move further up the league. Saha was someone I really rated as well, so it was annoying when you lot signed him.

And on that note:

Rufus Brevett

Barry Hayles

Chipper

Adulterer.
I don't remember any of these :confused: Where did they play? Actually Tony Daley was at Villa.
Miklosko was the West Ham Goalie for most of the 90s.

You're right about Daley. Without looking, I think he won 3 or 4 England caps so he was fairly high profile.

Fan Zhiyi was a Chinese player for Palace. City had Sun Jihai at around the same time.

Hessenthaler was never in the Premier League. Don't know exactly know how I remember him, but he was a bit of a Gillingham stalwart. Played there for many seasons and went on to manage them.

Domi was a French defender who was at Newcastle for a bit around the turn of the century.

Am I missing something or are you talking about Micah Hyde, the defensive back drafted by the Green Bay Packers?
Micah Hyde is this guy, played for Watford - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micah_Hyde_(footballer)

HTG

Supports
Bayern

You're right about Daley. Without looking, I think he won 3 or 4 England caps so he was fairly high profile.

Fan Zhiyi was a Chinese player for Palace. City had Sun Jihai at around the same time.

Hessenthaler was never in the Premier League. Don't know exactly know how I remember him, but he was a bit of a Gillingham stalwart. Played there for many seasons and went on to manage them.

Domi was a French defender who was at Newcastle for a bit around the turn of the century.

Micah Hyde is this guy, played for Watford - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micah_Hyde_(footballer)
Oh. Ok. That’s random.

Chipper

Adulterer.
No way, I've found my holy grail! I was never sure if this existed or if I had some sort of false memory. I've searched for it before with no luck.

Tony Daley modelled shell suits for an obscure clothing brand called Osabisa in home shopping catalogues. I didn't have the one I'm linking to, mine was much louder in oranges, yellows and reds.

Here he is alongside Gary and Michelle Lineker modelling Greyhound ones, whatever they were!

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool

Nice one. Yeah actually I remember Domi as well. Don't remember a Chinese player at Palace but I remember Everton accidentally signing two of them when they got a Chinese shirt sponsor.