Random referees you remember

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Who are some random referees you always remember for some reason or for no reason at all?

Anders Frisk - Hit by a coin in a champions league match and was bleeding from the head. Also the referee that was accused by Mourinho of inviting Riijkard into his room at half time during a Chelsea - Barca match.

Kim Nielsen - Sent Beckham off at the 98 World Cup.

Uriah Rennie

Rob Styles

Urs Meier - Disallowed a Sol Campell goal at Euro 2004.

Horacio Elizondo - Sent Zidane off for the headbutt.

Markus Merk

Nicola Rizzoli

Pierluigi Collina

Cuneyt Cakir - Nani red card

ti vu

The referee from this friendly match
Made everyone look like high schooler, when there was confrontations. We're talking about Keane, Zlatan here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Uriah Rennie, first black referee I ever saw.
Also the Sikh ref, forgot his name now
Graham Poll

DepaysCowboyHat

Ovrebo, Collina, Skomina and Felix Brych are the first ones that come up in my mind.

Gums

I‘ll never remember the best refs I‘ve ever witnessed. That‘s how you know they were the best. The same reason why I don‘t want chefs to introduce themselves to me while I eat their meal. Do your job and be invisible.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I can actually remember more 90s refs names than the current ones...weird way my brain works. :lol:

Graham Barber, Neale Barry, Martin Bodenham etc, those were prem refs when I first started watching football. Also Paul Allock who infamous was pushed over by Di Canio, he passed away a few years back.

Steve Dunn was another, he looked about 20 stone so if you think Jon Moss is overweight then look that guy up.

Ramos

Sandor Puhl

Byron Moreno (that guy from Italy vs South Korea)

Peter Prendergast (that Wilmots goal!)

Graham Poll (and his 3 yellow cards to Simunic)

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Joe Worrall. Annoying little fecker from Warrington. Always used to favour the scouse. I am sure he was the ref when Bang Average LFC defender David Burrows faked a headbutt off Hughesesy perm

Oranges038

Bobby Madley - for no reason at all.

Markus Merk - just for his name.

Hugh Dallas - because he seemingly refereed every SPL game for about 20 years.

Thiagoal

it was great when we were successful how bitter everyone was towards Howard Webb and his ‘bias’ shown towards us! How I long for those days

Anustart89

it was great when we were successful how bitter everyone was towards Howard Webb and his ‘bias’ shown towards us! How I long for those days
Remember when he gave us that penalty against Spurs and then decided that it should be worth five goals so we could turn the game around and win 5-2? That was a good one by old Howie.

Jaae

Not ITK
Steve Bennett was a regular back in the day. You’ll probably remember the face rather than the name.

big rons sovereign

The referee from this friendly match
Made everyone look like high schooler, when there was confrontations. We're talking about Keane, Zlatan here.
Christ, look at that team and how they pop the ball around compared to the shit we watch now :mad:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The swedish dude that quit, because Mourinho wanted him killed.

Was it the fecking disgrace guy?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The swedish dude that quit, because Mourinho wanted him killed.

Was it the fecking disgrace guy?
:lol: is that how far the narrative has spun in 20 years? Mourinho the lord master of the Chelsea fans jedi mind tricked them into sending the ref death threats.

The fecking disgrace guy was in fact Norwegian.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol: is that how far the narrative has spun in 20 years? Mourinho the lord master of the Chelsea fans jedi mind tricked them into sending the ref death threats.

The fecking disgrace guy was in fact Norwegian.
I have no Idea I just remember someone quiting over death threats.

Mou is obviously a sith though.

Offsideagain

Blind Howard Webb who somehow didn’t see Balotelli tap dancing on Scott Parkers head despite being six feet away in a game Spurs would have won if Balotelli had been sent off. I think the bitters won it with a dodgy Yaya falling over penalty in the last minute. Webb also thought Nigel DeJong kicking a player in the chest was a yellow card because it was the World Cup final.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
David Ellery