Rangnick's Press Conference - Brentford

Pavl3n

I love his answer to the last question. Bold and clear - If the player wants something - he comes and he informs us, I couldn't care less about his agent.
Ole wouldn't have been that straight and he would've left the debate open at 50/50, with praise towards the player inserted in his answer. Something like "We'll deal with it behind closed doors and I won't comment on the situation, because Martial is a top bloke, who always conducts himself well in training".
While Ralf's comments ringed a "the player is not bigger than the club" and "if you want something - you come to me".

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I love his answer to the last question. Bold and clear - If the player wants something - he comes and he informs us, I couldn't care less about his agent.
Ole wouldn't have been that straight and he would've left the debate open at 50/50, with praise towards the player inserted in his answer. Something like "We'll deal with it behind closed doors and I won't comment on the situation, because Martial is a top bloke, who always conducts himself well in training".
While Ralf's comments ringed a "the player is not bigger than the club" and "if you want something - you come to me".
Agreed. Privately I'd be surprised if Ralf thought much about Martial, so he's able to give an answer that's both factually true and catnip for us fans; 'agents are dickheads, I don't speak to them, players need to speak to me or the club directly'.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
:drool: