3) Mata
4) Maguire
5) Matic
6) Fred
7) Mctominay
8) Martial
9) Lindelof

The rest are below average
Greenwood is a very good passer of the ball. In fact, quite a few of the kids are. Though I guess some of them haven't shown it as much in the first team, hence the "what I've seen".

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If that were true Man Utd wouldn't be anywhere near average
This isnt a factual comment and you knowit.

Fans get so used to critcizing their own players they forget that even a player like Phil Jones would absolutely destroy every single person on this forum 1 on 1.

billybee99

Fans get so used to critcizing their own players they forget that even a player like Phil Jones would absolutely destroy every single person on this forum 1 on 1.
Yeah well we're not talking about people on this forum, we're talking about professional footballers in the EPL and in that league, Phil Jones isn't beating anyone 1 on 1 without pulling a hamstring or tearing a ligament. Stop being so sensitive and butt hurt all the time Tom Cato; it's a thread rating passers from best to worst so someone's bound to come last but, as usual, Tom Cato wants to give everyone trophy for showing up.

Aouer-United

Mctominay is not even better than Martial and Lindelof you mentioned when it comes to passing, I feel like Mctominay is very limited with his passing and he's very one-footed.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Mctominay is not even better than Martial and Lindelof you mentioned when it comes to passing, I feel like Mctominay is very limited with his passing and he's very one-footed.
It's my opinion really not facts. I think Mctominay this season has really improved his passing and Lindelof's is overrated and Martial's is underrated

Trex

Pogba
Bruno
Mata
Greenwood
Martial
Rashford
Maguire
Fred
Matic
Lindelof
Shaw
Am a big mctominay fan but passing is not one of his strength

The Original

He obviously meant average passing for premier league players. On that scale, players in relegation level teams are generally below average, and those in title contending teams are generally above average.

Kindly be guided.

-Supreme-

As some have said Shaw is very underrated

And Mata is overrated by comparison

Grande

Short passing in tight spaces: 1. Gomes 2. Shaw 3. Martial
Long diagonals: 1. Pogba, 2. McTominay 3. Bruno
Through balls: 1. Bruno 2. Mata 3. Pogba
Heel flicks: 1. Rashford 2. Bruno 3. Gomes
Medium range spontaneous blind passes: 1. Fred 2. Bailly 3. Bruno
One-twos: 1. Mata 2. Rashford 3. Bruno
50 yard pass behind the lines: 1. Pogba 2. Lindelöf 3. Pereirb (= almost Pereira)
Constructive pass out of own box: 1. Bailly 2. Maguire 3. Shaw
Safe standard passing: 1. Mata 2. Lindelöf 3. McTominay

Andersonson

Short passing in tight spaces: 1. Gomes 2. Shaw 3. Martial
Long diagonals: 1. Pogba, 2. McTominay 3. Bruno
Through balls: 1. Bruno 2. Mata 3. Pogba
Heel flicks: 1. Rashford 2. Bruno 3. Gomes
Medium range spontaneous blind passes: 1. Fred 2. Bailly 3. Bruno
One-twos: 1. Mata 2. Rashford 3. Bruno
50 yard pass behind the lines: 1. Pogba 2. Lindelöf 3. Pereirb (= almost Pereira)
Constructive pass out of own box: 1. Bailly 2. Maguire 3. Shaw
Safe standard passing: 1. Mata 2. Lindelöf 3. McTominay
You Bailly biggest fan or what?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
The level of the team is clearly a reflection of the level of its players. Do you dispute this?
Yeah but what's that got to do with passing?

You could have the best 11 passers of the ball on the planet in your team, but if they didn't have the stamina to get up and down the pitch for 90+ minutes, and no great level of game-understanding they'd be a piss-poor team, no?

GazTheLegend

Based on what I've seen

1) Pogba
2) Bruno
3) Mata
4) Maguire
5) Matic
6) Fred
7) Mctominay
8) Martial
9) Lindelof

The rest are below average
The only thing that's got me is that you picked 9 players.

What an incredibly arbitrary number. Not 10, (I.E. all outfield players), not including goalkeepers or squad players.

A best of nine passers and for some reason my brain is exploding at the thought :lol:

And you didn't bother with Rashford. And - LSJHFdegf my brain, arrghhhhhhhh

The Original

Yeah but what's that got to do with passing?

You could have the best 11 passers of the ball on the planet in your team, but if they didn't have the stamina to get up and down the pitch for 90+ minutes, and no great level of game-understanding they'd be a piss-poor team, no?
I said what I initially said in the context of what you initially said, which was that if they were below average they wouldn't be anywhere near utd.

Going by what you have just posted, it's clear they could be at utd, despite having relatively poor passing ability, for other reasons such as being good defensively, possessing extraordinary pace and/or dribbling or having other traits. No?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I said what I initially said in the context of what you initially said, which was that if they were below average they wouldn't be anywhere near utd.

Going by what you have just posted, it's clear they could be at utd, despite having relatively poor passing ability, for other reasons such as being good defensively, possessing extraordinary pace and/or dribbling or having other traits. No?
Erm, no

SpyLuke10

Pogba has the best passing range. But Bruno is the best at playing through balls.

If I want a medium-long range curling through ball then Pogba. If I want a quick long range switch then Pogba. If I want quick one touch passing and then a wonderful chipped through ball through to Martial, then Bruno. If anyone at United is crossing, I'd want it to be Bruno, but then again I'd want Pogba to be at the end of it, he's a good header of the ball.

Grande

You Bailly biggest fan or what?
I love him when he’s in The Zone, I fear him when he’s not, I never really know from minute to minuteif he is or not. He does have a knack of hitting ambitious ball out of defence and hitting our guy, but notice that he’s not on my‘safe passing’ list, which really is preferable for a CB when push comes to shove.

Utdstar01

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it but Williams actually has very good passing. Definitely isn't below average and i'd say he's a better passer than Lindelof.

Untd55

Pogba
Fernandes
Fred
Matic
Shaw
Mata
Maguire
Lindelof
Rashford
Martial
Williams

McTominay
Pereira
Lingard
James

edcunited1878

Defenders: Maguire, Shaw, Lindelof, AWB, Bailly, Dalot, Williams, Jones, Tuanzebe
Midfielders: Pogba, Bruno, Matic, Fred, Mata, McTominay, Pereria, Lingard
Forwards: Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, James, Ighalo, Chong

Top Six: Pogba, Bruno, Matic, Fred, Martial, Maguire

jamesjimmybyrondean

The only thing that's got me is that you picked 9 players.

What an incredibly arbitrary number. Not 10, (I.E. all outfield players), not including goalkeepers or squad players.

A best of nine passers and for some reason my brain is exploding at the thought :lol:

And you didn't bother with Rashford. And - LSJHFdegf my brain, arrghhhhhhhh
:lol::lol:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I like Bruno's vision but sometimes his execution doesn't match that. I don't think he's better than Mata in terms of accuracy of passing. If we combine vision with execution I'd go with the below.

Pogba
Mata
Fernandes
Maguire

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not that I think he's the best in the squad, but I think Rashford's a very good passer. Like Rooney, he's pretty consistent at spreading the ball out to the right wing when he comes deep for the ball. Pretty much always finds his man. Also, he's shown he has an eye for a killer pass to unlock a defence, though those aren't as consistent.

It looks pretty basic, but one of my favourite passes this season was away to City on the break to Dan James I think it was. In general, I think his weight of passing is very good.

thepolice123

Strange to see Maguire mentioned, I think he is by far our best ball carrying defender but his passing is decent to average.

-Supreme-

Not that I think he's the best in the squad, but I think Rashford's a very good passer. Like Rooney, he's pretty consistent at spreading the ball out to the right wing when he comes deep for the ball. Pretty much always finds his man. Also, he's shown he has an eye for a killer pass to unlock a defence, though those aren't as consistent.

It looks pretty basic, but one of my favourite passes this season was away to City on the break to Dan James I think it was. In general, I think his weight of passing is very good.
You couldn't be more wrong with his passing ablity and very strange to compare him with Rooney. By the way I don't particularly rate Rooney that highly myself...

I have no doubt he delivered some nice crossfield passes as do most footballers but he is nowhere near good enough to do this consistently as you have described

Yagami

Good post resistant
You couldn't be more wrong with his passing ablity and very strange to compare him with Rooney. By the way I don't particularly rate Rooney that highly myself...

I have no doubt he delivered some nice crossfield passes as do most footballers but he is nowhere near good enough to do this consistently as you have described
Well, you don't rate Rooney, so I guess it's best we leave it there.

-Supreme-

Well, you don't rate Rooney, so I guess it's best we leave it there.
Theres a difference between I don't rate Rooney and I don't rate him as highly as you do.

I'd even say Rooney would be insulted to compare his passing ability to Rashford especially his famous crossfield pass