5] Beckenbauer
6] Platini
7] Ronaldo
8] Cristiano
9] Messi
10] Eusebio

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Ronaldo's ability to replicate his form for his country as well as other top clubs around the world is what sets him apart imo.
I think most of the greats would perform in other great clubs. Ronaldo played for Saf's united, had a team built around in him in a massive galactico era in Madrid and is now playing for Juve who's walked 8 league titles in a row and generally made in far in the CL.

But yeah Ronaldo is one of the greatest, but I don't feel it sets him apart from the other greatest.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. L Ronaldo
4. Di Stefano
5. Messi
6. C.Ronaldo
7. Bobby Charlton
8. George Best
9. Puskas
10. Romario
11. Eusebio
12. Beckenbauer
13. Muller
14. Rooney
15. Platini
16. Koeman
17. Matthaus
18. Garrincha
19. Henry
20. Zola

Top 10 is in order but after that it's players who popped in to my head.
I am pleased that you have selected Bobby Charlton but would have added the great Bobby Moore.

Stacks

I think most of the greats would perform in other great clubs. Ronaldo played for Saf's united, had a team built around in him in a massive galactico era in Madrid and is now playing for Juve who's walked 8 league titles in a row and generally made in far in the CL.

But yeah Ronaldo is one of the greatest, but I don't feel it sets him apart from the other greatest.
You could say that for every top player. They all played with top players, had their sides built around them and played for the best teams under the best managers

Gehrman

You could say that for every top player. They all played with top players, had their sides built around them and played for the best teams under the best managers
Apart from players like Alan Shearer. Imagine him being supplied by Scholes, Giggs and Beckham.

And Maradonna

billybee99

1. CR7
2. Messi
3. Maradona

---HUGE GAP---

4. Ronaldo
5. Zidane
6. Maldini
7. Pogba
8. Iniesta
9. Ibrahimovic
10. Buffon

11. - 20. - Too many great players to pick from, and impossible to think of any reasonable order.

#1 is a no-brainer for me. Every club trophy imaginable, won stuff with NT, most goals and assists in CL, proved himself in different leagues. I won't argue with anyone picking Messi but honestly I don't see any logical explanation other than "I think his style is prettier." Still, Messi is a clear #2 for me. Maradona was a more dominant and braver character than Messi, perhaps more talented too, but lost his battle to addictions. Shame!

Maradona is also the only pre-90s player I'd pick, because I believe he's the only legend who would actually live up to his reputation in contemporary football. The likes of Pele or Cruyff deserve respect and admiration as pioneers, but can you imagine them trying to get past modern defenders? Just watch any Pele compilation on Youtube, it's pub league opposition against him.
You do realize that in 30 years, imbeciles like yourself, will look at clips of Messi putting Boateng and Milner on their collective arses and say the same thing, right? Great players like Messi and CR7 and, yes, Pele and Cruyff, make defenders look like Pub League defenders. Imagine Pele up against the Chuckle Brothers or Dejan Lovren. Jesus, what a shit show that would be.

Gehrman

Please don't remind me about Shearer. One of the biggest "what ifs". Shearer and Cantona. Jeeeez.
Is Harry kane the greatest british striker for the last 5 years playing for the best british team?

Stacks

1. CR7
2. Messi
3. Maradona

---HUGE GAP---

4. Ronaldo
5. Zidane
6. Maldini
7. Pogba
8. Iniesta
9. Ibrahimovic
10. Buffon

11. - 20. - Too many great players to pick from, and impossible to think of any reasonable order.

#1 is a no-brainer for me. Every club trophy imaginable, won stuff with NT, most goals and assists in CL, proved himself in different leagues. I won't argue with anyone picking Messi but honestly I don't see any logical explanation other than "I think his style is prettier." Still, Messi is a clear #2 for me. Maradona was a more dominant and braver character than Messi, perhaps more talented too, but lost his battle to addictions. Shame!

Maradona is also the only pre-90s player I'd pick, because I believe he's the only legend who would actually live up to his reputation in contemporary football. The likes of Pele or Cruyff deserve respect and admiration as pioneers, but can you imagine them trying to get past modern defenders? Just watch any Pele compilation on Youtube, it's pub league opposition against him.
Pogba in the list over Xavi Kaka Totti and Ronaldinho? Del Piero? Zlatan. Humour at its best