Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Honestly, if I was the club I'd tell him he's got a week to decide, if he doesn't want to come we move the feck on. The muppet train waits for no one.
We should run the club - we know what the feck is up

Fooza

Code for staying at Madrid just looking for a new contract. Madrid getting rid of both their CB's in one window sounded too outlandish to be true anyway.
True, he just wants a contract without cuts and higher than what he was, that's all this was. We're being used for a pawn again

M Bison

Supports
York City
The club aren’t daft, they’ll know whether it’s a go-er or not. No way would a club or player wait 3 weeks before deciding what direction to go in. Utterly ridiculous.

Judas

Open to offers
The club aren’t daft, they’ll know whether it’s a go-er or not. No way would a club or player wait 3 weeks before deciding what direction to go in. Utterly ridiculous.
To be fair we've been daft in the past, maybe this new setup is going to be a bit more street smart, but we've been caught out by these sort of antics so I can't be totally convinced.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
As soon as the holiday shite and talk with the manager about their future stuff gets trotted out it generally only ever goes one way.
'The ability to be this negative from the flurry of tweets we've seen tonight is almost impressive. Bravo.'

Your words, by the way.

Rolaholic

'The ability to be this negative from the flurry of tweets we've seen tonight is almost impressive. Bravo.'

Your words, by the way.
Yea a bit strange when we've already signed players after their vacations following major tournaments before.

It's still early days in this window and we seem to have much more purpose and direction in the market this time around so I wouldn't be worried about a holiday changing things

Rolaholic

(Varane nearing United, moving further away from Madrid and shuts door on PSG)

Marca (Madrid and Perez mouthpiece) journo

croadyman

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I hope we figure out quickly if he actually wants to come or not so we can move on.
Just make him an offer that he wants to come... multiple times...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we've approached Real Madrid directly, then I can only assume that we've got the player's blessing to do so. I don't believe we'd approach Madrid directly, if we didn't have the approval of the player.

El-Manos

If we've approached Real Madrid directly, then I can only assume that we've got the player's blessing to do so. I don't believe we'd approach Madrid directly, if we didn't have the approval of the player.
Probably but he could still say no.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely one that is going to run until mid-late July or August IMO. And I think it's worth it. Lindelof isn't that bad but more importantly, you don't just want any random CB that might not sufficiently upgrade on him (feeling with Pau Torres). Varane is a clear upgrade, and getting true top class talent is difficult. Worth going for and waiting for.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Ogden did this the last time we signed someone. Immediately said we were signing someone else and it blew up his timeline.

This is not imminent. It may happen but I am super dubious

Strelok

A bit sad now that Zidane has left Madrid. Heard the guy is obsessed with Pogba. We could very well do a swap.

Widow

Just make him an offer that he wants to come... multiple times...
I should have expected the negative tweets etc...as we have been burnt by Madrid players before but it generally sounded like he wanted to come here, hopefully, he still does.
I just don't want to dance around the issue for a few weeks when his goal is to get a better contract from Madrid.
I am not even sure if Madrid has the cash to give him a better contact TBH. I'm sure that was an issue with Ramos, refusing a pay cut.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
My only worry with this one is that most of the promising news seems to be coming from Spanish reports, a bit of caution being urged by Ducker, Stone etc. I wouldn’t be surprised at him signing a new deal.

Im assuming Ogden’s report was wrong when coming to this conclusion..

I would love him though, I think he’d be great

Judas

Open to offers

Your words, by the way.
:lol: Aye very different situation that one though. Stand by my comments, feel much less confident about this deal right now. See what tomorrow brings! We’ll clearly go for it and see what happens judging by the noises coming out, can’t ask for more than that.

flappyjay

If Varane wants to wait until the end of July then clearly we should look to move on and see if Christian Romero is available from Atalanta. I'd prefer Varane but we can't wait until right before the season begins to bring in a player that is expected to be a starting XI talent.
Yeah waiting puts us in a situation where we end overpaying for someone else late in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.