Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Yeah at least we are trying to make it happen and with enough time to look elsewhere if necessary, however you are right it definitely seems too good to be true much like that 90s ice cream brand I remember
Everything from the 90s was better, except dealing with Real Madrid.

If Perez still needs more money, also because his Super League didn't happen, perhaps there's still shadow of a chance.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Is signing Varane a realistic possibilty this summer? Is he wanting out even with Ancelloti coming onboard?
Would take him here in a heartbeat but with the rumours around moving AWB to CB and possibly getting Trippier in leads me to think we wont be prioritising a CB this summer and all funds will be in Sancho.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
When will Rashford have played against Varane? Is it just me, cause I can't think of one (apart from friendlies)...
We played them in the Super Cup in 17/18 after we won the Europa League. Don't remember if both Rashford and Varane played. Maybe England vs France over the past 5 years?

hubbuh

Pogba is worth much more, it goes beyond their performances on the pitch. Every sponsor of Madrid will be phoning the club up wanting a piece of Pogba modelling their product, this is why he’s paid so highly. You don’t really get that to the same degree with someone like Varane. Pogba reaches a much wider market, so no I absolutely would not accept a straight swap.
How much do you think we can feasibly demand for Pogba given his contract is up next summer, he clearly wants out and he'll want a fat contract wherever he goes? £50m max, any higher and teams will just wait to pick him up for free next summer. I can't imagine Varane is worth much less. Covid has changed things and it's much more of a buyer's market than it was before.

Judas

Open to offers
I just struggle to picture a world where we don't lose Pogba on a free next summer. The lack of talk about him in general is massively surprises, and I think it would take a massive summer from us and a massive wage increase to get him to sign a new deal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just struggle to picture a world where we don't lose Pogba on a free next summer. The lack of talk about him in general is massively surprises, and I think it would take a massive summer from us and a massive wage increase to get him to sign a new deal.
I don’t think it will take a wage increase. Nobody is going to match his current contract with us.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’d rather we went for the lad at Atalanta. He’s on the way up. Quick, aggressive. Half the wages. I really like Varane but I don’t think he’ll leave if he gets a good enough offer from Madrid. He’s also already turned us down for them before.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably just one of the admins of the Man Utd twitter and website having fun/knowing they’ll boost interactions with such a tweet. He just mentions Varane in a list alongside Van Dijk and Ramos.

Leonzo1

Seems very random that our official account will deticate an entire article revealing Varane as Rashford's toughest opponent when they literally never played any significant match against each other. I'm usually late aboard the muppets train but I'm thinking there's something in there.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don’t think it will take a wage increase. Nobody is going to match his current contract with us.
The new club will probably offer a lower salary. But an immense signing on fee/bonus as it would be a free transfer. That’s most probably also Pogba’s and Raiola’s plan.

Dominos

How much do you think we can feasibly demand for Pogba given his contract is up next summer, he clearly wants out and he'll want a fat contract wherever he goes? £50m max, any higher and teams will just wait to pick him up for free next summer. I can't imagine Varane is worth much less. Covid has changed things and it's much more of a buyer's market than it was before.
Varane also only has a year left and wants out (in the scenario he leaves).

Attackers/midfield players generally cost more than defenders and there's the star power factor to consider too. So I'd be hard pressed to think of a good reason Pogba wouldn't be worth at least a little more than Varane.

RedorDead21

Would anyone take Varane as a part exchange for Pogba if that deal is viable to do?
Not unless I’ve spoken to the player and he was happy to come. What’s the point in another Di Maria after handing over Pogba...I don’t mean me personally I’d send random representatives obviously

Dan600

Could anyone see him ending up at PSG? Maybe along with Zidane given Pochettino rumours? Just feels like a non starter to me, can't see him in a United shirt, don't know why.

croadyman

Could anyone see him ending up at PSG? Maybe along with Zidane given Pochettino rumours? Just feels like a non starter to me, can't see him in a United shirt, don't know why.
Well apparently Sport are reporting £75m plus Varane for Mbappe

bosskeano

Varane is starting for France today alongside Kimpembe. Not sure why PSG would want Varane when they have Marquinhos who is fcking brilliant.

croadyman

Varane is starting for France today alongside Kimpembe. Not sure why PSG would want Varane when they have Marquinhos who is fcking brilliant.
He is the one player who is ahead of Varane on my dream CB signings list

Dan600

I suppose but this is PSG :lol: And they probably need FBs more than anything else so probably unlikely.

Still, they could end up with Kimpembe/Varane at CB and Marquinhos in front as DM..

USREDEVIL

Seems very random that our official account will deticate an entire article revealing Varane as Rashford's toughest opponent when they literally never played any significant match against each other. I'm usually late aboard the muppets train but I'm thinking there's something in there.
Now this is the type of muppet reasoning i can get behind. Also they made it mysterious which adds to the intrigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.