Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSG

Look, Varane is using Man United as a negotiation tactic.

after passing on the Ramos extension, there is no way they let Varane go, unless it is part of a bigger move (Mbappe, Haaland, Pogba).

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Sancho £80-90m
Varane - Straight swap for Pogba. He was outstanding against Germany and exactly what we need. A fast commanding CB who's good in the air.
Rice/N'didi/Kessie/Locatelli £40m++
(Dalot back to cover RB)

Dream summer for me. Would need a new back-up keeper if one of DdG or Hendo leave.

Gandalf

Sancho £80-90m
Varane - Straight swap for Pogba. He was outstanding against Germany and exactly what we need. A fast commanding CB who's good in the air.
Rice/N'didi/Kessie/Locatelli £40m++
(Dalot back to cover RB)

Dream summer for me. Would need a new back-up keeper if one of DdG or Hendo leave.
We signed Tom Heaton on a free and with Grant looking likely to extend and Bishop in the wings I think we will be good for GK cover even if one of Ole's two number ones leaves.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

We signed Tom Heaton on a free and with Grant looking likely to extend and Bishop in the wings I think we will be good for GK cover even if one of Ole's two number ones leaves.
Surely Heaton is Grant's replacement as back-up linesman? I don't think I'd be happy with any of those you've mentioned being number 2 keeper.

croadyman

Would love him to join Utd but just can't see it happening.
Yeah definitely in the seems too good to be true category although wonder if it's his demands or actually Madrid's that are the problem IF he actually did want to leave which I still highly doubt especially now Ramos is going

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Look, Varane is using Man United as a negotiation tactic.

after passing on the Ramos extension, there is no way they let Varane go, unless it is part of a bigger move (Mbappe, Haaland, Pogba).
But if Ramos staying was a pre requisite for letting Varane go, they would have surely made better efforts to keep him. The fact that they didn't, and brought Alaba in, makes me think they'd be open to sell Varane.

Varane has been shunning talks since 2018 for a new contract and real need to raise funds so I'd imagine they see this as an opportunity to at least get money in.

Whether Varane wants to come to us as a player however, is another discussion. I have my doubts.

RUCK4444

Come on, let’s go big for this fella.

He would take us up a level and partner Maguire perfectly.

£55 million with some add ons.

Brophs

The One and Only
He and Marquinhos would be a seriously good partnership, presuming his iffy form wasn't a sign of terminal decline and they decide to start playing Marquinhos at the back every week.

RedDevilRoshi

I know the club will see this differently given the links over the last few weeks but for me, I’d prioritise Varane over Sancho every single day of the week.

Varane is just the perfect CB we need next to Maguire.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ramos & Varane to Militão & Alaba in one window.
I read City are sniffing around Ramos, we know Laporte wants to go back to Spain as well, two left footers but I wonder if Real could line up with Laporte and Alaba as their CB's next season?...

Judas

Open to offers
I know the club will see this differently given the links over the last few weeks but for me, I’d prioritise Varane over Sancho every single day of the week.

Varane is just the perfect CB we need next to Maguire.
We're clearly after both though. To be fair Varane is probably a more pressing concern due right now due to there actually being competition for his signature, whereas the Sancho deal is just a matter of time.

RedDevilRoshi

We're clearly after both though. To be fair Varane is probably a more pressing concern due right now due to there actually being competition for his signature, whereas the Sancho deal is just a matter of time.
I know the Sancho deal looks like it is matter of time and will probably be confirmed after England’s exit in the Euros. Personally I thought the Varane one would only happen if we shipped out a few players first on high wages like Lingard, De Gea etc.

The Glazers said a few days ago on the back of the fans forum meeting, we can match any club in the world in terms of transfers fees and wages - well let’s see you put your money where your mouth is Joel.

Sancho would be an excellent signing but one we all know was going to happen. The Varane one for me, sends out a massive statement that we really mean business next season.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

"There's a possibility that no option will convince him to stay at Madrid with the premier league and United being particularly attractive to Varane".

charlenefan

Problem is you can't believe a word of what comes out of the Spanish press, not a word of it

Judas

Open to offers
Problem is you can't believe a word of what comes out of the Spanish press, not a word of it
Yep. Literally years of shite. So many agendas, so much tv and media to fill with pure nonsense.

I want to believe this is on, but I don't, and won't, for quite awhile yet. Been burnt one too many times.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This one goes against what the Spanish tweets insinuate.

In any case PSG have Kimpembe, Marquinos, Keher and Diallo. I think that's only 2 sound choices, of which 1 if I'm not mistaken likes to have some games in midfield. They certainly need a top level centre back so I can see them going for one. The way they can operate I wouldn't be surprised if they just snapped both either :lol:

charlenefan

In any case PSG have Kimpembe, Marquinos, Keher and Diallo. I think that's only 2 sound choices, of which 1 if I'm not mistaken likes to have some games in midfield. They certainly need a top level centre back so I can see them going for one. The way they can operate I wouldn't be surprised if they just snapped both either :lol:
I think PSG are ok for CB's tbh, Kimpembe is decent and Marquinho's is arguably the best in the world at the moment. Doesn't make sense to me them spending big for Varane. Ramos on a free is another matter though

croadyman

Much as there is something I have always liked about Ramos even before the Salah stuff Varane has always been the guy I have wanted us to sign for the last ten years and just don't see Real letting both of them leave, interesting that Ducker who is pretty well connected is reporting something tonight along those lines.

croadyman

We’d still be giving the ball away constantly all game with that midfield. Our priority this Summer should be a ball-playing midfielder.
What about a DM who is strong on the ball or are you very much in the tempo controlling CM camp instead

FujiVice

Varane. 28 year old world cup winner in his prime alongside Harry Maguire. He's the perfect signing. Absolutely perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.