Rashford and Pogba chants

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
There was a guy in bar in Stockholm on Wednesday afternoon getting these two chants going; nobody seemed to know them at first but then they took off and a load of us were loving it. Apologies if they're known to others (I thought I may have heard the Pogba one before myself) and I'm not aware of this. Kudos to that guy (or whoever wrote them), I'd love to hear them at matches soon.

Teenage kicks are hard to beat,
You recognise him when he walks down the street,
From Wythenshawe, he is so good
He's the best in the neighbourhood
I wanna watch him play every night
Cos Marcus Rashford is dynamite!
[repeat]

His second name is Pogba, is Pogba, is Pogba,
He's twice as good as Drogba, as Drogba, as Drogba,
He gets the fans excited, excited, excited,
He plays for Man United, United, United,
Wooah-oh-oooooh, woooah-oh-oooooh,
Wooah-oh-oooooh, woooah-oh-oooooh
[repeat]

p.s. what a day and night.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I've heard the first at Sam Platt's a few times but I much prefer the other Rashford chant.

Rashford is red, Rashford is red
Rashford is reeeeeed, Rashford is red
From Wythenshawe, he loves to fight
He's born to plaaaaay in red and white
So listen up, it must be said
Like Manchester, Rashford is red.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
admit it @Cling Bak this was just your way of showing off that you were in Stockholm!

I had said in this thread just a couple of weeks ago that Pogba and Rashford need chants and that Rashford chant was mentioned - first Ive heard of the Pogba one

Nero

Anything but the wooahh chant please. Such an annoying chant.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
admit it @Cling Bak this was just your way of showing off that you were in Stockholm!

I had said in this thread just a couple of weeks ago that Pogba and Rashford need chants and that Rashford chant was mentioned - first Ive heard of the Pogba one
Not subtle enough for you?! I genuinely enjoyed the chants and think both would sound great at OT!

Zebs

Anything but the wooahh chant please. Such an annoying chant.
You mean Woke Up This Morning?

It's actually a perfect football chant. Dead catchy and simple to learn.

Nero

I mean the tune to the Pogba chant in the OP. The chant which so many teams have now with just the words changed. I hate those kinds of chants, just like that 'I just don't think you understand' chant that exists in a million different forms.

Zebs

I mean the tune to the Pogba chant in the OP. The chant which so many teams have now with just the words changed. I hate those kinds of chants, just like that 'I just don't think you understand' chant that exists in a million different forms.
Oh sorry I get you now.

Lentwood

We need easier, catchier chants. There is a reason most football chants recycle the same basic tune - because they are easy to sing along to and easily remembered

Its admirable that our fans go to great lengths to come up with innovative new chants but when nobody but the hardcore knows them they never get going properly

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Not subtle enough for you?! I genuinely enjoyed the chants and think both would sound great at OT!
Nowadays Im not that fussy about whether I actually like a chant or not, anything that gets fans singing is fine with me - we have several players who are in need of new chants so hopefully the songstarters have more in the pipeline

Sparky Rhiwabon

There was a guy in bar in Stockholm on Wednesday afternoon getting these two chants going; nobody seemed to know them at first but then they took off and a load of us were loving it. Apologies if they're known to others (I thought I may have heard the Pogba one before myself) and I'm not aware of this. Kudos to that guy (or whoever wrote them), I'd love to hear them at matches soon.

Teenage kicks are hard to beat,
You recognise him when he walks down the street,
From Wythenshawe, he is so good
He's the best in the neighbourhood
I wanna watch him play every night
Cos Marcus Rashford is dynamite!
[repeat]

His second name is Pogba, is Pogba, is Pogba,
He's twice as good as Drogba, as Drogba, as Drogba,
He gets the fans excited, excited, excited,
He plays for Man United, United, United,
Wooah-oh-oooooh, woooah-oh-oooooh,
Wooah-oh-oooooh, woooah-oh-oooooh
[repeat]

p.s. what a day and night.
What tune is the Pogba one?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
These kid of threads should have a video of the fans chanting. You cant get into it without hearing which tune it goes to if you know what i mean.

And then more people will know the lyrics when they go to a game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I fecking hate it. Probably because I like the kind of atmosphere you get in Europe, where the songs are more intense and really get the atmosphere going. Singing a slow, happy song doesn't really cut if for me.

UnitedForever147

Yeah, "Woke up this morning" is complete bollocks. Must have been a bunch of fairies who came up with that one. HORRIBLE!!

Oscie

People's attempts at making up chants on forums always seem far too wordy

Oscie

Yeah, "Woke up this morning" is complete bollocks. Must have been a bunch of fairies who came up with that one. HORRIBLE!!
Would you prefer half an hour of "I'm deffo not looking at your arse mate, it was him, honest, doo dah, doo dah" ?

Manny

Grammar Police
I fecking hate it too. I remember there was a thread on it a while back and anyone who said they couldn't stand it would get there head bit off :lol:

Thankfully, it gets far less air time at games now a days.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
These kid of threads should have a video of the fans chanting. You cant get into it without hearing which tune it goes to if you know what i mean.

And then more people will know the lyrics when they go to a game.
Fair call. I wish I had got a video of it.

The first one is to 'Teenage Kicks' and did sound better when sung than written down.

Robertd0803

The video of United fans in Stockholm singing the Calypso to the Hare Krishna was pretty amusing.

I don't know the tune for those chants above. Seeing written isn't the same as hearing them I guess.