Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFred

He’s sulking because his friend Sancho is gone. His best years are already behind him, now is the time to cash in before everyone realises how bad he is. Since the school meals thing, which was admirable and earned him huge credit, he has pissed away virtually all of it by reverting to spoiled footballer behaviour in his off field life, while also playing dreadfully and being serially lazy on the pitch. You can’t have someone like that as one of your supposed leaders in your dressing room. To give him that bumper deal was astonishing.

I look forward to the Ineos audit of the awarding of new contracts in recent years, as they have nearly all been busts - too much money paid, for too long, to average or poor players.

Last edited:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Why are people acting like a 26 year old going to a club is akin to a 55 year old? As if once you hit your mid-20s you're too old and should sit in you're slippers sipping tea with a blanket on your legs. As far as I can tell he wasn't hungover but came down with something. Was he late to training or on time? I really don't think it's that a big a story? Some posters here are suggesting he should be sold, stupid.

SER19

Why are people acting like a 26 year old going to a club is akin to a 55 year old? As if once you hit your mid-20s you're too old and should sit in you're slippers sipping tea with a blanket on your legs. As far as I can tell he wasn't hungover but came down with something. Was he late to training or on time? I really don't think it's that a big a story? Some posters here are suggesting he should be sold, stupid.
We had training on friday morning, and he was in a club in belfast on thursday night. Having also been in a club in belfast on wednesday night. You're making so many strawman arguments here, and the last point about him being sold- almost nobody thinks he should be sold because of this. This is the final straw of years of underperforming, off field nonsense, and unprofessionalism.

Matt Varnish

No matter how old you are, you don't go out until late on a school night, he knew he would have to be in training the following morning.
What he came down with is irrelevant as a senior squad member he should be setting the right example to younger players

The Mitcher

We had training on friday morning, and he was in a club in belfast on thursday night. Having also been in a club in belfast on wednesday night. You're making so many strawman arguments here, and the last point about him being sold- almost nobody thinks he should be sold because of this. This is the final straw of years of underperforming, off field nonsense, and unprofessionalism.
Literally go back a few pages and you'll see someone infer he's too old and another saying we should sell him. If he wasn't drunk, who cares?

Lentwood

Rashford is the poster boy for the over-hyped, overpaid and overrated player the club has become infested with post-SAF

As we usher in the SJR era, shifting Rashford should be a priority

SER19

Literally go back a few pages and you'll see someone infer he's too old and another saying we should sell him. If he wasn't drunk, who cares?
I literally just explained that. If you cant see how being in a club in another country, hours before you're due at training, is a problem, then I cant help you.

He's an absolute muppet and has been for years. I cant understand how a local young striker is so roundly disliked among the fanbase, then I just have to remember almost anything about him.

SER19

Rashford is the poster boy for the over-hyped, overpaid and overrated player the club has become infested with post-SAF

As we usher in the SJR era, shifting Rashford should be a priority
100%

sepulturite

As has been pointed out several times it's not about the drink. He was in a club until the early hours of Friday morning in another country when he had training only a few hours later, which means he got no sleep and ended up having to go home sick when he did turn up for training. How anyone can defend that when he's a professional athlete is beyond me.

The Mitcher

No matter how old you are, you don't go out until late on a school night, he knew he would have to be in training the following morning.
What he came down with is irrelevant as a senior squad member he should be setting the right example to younger players
What do you mean a school night? He doesn't have kids. For us us we don't do that. Others do, as long as they are on time to work and not hungover, what's the issue? If he wasn't ill who would complain?

I'm sorry but young players are not going to all be teetotallers because he is a "good role model." Unless they are like Ronaldo or for religious/dietary/allergy reasons, they will be like any person aged 18-35 and will like to go out and have fun. That's never left football and I doubt it ever will. The only difference is nowadays footballers tend not to get drunk as much as they used to.

Castia

I don’t get what being drunk matters? It’s the same result regardless he's missed training due to being out on the Thursday night he should know better. Are you trying to suggest he was fine Wednesday -Thursday night whilst out but is suddenly struck with illness hours later?

For the record I’d be selling him 100% if we could. He’s a 1 decent season in 3 type of player and always has been.

4 goals
30 goals
4 goals

He’s missing training and constantly out clubbing and we wonder why he’s got no consistency. I’ll never forget when he walked around the pitch for 3 months under Ragnick it was the biggest disgrace to the badge I’ve seen from a player.

Red00012

From reading some of these posts you'd think he'd been on a 48 hour bender and rocked up back in manchester done a turd on the center circle at Old Trafford, whilst some boy scouts were having a kick about....
He fecked off to Belfast for one night and decided to stay another night . He then reported back ill a day late . He is on over £300,000 a week and he’s been an embarassment in a Utd jersey this season. This is actually his 2nd time doing this in 6 months , if you think that’s acceptable I don’t know what to say to you . He needs binning off in the summer .

Thompsons say their opening hours on a Thursday are 9pm- 3am. People who recorded him entering said it was 11:30pm when he arrived.

It's weird to think it's a 'who cares' situation that he arrived at a club at 11:30, was potentially out until 3am, while we have training - in another country - at 8am the same day (after he's just had 2 weeks off).

The Mitcher

As has been pointed out several times it's not about the drink. He was in a club until the early hours of Friday morning in another country when he had training only a few hours later, which means he got no sleep and ended up having to go home sick when he did turn up for training. How anyone can defend that when he's a professional athlete is beyond me.
Belfast is in the UK. But ok, so he was ill and hard barely any sleep, but beyond that was he late? Was he doing anything else against the rules?

lilcurt

This. Rashford isn't just on the tills at ASDA. He is an elite sportsman on crazy money who is expected to perform at the apex of the sport. Someone in that position should be doing all they can to be at their best, I'm not saying he shouldn't party but definitely not two days in a row before your back in training and a flight away.

The is just another example of his lack of mentality to at the top of his game and questionable choices. It's at the point now that you doubt his character and ability to deliver to the standard he is being paid.

Would be best if he left the club.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I literally just explained that. If you cant see how being in a club in another country, hours before you're due at training, is a problem, then I cant help you.
Referring to Northern Ireland as “another country” will go down well with some.

sepulturite

Belfast is in the UK. But ok, so he was ill and hard barely any sleep, but beyond that was he late? Was he doing anything else against the rules?
It's still another country mate. And yes he was doing something against the rules clearly, so you think it's ok to be out that late the night before/morning of when you due for training at 8am or whatever it is? It's clearly unprofessional and he's rightly being disciplined for it. How can you possibly defend him for this? Or is it just because ETH is the manager and your one of those agenda posters where he's the big bad wolf every time and the players are all angels?

Doracle

What time did he leave the club? How do you know he got no sleep? How do you know that the illness he picked up was related to him being out that night?

sepulturite

Referring to Northern Ireland as “another country” will go down well with some.
Listen whatever your views are on Northern Ireland, it is another country, as in there's an ocean in between, that's what I meant.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Shit performances all season and out clubbing, lacks professionalism.

If you are going to go out you better have been performing on the field which he hasn't, it's not the off season.

Castia

What time did he leave the club? How do you know he got no sleep? How do you know that the illness he picked up was related to him being out that night?

There’s no way some people write this shit seriously. I don’t believe anybody is that deluded even those feck wits who think Taylor Swift is a god aren’t this fecking blind.

sepulturite

Because apparently the reports are he only arrived at the club at 11.30 I believe, so if he's only arriving that late he was definitely in there until what, at least 1am or 2am? So then he has to fly back and then go to training, that's very little, if any at all, sleep.

Castia

Because apparently the reports are he only arrived at the club at 11.30 I believe, so if he's only arriving that late he was definitely in there until what, at least 1am or 2am? So then he has to fly back and then go to training, that's very little, if any at all, sleep.

Don’t respond to these people. Marcus could bang his misses and he’ll have a reason why it’s acceptable

Pointless

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
United ripped up Roy Keane’s contract for calling out teammates on MUTV, Roy Keane who was probably United’s best captain ever. United sold Beckham because Fergie thought he was more interested in commercial deals, Beckham who always showed up and always put in 100% effort. We need our standards back. The club needs to be ruthless on dealing liabilities and Rashford is one of them. If Ineos are serious about putting football back at the heart of Utd, Rashford has to be sold in the summer.
It's easy to say that he has to be sold but it will be extremely difficult to do. Very few clubs in the world can afford the wages that Rashford is on & how much is he worth based on his stats this season. I can't see PSG splashing the cash for an underperforming striker/winger who doesn't score.

Doracle

Ah interesting. Was that arrival time on the Wednesday or the Thursday? Why has no one reported what time he left - surely someone must have seen him?

Gandalf

Clubbing on back to back nights and seen entering the club 8 hours before training started in another country but sure he got plenty of sleep. I can’t believe anyone capable of forming sentences is so gullible so I am just going to have to assume you are on some sort of wind-up.

So far as your last comment goes, I am pretty sure there are libraries full of medical journals that can establish the link between tiredness and a compromised immune system. Rashford is not paid more in one week that many earn in 5 years to act so irresponsibly and you cannot offer any good faith argument in his defence.

sepulturite

Don’t respond to these people. Marcus could bang his misses and he’ll have a reason why it’s acceptable

Pointless
Yep completely agree. I'm not even that big of a Rashford hater or anything, but his attitude this season has made me change my tune completely, and I can't understand how anyone can't see the same thing.

If he doesn't like the manager or the way the manager plays then fine, I actually completely get that, but that doesn't mean you start acting the way he is right now. You keep putting the effort in anyway, and stop doing stupid shit like this ffs.

Vidooq

Remember his interview after we lost the EL final, where he promised that everyone is trying hard to get United back at the top? He followed up on this interview, with a year of not giving a toss with Ragnick, 2 good months with Ten Hag after the World Cup, a new bumper contact, and now these issues, and an abysmal form...

"I promise the fans, we won't give up" "To win things, you need to sacrifice". What a load of rubbish. Talks the talk, never walks the walk. Get rid.

"I promise the fans, we won't give up!" Marcus Rashford like you've never heard him before! (youtube.com)

sepulturite

Ah interesting. Was that arrival time on the Wednesday or the Thursday? Why has no one reported what time he left - surely someone must have seen him?
Supposedly it was the Thursday night in to Friday morning, that's why it's such a big deal, because he was due in training that same Friday morning, so only a few hours later. If it was just the Wednesday it's not a big deal at all because the players had a day off Thursday anyway.

OldTrevil

Needs to be seriously punished, otherwise ETH and staff would come out looking like mugs

Matt Varnish

What do you mean a school night? He doesn't have kids. For us us we don't do that. Others do, as long as they are on time to work and not hungover, what's the issue? If he wasn't ill who would complain?

I'm sorry but young players are not going to all be teetotallers because he is a "good role model." Unless they are like Ronaldo or for religious/dietary/allergy reasons, they will be like any person aged 18-35 and will like to go out and have fun. That's never left football and I doubt it ever will. The only difference is nowadays footballers tend not to get drunk as much as they used to.
FFS you don't get out much do you ?
If you have to be up early in the morning you don't go out the night before, especially if you are an international footballer earning more in a week than most people earn in a year.
It's called responsibility, and is as bad as Sancho playing on his Xplayboxstation until 2am.

Giggling at seeing an adult trying to say this with a straight face.
I'm 66 and I typed it with a straight face, it's a well known saying where I come from !

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

With your attitude and excuses, this club will remain shit for another 15 years. Bo ine cares what they do as long as they perform well and win trophies. But ffs Rashy has been absolute shit and seems to not even bother. That is unaccepteble and I woukd consider selling him for being more often shit than good and with a poor unprofessional attitude on top

saik

I’ll never forget when he walked around the pitch for 3 months under Ragnick it was the biggest disgrace to the badge I’ve seen from a player.
I mentioned the same in my post. There's no coming back for him in my view. It doesn't matter if he doesn't rate the manager, he still needs to put in a shift. The way he was walking around during that time, putting in literally zero effort, shows he clearly doesn't give a feck about the club, the fans or his teammates.

All the while we had supporters here excusing him because apparently he was playing with a injury. This time around there's another set of excuses ready to get out to excuse his behaviour and performances this season.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’ve been a huge Rashford supporter but I think this is a bit of a red line.

Those trying to defend it as not being unprofessional are weird as feck.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The bible says:

"But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at Rashford." John 8:7
Jesus went forth into the inn known as Laverys, where he saw Rashford drinking. Jesus lost his shit and went buck mad trashing the bejasus outta the place. “This is what awaits you when you meet him” he said onto Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.