Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

We're making headlines for the wrong reasons again.

United with INEOS need to do more in terms of assessing players' character before committing to buying them or making them turn professional.

How would Fergie react to this? Definitely not the way the current administration swept it under the carpet.
Why are you saying they've swept it under the carpet? The initial statement seems to have been made in good faith and more details emerged subsequently.

They've dealt with it head on as far as I can see and have by all accounts fined the player the maximum possible. He's taken responsibility and will be on thin ice now. Do you think they should have publically lambasted him?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
As someone who has defended Rashford a lot over the years and usually felt he was unfairly criticised, I feel quite let down by this latest episode

Still it's his reaction to this that will make the difference - he had actually been playing better in the past month or so which makes it even worse

sepulturite

Why are you saying they've swept it under the carpet? The initial statement seems to have been made in good faith and more details emerged subsequently.

They've dealt with it head on as far as I can see and have by all accounts fined the player the maximum possible. He's taken responsibility and will be on thin ice now. Do you think they should have publically lambasted him?
Exactly this. I said in a post yesterday that we don't know what's been said to Rashford behind closed doors, just what the statement says that was put out. He could have easily been told that this is your last chance so cop the feck on or something like that, they were hardly going to say that in the statement were they?!

Ghostrider318

Selling Sancho, Antony, Martial and Rashford, replacing them with Nico Williams, Olise, Taremi (free) to add to Garnacho, Amad and Hojlund.
This is Man Utd. We dont do sensible transfers.
On a serious note : teams always overcharge us. Look at Hojlund - all reports pointed to a 30-40m deal but Atalanta suddenly fell in love with him and wanted top dollar. While Olise has a 60m release clause, Nico Williams will cost a pretty penny

On a serious note : teams always overcharge us. Look at Hojlund - all reports pointed to a 30-40m deal but Atalanta suddenly fell in love with him and wanted top dollar. While Olise has a 60m release clause, Nico Williams will cost a pretty penny
I think the new hierarchy and Ineos will have us do some sensible business in the summer. I think the days of us overpaying for average players is long gone.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He also has a release clause doesn't he? I don't see us getting him, also not sure he wants to leave, but it's worth a go.

FerociousCorgis

hopefully we can get at least 60/70 million plus for him. Club needs a cultural reset and he should be seen the door as a part of that. For me watching him sulk whenever not in his favored position is really what does it for me. Oh and that little half ass attempt when theres a header to challenge where he shows 0 effort.

Unam333

Ferguson would probably advise him to settle down and start a family. ;) And I agree. When you have a kid, then you realise what's important in life and what's not.

Partridge

Rashford may have been at the club since he was a kid, but the club owes him feck all. He's been getting paid handsomely for quite a long time, so, as far as the club is concerned, he should performing for the money he's getting paid. Quite simple. Like rashford.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
His age isn't a factor for me because players hit peaks at different times. Mitoma just recently broke into the Premier Leauge. Rashford's best season is still where he has massive flaws in his game, and the team needs to be almost a counter attacking unit to maximize his impact. I don't think Rashford suits possession orientated sides which we are looking to eventually tilt toward.

Mitoma is actually superior to Rashford technically, in decision making, he's a better dribbler and he's better at his interchanges. Rashford is more explosive than both, Bowen and Mitoma, but the latter two are just more polished footballers which make the team look greater than the sum of its parts.
This.

Ghostrider318

I think the new hierarchy and Ineos will have us do some sensible business in the summer. I think the days of us overpaying for average players is long gone.
I dont mind overpaying - 100m for Bellingaham has proven to be worth every penny for Madrid. But please no more Antony and Sanchos. My Blood pressure cant take it

roykent

I do hope utd sell him. On the pitch, I see a player trying to do it on his own and not use his supporting players. Off the pitch, the problems continue. What makes me sad, is also off the pitch, what he has done for the community has been outstanding. He could have been a utd legend. Big picture, needs to go. Also, he needs to go for him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He’s both a victim and beneficiary of his own success tbf.

He really could have been a borderline world class footballer if he had Ronaldo levels of dedication, but doesn’t.

He could be up there in the Pires, Son, Mahrez bracket if he was more consistent. He’s not

But consistency should be attainable. It’s just a case of applying most of your talent, most of the time.

No idea if he’ll get it together here, but if it’s not going to happen, he needs to move. He’s a fabulous talent and it’s stick or twist time. I think a change of environment probably helps him, and it’s gutting that he won’t fulfill his potential here.

Top talent, really nice fella. But a change of scenery seems essential as he’s coasting and taking the piss out of the club and being paid a fortune to do so.

redmanx

Just who does Marcus Rashford think he is? Its very clear he has no respect for ETH, none for his team mates, none for Manchester United and absolutely none for the supporters. Hes had his chances, before and during this season, but he's either too arrogant or too stupid to learn from his mistakes. Hes no longer a "young prospect" but supposedly a senior member of the team who should be showing an example to the younger players; ETH should get rid of him, hes past his sell by date.

Zed 101

People need to take a reality check, the issue is not really the night club saga, it is his form and attitude on the pitch this season, because lets face it if he was scoring goals and tearing it up the attitude would be a lot more forgiving.... he is a lad, he pulled a sicky and went on the lash! is it the end of the world, nah not really, and if he plays well for the rest of the season it will all be water under the bridge.

Remember that George Best is probably the greatest celebrated piss-artist in sports history, he used to play half cut, but ultimately nobody cared because of how well he played.... no difference here, if Rashford was at his best and firing then who cares, in fact makes him a bit more interesting! but he ain't he is stinking up the pitch (as are most of his team mates TBF) so this is blown out of proportion.

I come back to my bigger concern is the management of the club which sees this sort of behaviour time and time again from different players, and not just under ETH, a lad getting pizzed is a lad getting pizzed, the repeated issues under successive managers that is the problem and will not be fixed by selling individuals, banging them off on loan, or ostracising them from the team and making them train alone, hopefully Brailsford will sort this out otherwise the problem will not stop at Rashford and we will continue to see unprofessionalism on and off the pitch

redmanx

People need to take a reality check, the issue is not really the night club saga, it is his form and attitude on the pitch this season, because lets face it if he was scoring goals and tearing it up the attitude would be a lot more forgiving.... he is a lad, he pulled a sicky and went on the lash! is it the end of the world, nah not really, and if he plays well for the rest of the season it will all be water under the bridge.

Remember that George Best is probably the greatest celebrated piss-artist in sports history, he used to play half cut, but ultimately nobody cared because of how well he played.... no difference here, if Rashford was at his best and firing then who cares, in fact makes him a bit more interesting! but he ain't he is stinking up the pitch (as are most of his team mates TBF) so this is blown out of proportion.

I come back to my bigger concern is the management of the club which sees this sort of behaviour time and time again from different players, and not just under ETH, a lad getting pizzed is a lad getting pizzed, the repeated issues under successive managers that is the problem and will not be fixed by selling individuals, banging them off on loan, or ostracising them from the team and making them train alone, hopefully Brailsford will sort this out otherwise the problem will not stop at Rashford and we will continue to see unprofessionalism on and off the pitch
I wouldnt compare Rashford with George Best, either as a player or in his drinking; Bestie was a far better player and he drank because he was an alcholic, not because he was throwing a moody, like Rashford.

NICanRed

If he likes Belfast - he could go to Glentoran if he cleans up his act or Linfield if he's going to continue to be a waster!

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I think you should remember that you can't win a bloody football game without scoring goals and that scoring goals and winning matches for one of the most scrutinized teams in world football is not something any Tom, Dick, or Harry can do. So instead of sacking off our biggest match-winning asset, we should buy players to play alongside him to match or better his output and then sell him if he continues to hold the team back.
Match winning asset? What devilry is this? I seem to have heard of it, way back in the past. I used to associate this term with a thing called pride.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
Match winning asset? What devilry is this? I seem to have heard of it, way back in the past. I used to associate this term with a thing called pride.
We aren't in the past, are we, you are aware that to win games you need to score goals right? As it stands Rashford is the best we have when comes to game-winning contributions.

Biggest match winning asset :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's scored four goals and played sh!t..
Name a player in our squad who contributed to more goals and assists than Rashford in the last five seasons. The bottom line is we win more games when Rashford is playing well, so if he is so shit what the hell does it say about the rest of them.

Cloud7

Name a player in our squad who contributed to more goals and assists than Rashford in the last five seasons. The bottom line is we win more games when Rashford is playing well, so if he is so shit what the hell does it say about the rest of them.
To be fair you would be hard pressed to find anyone arguing that our attackers have not been shit :lol:

dazjoe

Bruno Fernandes. Goals in last 5 seasons - 71. Assists in last 5 seasons - 59. Total 130.

Marcus Rashford. Goals in last 5 seasons - 82. Assists in last 5 seasons - 46. Total 128.

Well, that was easy. And he played half the first season for another club, so would probably be about 20 ahead if brought in earlier.

NLunited

The UK fits the definition of a country. Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland also fit the definition of countries. They're all countries. The UK is the state.
The UK is a kingdom and a country, nation or state. Scotland and Northern Ireland are not official countries but provinces. Wales is part of England. Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain.

Glad we straightened that out.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He has to go in the summer, if we can get a good fee for him. Always loved the lad and thought he’d end up a star for us but it seems he’s only willing, for whatever reason, to deliver under the right exact right circumstances, and we can’t have that in a team in transition with all the controversies we have had. I’m sure he will rip it up in the French league or whatever if they pander to him.

it says a lot that he’s now been here for multiple failed managers and every time things go to shit he’s one of our worst culprits both for drop in performances and level of effort. Something just isn’t right with him. It’s honestly like he doesn’t enjoy playing the game or something.

he won’t be the last footballer to go on a bender the night before training but to do it in that fashion and when you have been having such a terrible season is just so damn disappointing.

ElCuddlos

My argument is not that Rashford is the lynchpin that will lead us to the promised land, but until we can find two or three players that can match or better his output selling him is insane.
We are a lot further than 2 to 3 players from the promised land. It will take a massive reset of the culture at the club, a culture that Rashford currently seems to be exacerbating.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
We are a lot further than 2 to 3 players from the promised land. It will take a massive reset of the culture at the club, a culture that Rashford currently seems to be exacerbating.
I meant attacking/forward players. I think it a more of a skill issue than a culture issue at the club a lot of the players are not good enough so our boom/bust cycles are dependent on the form of Rashford, Shaw, and Bruno having good seasons. By all accounts get rid of the "bad apples" as soon as someone steps up and replicates their productivity.

MrBest

Hoping that we could cash in on him. We could rinse PSG and remove his wage, could be very useful in a rebuild. Director of football needs to be done soon though.

RopersReturn

It was a bit naive of him to not realise what might happen randomly visiting a night club. It’s happened on numerous occasions, where young women sell their stories to the rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.