Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

Sorry only just logged in and saw this, Not sure why he brought his brother on, he was also accompanied by a female, It is not unusual for his brother or best mate( he drivers for Marcus) to be at carrington. As you have heard in the press
he had a sit-down meeting with ETH and Sir Dave, he was also the last to leave Carrington, He tried alone on Monday as he missed the morning session due to his meeting.
That may well be his PR publicist. There was an article last few days who his entourage is. She is well known and goes back to Posh/Becks days. if this is true, fecking hell, you go in for crisis talks with your football club and you take your PR agent in. This is what you are dealing with

FerociousCorgis

man imagine the scenario if this goes belly up and we cant even sell him for a good transfer fee. Between that, sancho, and greenwood would be so much lost possibility in transfer funds from sales.

GreatDane

man imagine the scenario if this goes belly up and we cant even sell him for a good transfer fee. Between that, sancho, and greenwood would be so much lost possibility in transfer funds from sales.
I don't think we were ever going to sell for a good fee considering the wages they are on.

Born2Lose

Wouldn't be surprised if it all goes sour and he sits out the rest of the contract like Lingard did.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Didn't Ragnick bring in a sports psychologist who none of the players spoke to? Or have I made that up?

Ludens the Red

He's clearly having a difficult time. No one who's making smart choices decides to feck of training for a bender in Belfast if they're professional footballer, you've got to imagine that your state of mind must be pretty fecked if you do that without any regard for the fallout or consequence. I'm not defending him, he deserves the consequence he gets for his actions but to say he did it for a laugh is disingenuous.
He’s having a difficult time on the pitch because he’s become lazy, arrogant and complacent.
Everytime a player dips in form it doesn’t mean it’s because you have mental health issues or your state of mind is in limbo.
He went to Belfast to party because he’s obsessed with that lifestyle. He’s been at it for years.
Clubbing, bling, women and partying constantly with his entourage. Goes to all the big boxing matches too. Some of his best mates are known partyers. Sancho, Lingard etc

He’s surrounded by yes men and enablers. Now if this is what he wants to do in his own time then fine. Except his ego has become so large that he now thinks he can do this on club time. He’s become a complete tosser, a PR team constantly massaging his ego, surrounded by yes men. All his footballl mates are clubbers and partyers. None of this is a surprise and none of it down to him struggling mentally etc.
This is Marcus Rashford as is Marcus Rashford…improving as a footballer and being a complete professional is no longer his priority. His priority is now his image and partying and all that comes with it.

FerociousCorgis

I don't think we were ever going to sell for a good fee considering the wages they are on.
i get that but if they all had just been decent enough couldve got some decent fees, greenwood especially. Of course if they actually played well too we wouldnt be selling but still.

crossy1686

career ending
He’s having a difficult time on the pitch because he’s become lazy, arrogant and complacent.
Everytime a player dips in form it doesn’t mean it’s because you have mental health issues or your state of mind is in limbo.
He went to Belfast to party because he’s obsessed with that lifestyle. He’s been at it for years.
Clubbing, bling, women and partying constantly with his entourage. Goes to all the big boxing matches too. Some of his best mates are known partyers. Sancho, Lingard etc

He’s surrounded by yes men and enablers. Now if this is what he wants to do in his own time then fine. Except his ego has become so large that he now thinks he can do this on club time. He’s become a complete tosser, a PR team constantly massaging his ego, surrounded by yes men. All his footballl mates are clubbers and partyers. None of this is a surprise and none of it down to him struggling mentally etc.
This is Marcus Rashford as is Marcus Rashford…improving as a footballer and being a complete professional is no longer his priority. His priority is now his image and partying and all that comes with it.
To be fair, you don't know any of that to be true. You're projecting what you think he is.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I have assumed Rashford has mental health problems for a long time now, maybe a couple of years. Just basing it on his expression, he often looks distant, has slow thinking, lack of thinking and of course form. Reminded me of people I know under medication. I didn't guess about the drinking, which makes me feel a bit stupid as a heavy drinker myself (past hopefully), but that in itself is often a cause or a symptom of mental health problems of course.

Ludens the Red

To be fair, you don't know any of that to be true. You're projecting what you think he is.
You don’t know it to be true? Explain which bit here is projection and not evidence based.
I mean just go on google and search ‘rashford night out’ or ‘rashford boxing matches’ is he or is he not good friends with sancho and lingard who are partyers.
Did Rashford not literally get pissed the night before a training session and then call in sick a few days go. Did I just imagine that ? Or make it up? Has or have his performances not nose dived recently? Or again have I made that up?

El Jefe

Rashford is on the same selfish, self obsessed, "pity me pity me" path trodden by Pogba and then Lingard and like Pogba seems to believe he is more important than any other player in the squad and is bigger than the club. Rashford was without doubt an admirer of Pogba, especially it seems Pogbas self importance and image of himself. Pogba became pure poison for Manchester United, a toxic, egocentric serial whiner more interested in his own glory than that of the club, and Rashford, like Lingard, is going the same way. We should get shot of Rashford as soon as possible because I dont think his attitude is about to change for the better soon; in fact I imagine that as more criticism is heaped on him it will become worse and more self pitying.
I don’t actually look at it that way. I feel the club is always desperate to anoint someone as the next SAF, next class of 92 or next Cantona or whoever. It’s the club and fans that feed into this self importance, I would even say they are the ones that create it.

To be something at this club you had to show and prove by having trophies to back up your status. Now you play well for half a season, get a fat contract and get labelled the next legend and have an army of fans making excuses for you at every turn. Why wouldn’t players here not give their all when they can get all the benefits doing less than half of the work.

Rashford has been treated like a god here and has never hit 20 league goals in a season. When Lingard and Rashford had something to prove at the club the way they played was completely different.

The sad thing is I’m seeing some of the same seeds in Garnacho. Before we know it he’ll get the No.7 shirt and £200k a week with a guaranteed place in the side off very little.

El Zoido

Andy Mitten on todays Athletic football podcast. Says he was told that Marcus....

"Loves the trappings of the game, doesn't love the game anymore".

Very sad, if true.
What does he even mean by the trappings of the game?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Andy Mitten on todays Athletic football podcast. Says he was told that Marcus....

Very sad, if true.
We should sell as soon as possible while he still has value.
Like I said some pages back. His main motivation was getting his family out of poverty. He has achieved that. Get rid.

redmanx

I don’t actually look at it that way. I feel the club is always desperate to anoint someone as the next SAF, next class of 92 or next Cantona or whoever. It’s the club and fans that feed into this self importance, I would even say they are the ones that create it.

To be something at this club you had to show and prove by having trophies to back up your status. Now you play well for half a season, get a fat contract and get labelled the next legend and have an army of fans making excuses for you at every turn. Why wouldn’t players here not give their all when they can get all the benefits doing less than half of the work.

Rashford has been treated like a god here and has never hit 20 league goals in a season. When Lingard and Rashford had something to prove at the club the way they played was completely different.

The sad thing is I’m seeing some of the same seeds in Garnacho. Before we know it he’ll get the No.7 shirt and £200k a week with a guaranteed place in the side off very little.
I dont blame the players for their wages, thats down to the moron who negotiates with the players agent, but I do expect, and Im sorry if I sound old fashioned, a good days graft for a good days pay, and too many of our players dont graft. Pride in ones performance used to be a big thing at United.

redmanx

And what has happened to him since couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
Very true, and his rapid demize proved a lot of people right, he was nothing more than a show pony with an ego the size of Old Trafford.

Ludens the Red

I would imagine he means, the money, cars, clothes, entourage, access, attention etc.

Loves what comes with football more than he does the game itself.
Nah no way. Impossible to know that.. you’re projecting or something …

Oldyella

Very sad, if true.
So he's the same as about 95% of the rest of the country who enjoy their wage more than their job?

Anyway, we should sell, both for our benefit and also his, maybe a change of scenery would be good for him too if that's how he feels.

TheReligion

Abusive
Garnacho was horrendous on Sunday but is still too dangerous to drop. Antony equally terrible but had a goal and an assist, so the optics of dropping him for the Tequila tippler would be pretty appalling, would send a horrible message to the players.
Terrible, horrendous, appalling..

Another who loves the drama.

The Caf should take up film. Action!

Ricardo de la Vega

So he's the same as about 95% of the rest of the country who enjoy their wage more than their job?

Anyway, we should sell, both for our benefit and also his, maybe a change of scenery would be good for him too if that's how he feels.
Yes he's like most people. Thing is, most people don't go on to be all time greats. Its sad because Rashford had the ability inside him - he just never wanted to be truly great, to live for refining his craft, to live for putting his body and mind in the right place every day. He had a perfect role model in Ronaldo if he wanted to reach that level, or at least get as close to it as he could, but obviously its not what motivated him. Getting himself and his family out of poverty, getting paid; they were important for him. Fair enough, I'm not going to knock him for it. He's his own man its his life, but for a fan of the team he plays for, I dont want it. I want guys wanting to be the best football player in history, because they work harder and get better.

Matt Varnish

I see a lot of comparisons on here with George Best, and while it's true that he was an alcoholic, from a family with a history of alcoholism, people tend to forget the pressures he went through.
It's not very well known that he had a house built, but very rarely want to it, or stayed in it because of paparazi chasing him, he sought solace and anonymity in the bottle.

I'm not condoning what he did, it was wrong, but social media and the MSM in general ha to take some responsibility if he goes off the rail completely.

roseguy64

He's clearly having a difficult time. No one who's making smart choices decides to feck of training for a bender in Belfast if they're professional footballer, you've got to imagine that your state of mind must be pretty fecked if you do that without any regard for the fallout or consequence. I'm not defending him, he deserves the consequence he gets for his actions but to say he did it for a laugh is disingenuous.
Mitten's said in his article and on an Athletic podcast that came out today that he's heard from a friend of Rashford that he's not at his best right now.

There's clearly something to it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not sure if mentioned earlier but Mitten said on the Athletic podcast that there are other incidents with Rashford, some of which were public but some which weren't .

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Very sad, if true.
Would make sense. Didn't Nicky Butt say that Rashford isn't happy in his personal life recently

AndyMUFC

He seems to be cut from the same cloth as his friends Pogba, Lingard and Sancho and that isn't a good thing.

It isn't the first time so he needs to change his attitude or we need to get rid. Pure and simple.

alexthelion

Would you rather cut your nose to spite your face?
Come on, he's made virtually no impact. It's not like he's scoring goals for fun.

Not only is it a lack of goals, he mopes around the pitch putting no effort in, especially pressing or defensively. It's like playing with ten men when he plays.

Fahad Jawaid

I feel we are lucky in the sense that because of his antics, now we can actually sell him and obtain hefty fee, specially with PSG being desperate for big name hopefully after Mbappe.

He made his debut in what 2016 if I am not mistaken, it’s been 7 to 8 years. He has been great for what 2 seasons. He is largely inconsistent and his decision making has not improved with time.

Let’s sell him this summer alongside Antony and Sancho and completely revamp our wing options. Find fast and pacy wingers who are great dribblers and chance creators. Which will increase the output of Hojlund and Bruno. Or any other striker we sign.

Gordon Godot

I feel we are lucky in the sense that because of his antics, now we can actually sell him and obtain hefty fee, specially with PSG being desperate for big name hopefully after Mbappe.

He made his debut in what 2016 if I am not mistaken, it’s been 7 to 8 years. He has been great for what 2 seasons. He is largely inconsistent and his decision making has not improved with time.

Let’s sell him this summer alongside Antony and Sancho and completely revamp our wing options. Find fast and pacy wingers who are great dribblers and chance creators. Which will increase the output of Hojlund and Bruno. Or any other striker we sign.
Definitely time for him to go. For wages his output is poor (at times non existent) and mentality clearly not there to be consistent let alone move to next level. Shame, but that's it in my view

AFC NimbleThumb

Yep, it’s as easy as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.