Rashford vs Jesus

Who is going to be the better forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AshRK

This will eventually become a hot topic if it is already not.

My take is jesus is a better finisher but I would still have rashford because if he improves his finishing ,he offers much more than jesus.

Because both are forwards and goals is what both will be judged by, I would say jesus is leading the race as of now by a slight margin but I can easily see rashford starting to score for fun.

Gopher Brown

This will eventually become a hot topic if it is already not.

My take is jesus is a better finisher but I would still have rashford because if he improves his finishing ,he offers much more than jesus.

Because both are forwards and goals is what both will be judged by, I would say jesus is leading the race as of now by a slight margin but I can easily see rashford starting to score for fun.
Yeah, Messi is better than Rashford too

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Jesus has gotten a bit of a poaching role at City but the lad is a really good footballer overall. With that being said, I find them equal. I really rate Rashford, he's got that incredible directness and X-factor IMO.

ash_86

Jesus is going to score more because of how city is set up, whereas Rashford is going to be played out of position. I like the versatility of Rashford though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jesus clearly looks like he's going to be the better player (he already is). I think anyone who says otherwise is a little biased towards our local academy lad.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Too early to say. Jesus has played roughly 800 minutes of Premier League football, and although he has been far better than Rashford during that time in terms of numbers and stats, he's pretty much guaranteed to have a drop of form at some point. Both look like real talents and I can't really decide on who I think is going to reach the highest level.

Drainy

Jesus looks like a god-tier talent- his movement and touch are next level and he has a lot of composure to his finishing.

Rashford has pace, workrate and a lot of talent but is nowhere near as promising.

cyberman

Rashford really isn't a striker. He's a fantastic wide forward, there aren't many who can compare to him. As soon as he fills out he'll be ridiculous.
Goals are a bonus

Macern

Pee pee pants
Jesus clearly looks like he's going to be the better player (he already is). I think anyone who says otherwise is a little biased towards our local academy lad.
Can't agree with that. Jesus has only played half a season and it's too early to say that he's unarguably going to become the best player based on such a short amount of time.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I definitely thought this would be a Photoshop battle. Or possibly a new hip hop collective. I'm out.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Think it's a bit unfair on Rashford. Don't think any of us could compete with Jesus. He walks on water, turns water to wine, resurrects himself and forms a peculiar tradition that involves chocolate eggs that no-one really understands, you know, that kind of stuff.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Jesus looks way more talented and just has that intelligence to his game and composure where he makes it look easy. Rashford relies on his pace and still makes it look like getting a goal is the hardest thing in the world, and his movement to get in goal scoring chances isnt very good either. His best qualities are his attitude, running with the ball at pace and directness, but his other qualities have a lot to be improved on.

Martial would be a fairer comparison who will IMO be better.

Hawks2008

Hate to say it but G.Jesus is currently better and has the higher ceiling. I love Rashford but he doesn't have the potential of the likes of Mbappe, Dembele, Asensio, G.Jesus etc

Macern

Pee pee pants
Jesus looks way more talented and just has that intelligence to his game and composure where he makes it look easy. Rashford relies on his pace and still makes it look like getting a goal is the hardest thing in the world, and his movement to get in goal scoring chances isnt very good either. His best qualities are his attitude, running with the ball at pace and directness, but his other qualities have a lot to be improved on.

Martial would be a fairer comparison who will IMO be better.
That's because things have been going his way so far. When a striker is in good form everything looks easy. Jesus will face some bad form at some point and is going to look totally different. I don't think you can claim that he's a better talent based on 7-8 hundred minutes of football. Remember Papiss Demba Cisse during the first half of 2015?

I'd say ask this in a year and we'll know more

Jerch

For now Jesus. He is better finisher which is the most important skill for striker.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A Brazilian vs an Englishman, who do you think is better?

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
What happened to Rashford vs Iheanacho? :rolleyes:
What do you mean? Rashford scored 5 in 32 league games last season, Iheanacho got 4 in 20. That's a single less goal in 12 less games.

Just because he's been moved on to make way for Jesus (a better talent), doesn't mean he's suddenly a poor player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What do you mean? Rashford scored 5 in 32 league games last season, Iheanacho got 4 in 20. That's a single less goal in 12 less games.

Just because he's been moved on to make way for Jesus (a better talent), doesn't mean he's suddenly a poor player.
Yeah let's ignore what positions players played.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Very, very different players though they both can play similar positions. I'll plump for Jesus as he seems to be more composed. I'd take Rashford at City in a heartbeat though.

Jerch

TBF both outputs are bad. Rashford has an excuse playing as a winger, Iheanacho doesn't have any.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The only reason people don't rate rashford as much as the rest is he's british, and people don't expect that much of british talents since none of the last great ones went on to confirm/exceed expectations(though in owen's case it was down to injuries tbf)

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
TBF both outputs are bad. Rashford has an excuse playing as a winger, Iheanacho doesn't have any.
I'm sure I could argue that most appearances are substitute appearances and he'd have 12 more games to make up the goals but I really don't mind.