Rashford's post-match Interview

BarstoolProphet

What baffles me is that a player can have a game like that where he couldn't give two fecks about trying to win yet act all passionate in interviews post-match. He talks a good game does our Marcus, but being disintered all game when your boyhood club plays a final? Hard to forgive, that.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has the right mentality but I don’t think he has the ability to be a starting forward in a league & champions league contending team. It would take a brave man to bench him, but I think if Sancho does come in Rashford’s days as a starter should end. He plays badly way more than he plays well. We can’t afford that if we want to progress.

Denis79

I really like Rashford and it's nice to see some passion but we were shit today, a long way from a PL or CL title, looong way off.

OneUnited24

I love him. He’s been injuries since Feb but still fights for everything. It’s on ole for me. Should have taken him out the firing line but I can’t fault the player

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
What baffles me is that a player can have a game like that where he couldn't give two fecks about trying to win yet act all passionate in interviews post-match. He talks a good game does our Marcus, but being disintered all game when your boyhood club plays a final? Hard to forgive, that.
Does make me thing it's the injuries with the way he spoke.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He sounds upset and I feel for him there because it truly does sound like he cares. I wonder if he's feeling too much pressure? He doesn't need to explain anything to the media.

Last edited:

roseguy64

Yeah he showed no emotion at all on the pitch and didn't run at all.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He needs competition for his spot, telles did wonders for shaw. I reckon grealish would do wonders for rashford and we'd have two quality players.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
You genuinely believe Rashford doesn’t care? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Actions speak louder than words, Rashford.

Strolling about, trying tricks against 3 defenders and endlessly giving the ball away is bollocks behaviour. He seems to have the attitude of Ronaldo/Messi where he thinks he can loaf about and not put a shift in, except he produces a tiny fraction of their output.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Never heard him talk with that much confidence before.

He needs competition for his spot, telles did wonders for shaw. I reckon grealish would do wonders for rashford and we'd have two quality players.
Fully agree with that. His output is decent, but his performances are poor, and too often has incredibly poor moments, which is where the difference can be made between winning and losing trophies.

He’s been injured since that fateful Wolves game in the FA Cup in 2020. His shoulder is fecked his back is fecked. He needs months off to recover.

el3mel

Eh no thanks. I avoid all these interviews post losses. They're usually all the same crap "Well do better next time".

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Oh come on. Of course he cared and tried. He had a bad game and he's been off form, his touch was sloppy and decision making was off. Why the feck do people always equate off days/sloppy control/bad decision making to not caring? Such a dumb conclusion to make. It's a cup final, a lot of pressure, sometimes players just don't perform.

This is like those Argentine idiots who shit on Leo Messi after they lose a final. Shit happens. Claiming they don't care is idiotic.

Irrational.

Worst player on the pitch. That was apparent 30 mins in and he should’ve been hauled off a long time ago. This is where I miss Jose’s (and to a degree LVG’s) ruthlessness and proactive nature. No room for sentimentality in a cup final.

BarstoolProphet

You genuinely believe Rashford doesn’t care? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, I do believe he cares, that wasn't what I wrote. He probably care more than most considering he is a boyhood fan. But this situation which for a large amount of matches where he seems completely disinterested from the get go needs to be addressed. It's like you can see after only a few minutes if he is switched on or not. If not, then he's completely off for the full 90 minutes.

FizzyWomack

Child feeder Marcus. He is a top lad and has a big heart no doubt about that. And he’s also been poor for us for quite some time IMO. So inconsistent. The bad games definitely outweigh the good games for him this season.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been run into the ground with whatever injury he has.

He should take the Euros off.

Posh Red

Eh no thanks. I avoid all these interviews post losses. They're usually all the same crap "Well do better next time".
You’ve came across terribly in the posts I’ve seen from you tonight. Miles away from the feeling I get from people associated with Manchester United. Love the guy and I can see he is struggling with the result just like I am.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No, I do believe he cares, that wasn't what I wrote. He probably care more than most considering he is a boyhood fan. But this situation which for a large amount of matches where he seems completely disinterested from the get go needs to be addressed. It's like you can see after only a few minutes if he is switched on or not. If not, then he's completely off for the full 90 minutes.
As he said he’s been running around with an injury most of the season, maybe he’s not running around all time as to not get an even worse injury

mancan92

Honestly what he is saying is a load of nonsense. Look at the players out there tonight you could count maybe 2 or 3 who actually gave a crap about winning.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He needed to be rotated better since his injury
With who? James? Cavani and Martial were out and still is in the case of Martial. The core problem is still there -- we don't have squad depth to rotate without seeing a massive drop in quality. We have some potential replacements as in the kids like Elanga, Amad but that's a couple of years away.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's a fecking man. I love that man.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He’s saying the right things. As usual.

The team need to stop feeling sorry for themselves or play the blame game, and work harder next season. That’s all they can and should do.

To be fair, this team is not a shambles as under Jose/LVG/Moyes.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you think Rashford doesn't care then you're deluded.

Players can have nightmares without it being a reflection on their desire.

klayton88

Don't want to see any of them on social media giving it 'we tried and on we go and we'll come back stronger' sick of it all. Same bullshit everytime

roseguy64

Honestly what he is saying is a load of nonsense. Look at the players out there tonight you could count maybe 2 or 3 who actually gave a crap about winning.
You people let your emotions rule you too much and talk rubbish.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Hes overworked.. playing thru injuries.. you can tell he didnt want to come off either.. hes passionate.. but he needs a rest